[A-4E Community Mod] - Guides And Tutorials Only

TACAN on CVN

INS in the A-4E works great, but I can't find a carrier's TACAN signal. I'm setting the channel I chose in the "Mission Editor" but nothing happens. I hear no Morse-Code an the BDHI indicates no direction for TACAN.

I turned TACAN on, waited for 3 minutes, then switched to T/R, BDHI to TACAN with the correct channel and... nothing. :huh:

What's your experience with TACAN?

Just tried it with the TACAN station at Kasab airfield. Works fine. Probably just the carrier TACAN doesn't work?

Edited by norbot
Airbase-TACAN

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only static TACANs work, the Ones that are on the Map itself

Thanks, just edited my post. Found out that static TACAN works at Kasab. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

• 4 weeks later...
I'm working on a sort of guide. Can't promise it will be to the quality of an official manual.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cUH7jpAoGHm-IzUDnv_NDhiZlvX55Q9WvpgR1d9ksYY/edit?usp=sharing

Heclack........Thank you very much for this guide mate,it's absolutely smashing !,I really appreciate your obvious hard work in producing such a great aid to the A-4E-C.

Top work buddy thumbup.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 1 year later...

I thought the A4 was dead with the new version of Dcs??

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys! I know I have seen Bombing Tables for teh A-4E-C, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Other than the ones in de Guide of course, I am looking to expand the armament used, Tables for Sliks, MK 83s, etc... Thanks in advance!

Hi Guys! I know I have seen Bombing Tables for teh A-4E-C, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Hello,

Yes, on this same thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3695827&postcount=42

Other than the ones in de Guide of course, I am looking to expand the armament used, Tables for Sliks, MK 83s, etc... Thanks in advance!

For weapon tables, the ones on Heclak Guide are best, as they were determined by actual experimentation with the A-4E .. Wheelyjoe's Guide used the real F-5E tables instead, but they don't really match the A-4E Mod.

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB