[A-4E Community Mod] - Guides And Tutorials Only

Hi all,

I've got a basically complete "Chuck's" styled guide finished. The man himself even said:

"That's pretty impressive. Well-done!"

It's got:

• Startup
  • Radar Guide
  • Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Carrier Landings
  • Weapons Use (Including depression tables)
  • Navigation
  • Coutermeasures
  • Pretty pictures

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19b0jAdSRAZ0nmUxemZ05EFIfX0oeeSC5

If you have any things you spot missing or otherwise required, do let me know and I'll add them ASAP!

Thanks .This guide is very usefull for me

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGM-45 Shrikes do not work for me as is wrote in manual.

All set and no hear "lock" beep sound when is plane lightened by enemy radar.

Tried against several enemy AA systems with no succes.

Nose i have direct against target, tried distance 1 - 5 nm - nothing - no sound anyway.

AGM-45 Shrikes do not work for me as is wrote in manual.

All set and no hear "lock" beep sound when is plane lightened by enemy radar.

Tried against several enemy AA systems with no succes.

Nose i have direct against target, tried distance 1 - 5 nm - nothing - no sound anyway.

There is no tone in the mod, they do lock however.

They do only have a 3 degree off-bore seeker, so you do have to make sure they're heading almost directly at the radar

Hi all,

I've got a basically complete "Chuck's" styled guide finished. The man himself even said:

"That's pretty impressive. Well-done!"

It's got:

• Startup
  • Radar Guide
  • Takeoff
  • Landing
  • Carrier Landings
  • Weapons Use (Including depression tables)
  • Navigation
  • Coutermeasures
  • Pretty pictures

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19b0jAdSRAZ0nmUxemZ05EFIfX0oeeSC5

If you have any things you spot missing or otherwise required, do let me know and I'll add them ASAP!

Good afternoon

could somebody explain how to set up a flight plan or establish several waypoints with the ASN / AN 41 coordinate computer.

Thanks

Good afternoon

could somebody explain how to set up a flight plan or establish several waypoints with the ASN / AN 41 coordinate computer.

Thanks

You can have 2 coordinates stored in the computer at any one time. Start the aircraft and set the knob that says Off, Standby, D1, D2 to Standby and turn the selector knob for the INS to Land. Then flick the coordinate selector knob to D2 to lock in your present position into the D2 setting, then flick to D1, dial in your coordinate using the knobs, enter in your Magnetic Variance, then you're done. It's a fantastically simple system that works great even though you can only store 2 at a time. If you want more then you're going to have to write your coordinates down and change them on the fly. Don't touch the Present Position knobs unless you're out of sync.

Good afternoon

Thanks

Hi there, it's explained in the guide, what about that explanation isn't clear? I'll amend the guide to make it clearer

How do I turn on the RADAR altimeter? I always have the flag "OFF" on the indicator. :helpsmilie:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

How do I turn on the RADAR altimeter? I always have the flag "OFF" on the indicator. :helpsmilie:

Press the button on the radar altimeter.

It only functions below 5000ft and at certain angles of attack/attitudes. The specific limits and operation are in my guide

Hi ,

Any explanation about bomb runs and deploy ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Press the button on the radar altimeter.

It only functions below 5000ft and at certain angles of attack/attitudes. The specific limits and operation are in my guide

Thanks, Wheelyjoe. I thought it's just a rotary button. Didn't notice it can be pushed, too. :doh: Sometimes it's the simple things...

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Check the guide I posted, it has employment methods and depression tables

I did

Greta guide

but not found a full employ of A/G Booms.

Only a Great check list .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Is there a graphic or guide showing what the HOTAS button/switch functions are? I want to match it with my setup

Edit: I found the stick in the guide, attaching the image for anyone who finds this via search.

still looking for the throttle though.

A4E_stick.thumb.PNG.ede54dbb1e5b2c56cd2eaa09cf7655ab.PNG

Edited by TomVR

Hi there, it's explained in the guide, what about that explanation isn't clear? I'll amend the guide to make it clearer

When you say that D2 is present position is D1 the destinación point ?.

If that is so what is the next point in a fly plan with 3 or 4 waypoinlts ?

This is my dude and i do not know how set coordinates For point se Numbers 3 ,4 or followers in a fly plan

You can have 2 coordinates stored in the computer at any one time. Start the aircraft and set the knob that says Off, Standby, D1, D2 to Standby and turn the selector knob for the INS to Land. Then flick the coordinate selector knob to D2 to lock in your present position into the D2 setting, then flick to D1, dial in your coordinate using the knobs, enter in your Magnetic Variance, then you're done. It's a fantastically simple system that works great even though you can only store 2 at a time. If you want more then you're going to have to write your coordinates down and change them on the fly. Don't touch the Present Position knobs unless you're out of sync.

Thanks very much

Now i Think that have a better idea as how it works.Only two waypoint are enable set at a time is not possible make a fly plan with severas waypoints.

I will try it late

Is there a graphic or guide showing what the HOTAS button/switch functions are? I want to match it with my setup

Edit: I found the stick in the guide, attaching the image for anyone who finds this via search.

still looking for the throttle though.

I just added a page for the throttle in the same guide. I have no idea what the last button is for though. So if anyone knows please let me know.

I don't understand, all bombs are used exactly the same.

But how ?

I talk about the boomb run.

What Speed , High , AOA.

Pop up runs or stright line ?

And all the info about making it right.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

-----------------------

-------------

But how ?

I talk about the boomb run.

What Speed , High , AOA.

Pop up runs or stright line ?

And all the info about making it right.

That's not possible from existing manuals, as the modelling isn't that realistic.

There are nearly 10 pages of depression tables with hight, angle of attack and speed, for both bombs are rockets, and it says there that most are based on the mk82 and follow the same/very similar aerodynamic trajectories.

There is no LABS computer for calculated delivery.

If there is AAA go low and fast level or >15k, if there are SAM sites, go below or above their engagement zone, if there are MANPADs stay above their engagement zone. The tactics you use depends on the target, the topography, the air threat and the desired effect on target. That is the judgement that defines your skill as a pilot.

I have provided pages of data on how the bombs fall, from fast and slow, low and high, flat and diving, what you do with with that information is up to you.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk