NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

so i need more details, or better a track or missionfile.

if you mean you cant takeoff from runway-spawn, yes. but you can taxi to the cat and launch that way

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

YES. Its as though the plane spawns partially buried and explodes as soon as you hit FLY

If you're on the Stable release then that's an ED problem. It has been fixed on the Open Beta branch but hasn't shown up on stable yet.

I noticed that in the USAF Aggressor "country" A4 has only the unmarked skin.

It would be great to have also some aggressor skins.

noticed that too .. all skins should be available ..at least the agressor ones

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Minor request, if you guys got a minute.

in the current controls settings, it only allows the keyboard to have bindings for "Engines start", and "Engines stop". For all other controllers the option to bind those is greyed out.

could you unlock the Engines start/stop settings so that those can be bound to any controller button?

Thanks!

Minor request, if you guys got a minute.

in the current controls settings, it only allows the keyboard to have bindings for "Engines start", and "Engines stop". For all other controllers the option to bind those is greyed out.

could you unlock the Engines start/stop settings so that those can be bound to any controller button?

Thanks!

Added to the todo list. Should be a simple fix.

Edit: Fixed for the next patch

Edited by heclak

This is the manual, or a "reduced" version of the manual ?

There is no official manual for the A-4E-C. But being one of the coders for the module, that is as close/accurate as it gets. However, it is still a work-in-progress and I am writing it as I learn each system of the aircraft. You can use the actual NATOPS manual if you prefer an extremely detailed manual too. I am writing it based on the NATOPS manual.

There is no official manual for the A-4E-C. But being one of the coders for the module, that is as close/accurate as it gets.

Cool, it's not a problem, I just wanted to know if there was a detailed oficial manual.

It's even better like that, I'll not feel guilty for flying it without reading the manual first ;)

Added some highly requested key bindings for the next patch.

Brilliant :thumbup: I always wondered, is it very difficult to add the CW/CCW bindings?

Because some devs of payware modules seem to really struggle with it (or just don't care).

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Brilliant :thumbup: I always wondered, is it very difficult to add the CW/CCW bindings?

Because some devs of payware modules seem to really struggle with it (or just don't care).

It depends on how the system was coded. It took a bit of time to figure out how I should do it but it was really straightforward after that. I made sure I figured it out as I know some people really need it. I would describe difficulty as 1.5 out of 5?

@ Heclak: Many thanks for adding the RWR/ECM pages to your guide! Now I know how to use them. :smilewink: :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

@ Heclak: Many thanks for adding the RWR/ECM pages to your guide! Now I know how to use them. :smilewink: :thumbup:

No problem. However, the visual ECM panel is based off the APR-25 which isn’t done. The function is currently based on the older APR-23 so the only thing you need is the APR-23 power switch and the volume knobs.

That’s why the orange boxes. I’ll look into explaining those better. Still a work-in-progress.

Jacks you need to log in to the Scooter, let it fully spawn, then back out to Spectator or another aircraft, and once that spawns in you can go back to the Scooter and the click spots will be in the right locations.

Is this a joke ?

I have the Clickarea problem, have to click outside the controls ... if it's not a Joke, can someone explain me how to do that ? Is it only for MP ? What's the Scooter ?

Added some highly requested key bindings for the next patch. Please feel free to suggest key bindings that are missing or not working.

I think the HUD ilumination keys are not working, Gun Sight roulette doesn't react

Edited by cercata

Is this a joke ?

I have the Clickarea problem, have to click outside the controls ... if it's not a Joke, can someone explain me how to do that ? Is it only for MP ? What's the Scooter ?

Select the scooter in roles, click fly, then Escape, Select Role, Back to Spectator, then back to the plane. The Scooter is one of the A-4's many nicknames.

Select the scooter in roles, click fly, then Escape, Select Role, Back to Spectator, then back to the plane. The Scooter is one of the A-4's many nicknames.

"Select role" is only available in Multiplayer, isn't it ? Can you recommend me a server to practice with the "Scooter" ? I was in SP till now.

BTW, the scooter is trully amazing, yesterday was my first day with it, still have to map somethings, and learn others, but I'm liking it as much as the F-5E

Edited by cercata

I think the HUD ilumination keys are not working, Gun Sight roulette doesn't react

I'll look into this, looks like its a generic keybind leftover from the FC3 commands and it shouldn't have been there at all. I might consider removing it altogether as the A-4E HUD brightness will increase to a point where it will turn off.

Is this keybind even useful/needed? I hardly ever change the HUD brightness.