BRU 42

SEEADLER 111

If you look at this vid from Wags, it shows the BRU-41 with 6x MK-82. Unfortunately, this rack has been disabled in the lua file maybe due to the current flight model not calculating the weight yet. This is just my guess though. I believe this is why the 2x MK-84 on the centerline was disabled also.

EDIT: I meant 2x MK-83s on the centerline.

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

If you look at this vid from Wags, it shows the BRU-41 with 6x MK-82. Unfortunately, this rack has been disabled in the lua file maybe due to the current flight model not calculating the weight yet. This is just my guess though. I believe this is why the 2x MK-84 on the centerline was disabled also.

Oh wow I had not noticed those racks in that video before. Hope we get them eventually :D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Oh wow I had not noticed those racks in that video before. Hope we get them eventually :D

I have a feeling we're not going to - I don't think it was an allowable load. We've got the BRU-41 in-game already, with the practice bombs.

Also I believe the 2x Mk84 load was removed because there wasn't actually room for them - they were clipping into the model.

From my experience as an Aviation Ordnanceman in the Navy.

The BRU-41 (or MER - Multiple Ejector Rack) has 6 ejector racks and the BRU-42 (or TER - Triple Ejector Rack) has 3 ejector racks. (For the life of me, I can't remember what the overall weight capacity of these were... it's been over 20 years.)

In carrier aviation, it was unusual to see the TER used since most of the layouts were a full load of 6 x Mk 82s or 3 x Mk 83s. I've only seen Mk 84s used on the center-line for Hornets, the most Mk 84's I've seen on one aircraft at a time was a A-6E Intruder with 4 at once directly to the bomb racks.

I wish a developer would pick up the A-6E for an aircraft, that aircraft was an air to ground beast, it made the SU-25 look like a lightweight in regards to overall payload and range.

From my experience as an Aviation Ordnanceman in the Navy.

The BRU-41 (or MER - Multiple Ejector Rack) has 6 ejector racks and the BRU-42 (or TER - Triple Ejector Rack) has 3 ejector racks. (For the life of me, I can't remember what the overall weight capacity of these were... it's been over 20 years.)

In carrier aviation, it was unusual to see the TER used since most of the layouts were a full load of 6 x Mk 82s or 3 x Mk 83s. I've only seen Mk 84s used on the center-line for Hornets, the most Mk 84's I've seen on one aircraft at a time was a A-6E Intruder with 4 at once directly to the bomb racks.

I wish a developer would pick up the A-6E for an aircraft, that aircraft was an air to ground beast, it made the SU-25 look like a lightweight in regards to overall payload and range.

You're in luck - they're making it as an AI first but want to make it playable.

I have a feeling we're not going to - I don't think it was an allowable load. We've got the BRU-41 in-game already, with the practice bombs.

Also I believe the 2x Mk84 load was removed because there wasn't actually room for them - they were clipping into the model.

My apologies, I meant 2x MK-83s on the centerline. Sorry for the confusion.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I want to know, will F/A18C have a composite hanger for mounting multiple LGB and GBU bombs?

The Hornet they're modelling for us in DCS will only be able to mount one smart bomb (i.e. GBU-38/32/31 JDAM) per pylon - there is a digital double-pylon (BRU-55) but the US Navy never fitted it to their legacy Hornets in 2005 (or maybe at all), so we're not getting it. Hilariously, the Harrier actually has a digital triple rack which Razbam seems to be planning to offer, so the Harrier will have the advantage with JDAMs too!

We'll be able to dual-rack GBU-12/16's on the Hornet using the same racks as they use for the Mk 82s and Mk 83s as they don't need smart racks as the code is changed by the ground crew (though we've not seen how ED will implement that - other modules like the Mirage and F-5 do it via the kneeboard before you start up)

So our maximum guided bomb loadout is likely to be 4 GBU-38/32s/31s (possibly 5 if the centre-rack is a smart pylon, but I don't know) or 10 GBU-12s or 9 GBU-16s or 5 GBU-10s.

Edited by backspace340

I want to know, will F/A18C have a composite hanger for mounting multiple LGB and GBU bombs?

The most you’ll be able to hang is 2x on each pylon I believe. The same as you can with dumb bombs now.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

The Hornet they're modelling for us in DCS will only be able to mount one smart bomb (i.e. GBU-38/32/31 JDAM) per pylon - there is a digital double-pylon (BRU-55) but the US Navy never fitted it to their legacy Hornets in 2005 (or maybe at all), so we're not getting it. Hilariously, the Harrier actually has a digital triple rack which Razbam seems to be planning to offer, so the Harrier will have the advantage with JDAMs too!

We'll be able to dual-rack GBU-12/16's on the Hornet using the same racks as they use for the Mk 82s and Mk 83s as they don't need smart racks as the code is changed by the ground crew (though we've not seen how ED will implement that - other modules like the Mirage and F-5 do it via the kneeboard before you start up)

So our maximum guided bomb loadout is likely to be 4 GBU-38/32s/31s (possibly 5 if the centre-rack is a smart pylon, but I don't know) or 10 GBU-12s or 9 GBU-16s or 5 GBU-10s.

This is very good! This load is enough to satisfy me. I used to worry that only one bomb could be installed on each hanger, but now it seems that my worries are superfluous.

EDIT: I meant 2x MK-83s on the centerline.

It's possible to unlock this the same way we could unlock the G Mav when we just got the L Mav. It's not a realistic payload, but can be fun once or twice in SP, but you shouldn't get used to it rainbowdashwink.png

Since BST now works under the ED label, it's highly likely that we'll get the kneeboard options eventually for anything that goes by the ground crew, so also Mk.20 HoB, rocket pod settings and such.

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Since BST now works under the ED label, it's highly likely that we'll get the kneeboard options eventually for anything that goes by the ground crew, so also Mk.20 HoB, rocket pod settings and such.

You would hope so, though I saw a 'CODE' button on the Stores page in Wag's update screenshot, which might suggest we're going to get an A-10C style fudge and be able to change the code on the fly using that.