Any suggestions for nozzle bind to WH hotas?

sirrah

As new AV-8B driver, I'm still struggling a bit with TM Warthog key bindings

I was wondering. Is the AV-8B pilot able to adjust the nozzle lever with his fingertips while holding on to the throttle? Or will he actually have to let go of the throttle for a second to adjust the nozzle angle?

Right now I bound nozzle angle to the "throttle friction" slider, but this forces me to take my hand off the throttle and, probably because I don't have the feeling yet, I'm constantly adjusting throttles when trying a steady hover

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I was wondering. Is the AV-8B pilot able to adjust the nozzle lever with his fingertips while holding on to the throttle? Or will he actually have to let go of the throttle for a second to adjust the nozzle angle?

Right now I bound nozzle angle to the "throttle friction" slider, but this forces me to take my hand off the throttle and, probably because I don't have the feeling yet, I'm constantly adjusting throttles when trying a steady hover

Someone replied to my thread about something similar https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3675193&postcount=2

Split the throttle on the warthog and use one to control the nozzle angle.

Set the axis to a slider and the Y saturation to 83.

This way with the nozzle 'throttle' you can have them all the way forward for 0 nozzles and a quick swing back to the detent should have you on the 82 degrees for hover stop, past the detent and you have braking stop.

One need not worry about having too much granular control over the nozzles, the important angles to worry about are

0° - Wingbourne

50°-60° - Transitioning to hover

82° - Hover stop, with 4° nose down stabilator trim and it's lovely

99° - Braking stop, for those moments when you comei n a little too hot or fancy a bit of viffing.

I used to use the friction slider but changed it so left throttle is throttle and right throttle is nozzles. I'm on the fence now because this way you have to keep a hand on the nozzle throttle to access all the buttons. I may switch back to the friction slider I think it's better that way.

I use the "INCR and "DECR" slider to the right of the throttle. That way, I can adjust thrust while manipulating the nozzles with my thumb. Also, the nozzle lever is to the right of the throttle in the real aircraft, so it's somewhat realistic in that sense.

My original post was a bit confusing. I also use this slider (in real life it's the friction lever for the A-10).

Someone replied to my thread about something similar https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3675193&postcount=2

This way with the nozzle 'throttle' you can have them all the way forward for 0 nozzles and a quick swing back to the detent should have you on the 82 degrees for hover stop, past the detent and you have braking stop.

One need not worry about having too much granular control over the nozzles, the important angles to worry about are

0° - Wingbourne

99° - Braking stop, for those moments when you comei n a little too hot or fancy a bit of viffing.

Sounds good, I'll try this, thanks

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

0° - Wingbourne

I've tried setting this on my Warthog throttle and it doesn't detect the braking stop position when i move the throttle axis into the detent, the nozzles never go past 82 degrees.

Can you explain how you've set this up please?

Many Thanks

I've tried setting this on my Warthog throttle and it doesn't detect the braking stop position when i move the throttle axis into the detent, the nozzles never go past 82 degrees.

Can you explain how you've set this up please?

Many Thanks

He's saying the gray slider to the right of the throttle. Then when you're in the middle detent you'll be at 82 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

He's saying the gray slider to the right of the throttle. Then when you're in the middle detent you'll be at 82 degrees.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

^^^^ this guy has it I believe.

Don't own a warthog meself so no idea what bit is where but if there's a detent anywhere it can be done.

I think I might even get back to my TM Cougar throttle for this (still have it connected alongside my Warthog).

Cougar throttle seems perfect for this as the antenna elev slider can very easily be used with your thumb, while still controlling the throttle.

System specs:

I use left throttle for it. Right throttle for engine since it has most of the hotas controls. Works great honestly. I have the friction slider set for my zoom which works great as well.

I use the left throttle for nozzle, right for throttle, friction lever for nozzle stop

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie: