[A-4E Community Mod] - Guides And Tutorials Only

Excuse me ,But where are the INS knob to set to LAND ?

Take a look at the attached picture. :)

land.thumb.JPG.643d8d63d6bb9b0c43f2f9c0ab78d00e.JPG

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having problems with my trackir. Working on all other modules but not on this. I am going to use a default from another plane to see if it kicks into gear. If that doesnt work, I will reinstall the mod again. Do I need external trackir views enabled?

Any other ideas would be great

Cheers

Update: Deleting Headtracker, Mouse and Trackir folders from Input folder allowed my Trackir to work great. Deleting the folders replaced the text that was missing in the options/Axis Commands.

Edited by tmansteve
Update to problem

Hmm ... this doesnt really seems like a Guides and Tutorials Only thread, isnt it? .. more like a place to ask any doubt instead of reading the Guides :(

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ok i can see it.I know that knob and like it works ;but it is not marked as INS then make me have dudes.

Thanks for your explanation

Yes, it's a little strange, being marked as NAV not INS. But on the other hand INS means "Inertial Navigation System", so it actually is NAV, too. :smilewink:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I will be more than heppy to see any boombing video

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I will be more than heppy to see any boombing video

Try this:

Hi all,

I've got a basically complete "Chuck's" styled guide finished. The man himself even said:

"That's pretty impressive. Well-done!"

It's got:

• Startup
  • Radar Guide
  • Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Carrier Landings
  • Weapons Use (Including depression tables)
  • Navigation
  • Coutermeasures
  • Pretty pictures

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19b0jAdSRAZ0nmUxemZ05EFIfX0oeeSC5

If you have any things you spot missing or otherwise required, do let me know and I'll add them ASAP!

Out of the motherlovin park hombre! Nice work! Thanks.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

Shameless plug for a Squadron mate at CSG-1 - BONZ used to fly Scooters as adversary back in the day, along with some other really cool stuff when he was in the Fleet but he has put together a nice tutorial on MK-82 LD bombing in the Scooter.

'Gimp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

Shameless plug for a Squadron mate at CSG-1 - BONZ used to fly Scooters as adversary back in the day, along with some other really cool stuff when he was in the Fleet but he has put together a nice tutorial on MK-82 LD bombing in the Scooter.

'Gimp

Hey,

is it possible to share the mission? I like the range setup....

Cheers

Hey,

is it possible to share the mission? I like the range setup....

Cheers

+1, por favor.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

isn't it just the training range that's used on a lot of the in game tuts? just add targets to taste?

Looks to me like a 'self developed' range since it uses the 476th range target objects... I really like these 'lead in' lines!

How i can set the guns reticle for adecuare distance to target?.

Everytime i use the gun again a target never achieve a good accuare to hit it.

Could somebody help me about this topic?

Thanks in avance

This is real world, not sure how it compares to DCS yet.

'Gimp | DISCO CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

guns.thumb.png.dd20e0f209506978fded8db1af752ef3.png

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

• 2 weeks later...

When using the onboard guns I make almost no damage to enemy vehicles. Since I strapped two Mk-4 HIPEG under the A-4's wings it's a charm. Just try it out. :)

When using the onboard guns I make almost no damage to enemy vehicles. Since I strapped two Mk-4 HIPEG under the A-4's wings it's a charm. Just try it out. :)

Make sure you're on the most recent version. The original release's guns were bugged.

Check the guide I posted, it has employment methods and depression tables

Any one can help with deployment weapons ?

I know all the switchs and selectors but dont know the right way to deploy them on the targets.

For example:

How do i know whan or where the SAM site location to fire the AGM-45 ?

For now i only fly high and wait for the first missile shot at me.

That’s the way i know the place of this SAM site and fire my missile to this direction in 3 nm from the target.

No lock tones of the missile no nothing.

Edited by assafm25

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Any one can help with deployment weapons ?

I know all the switchs and selectors but dont know the right way to deploy them on the targets.

For example:

How do i know whan or where the SAM site location to fire the AGM-45 ?

For now i only fly high and wait for the first missile shot at me.

That’s the way i know the place of this SAM site and fire my missile to this direction in 3 nm from the target.

No lock tones of the missile no nothing.

For now there is no way to know if the Shrike has the target or not, just put it over the SAM site and pop it off and pray. If I'm not mistaken though, I believe Merker indicated they were going to give it a growl, but I may be entirely misremembering that as I can't find it in my notes.

For now there is no way to know if the Shrike has the target or not, just put it over the SAM site and pop it off and pray. If I'm not mistaken though, I believe Merker indicated they were going to give it a growl, but I may be entirely misremembering that as I can't find it in my notes.

Thanks

add a link to post about Radar use

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3717496&postcount=595

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

CAS Essentials - Flying the Keyhole Hold in the Scooter

Set point Echo (target) into the INS as a waypoint (D1 or D2), navigate to your desireddirected hold (Charlie-Delta 15 in this example), enter the racetrack, turn initial as desireddirected.

Utilize Path, CSS, HDG SEL and ALT HLD modes of the autopilot for task shedding.

Not bad for a first attempt.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]