NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

For one thing it is invasive and it is unnavigable and the option to DL the file to your desktop doesn't exist. Against my better judgement I spent several hours of my life trying to figure out how it works. I am not a novice and if it is this hard to DL a file from google drive then I don't need the A-4 either.

Could you give us some info on the browser you are using?

I never had a problem with Google Drive and I don't even have a Google account. No need to have one. Anybody can simply download the file. There are no other complaints here, that they couldn't download the ZIP file, so I just wonder why it doesn't work in your case.

Just tried it with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Edge on a Windows 10 computer. No problems at all with the download...

Edited by norbot

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks but don't bother. I have read all the help websites. They didn't work....and I am not going to go through it again. I've got brain drain from it all.

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties in using Google Drive. In case you ever need to download another file from Google Drive, here are some instructions that I found online. The image is of Google Docs but the text instructions are accurate.

If you are unsuccessful with these instructions, you may be using an unsupported/outdated browser. It is important to use an updated browser for personal security reasons. I would recommend Google Chrome but if you want to avoid Google products you can consider Mozilla Firefox or Opera as well.

64b6F0p.jpg

Um, what?

You literally open the link, then click A-4E-C v1.3.zip and it downloads to your desktop...

Well....it didn't go to my desktop. It went to Google Drive....several times. Now I have a whole bunch of copies of it in Google Drive with a bunch of other stuff that I never knew I had.

I have the same thing, but it works like a charm...now all i have to di is go to my GDrive, click "Shared with me" and select the folder and presto! look at the updated file date..and download to my Download folder on my computer

Marvin "Cactus" Palmer

DCS:World 2.5(ob)

Gigabyte Z390 Designare i7-9700K (4.6GHz), 32Gb RAM (3600MHz), GTX2070, 40" 1080p Monitor, TM Warthog, Saitek Rudder pedals,TM Cougar MFD, and an ipad.

Well....it didn't go to my desktop. It went to Google Drive....several times.

When you select the file, and you're logged-in to your Google account, you choose whether to save it to your own Drive or download it locally. The latter option is highlighted below.

gDrive.thumb.JPG.464eaa7e96d6b967732571b172e24380.JPG

Alternatively. simply right-clicking on the file opens a menu with "Download..." as an option at the bottom.

If you have no Google account, or you're logged-out, then as Norbot stated downloading to your local computer is the only option offered.

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

Fantastic mod - very well done to the Dev team.

One small suggestion - is it possible to provide with each update a text (pdf) table listing all controls that can be either bound to a key or have an axis assigned. This would make it easier to keep up to date with any changes.

The Advanced Propulsion Control (APC Enable/STBY/Off) is not listed in the Control Settings. It is great that it is clickable in cockpit but it would be great if it was bindable to my HOTAS as it difficult to click it when flying as the throttle obscures both switches. The same for its asociated environmental switch (APC Hot/STD/Cold).

Thanks in advance and many thanks for the mod and all the hard work done by the Dev team.

I’ve coded in the bindings for the APC not too long ago. Will be included in the next update.

As for the update text, that makes a lot of sense. Especially since there’s number of keybindings added for the next update. I’ll see what I can come up with.

Thank you for your compliments and suggestions.

Any chance on re-texturing the exhaust and intake compressor blades? Looks like they were mapped near the main gear and are sharing the gear textures.

I've already logged this issue in our issue tracker some time ago. I think its a matter of when. But do note that its already on the list.

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues/100

Well to all those who tried to help me ....thanks. But I finally figured it out somehow...on my other laptop.

But for anyone who the INSTALL directions didn't work for them I'll tell you'all what I did. ..because I had to modify things a bit.

In my SAVED GAMES folder it only says "DCS" with no option to choose anything else like the Alpha or Beta installations. So I just chose DCS.

In the DCS folder there was no "Mods" folder

So I went to where I saved the A-4E file clicked on it and copied the "Mods" folder.

Then went back to the DCS folder in "Saved Games" opened it and pasted the "Mods" folder into it. Closed everything.

Started up DCS as usual and saw that the A-4 was listed with the rest of my aircraft. HOWEVER:

There's always a "however" isn't there!

I thought that I would quickly check out the new A-4 so I opened up INSTANT ACTION and chose Cold Start for the A4. When the mission begins I can see it sitting on the runway for a split second then it blows up in a fireball before my eyes.....every time.

But it does not blow up if I choose a mission when it begins in mid-air.... Hmmmmm...strange!

So I landed it three times and all but the last were the best I've ever landed any aircraft. The last one I bunny hopped a bit but I came in from hectic positions without really being set up to land and in fact I didn't use any instruments at all for any of the landings...because I couldn't see them. SO I winged it as they say. And if I had have done this with any of my other aircraft I would have crash on landing for sure!

Don't know why it blows up when I start any mission from the ground.

Don't know why I can land it so easily...I'm not that good.

So.....I gotta say I like the plane after all.....because I can land it real nice!

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

But for anyone who the INSTALL directions didn't work for them I'll tell you'all what I did. ..because I had to modify things a bit.

Thank you for your feedback on the install instructions. I'll look into updating the install instructions for better clarity.

I thought that I would quickly check out the new A-4 so I opened up INSTANT ACTION and chose Cold Start for the A4. When the mission begins I can see it sitting on the runway for a split second then it blows up in a fireball before my eyes.....every time.

But it does not blow up if I choose a mission when it begins in mid-air.... Hmmmmm...strange!

This is an issue in the DCS World engine that was introduced in an OpenBeta patch in February. This affects all SFM aircraft (including the A-4E and MB-3339) and makes then unusable from a ground start. Carrier and air starts are not affected. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=232390

ED had pushed that bug into the stable branch thus it is also affecting stable release users.

It has been fixed in the OpenBeta for almost a month now but ED has been holding off pushing the code to the Stable release due to other bugs and CTD related to the Hornet and F-14. We were told the Stable release will be updated in the next few days.

So.....I gotta say I like the plane after all.....because I can land it real nice!

I am glad you are finally able to enjoy the aircraft. Congratulations on your landings.

I've already logged this issue in our issue tracker some time ago. I think its a matter of when. But do note that its already on the list.

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues/100

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. I was going to resolve it on my own, but once I realized the mapping was sharing specific coordinates with the main gear, I promptly realized there was nothing I could do to fix it. :thumbup: I love this mod. It's great to school the F-14 fly boys!:music_whistling:

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Just finished a rough model of the ACMI pod. I know there are some mistakes in the model but I'll leave that for another day. This was just a practice session to figure out my workflow again.

oLsTCP5.jpg

Disclaimer: This is a render and not indicative of the actual look in the game engine. The game engine's lighting system is not this detailed but it is close.

It looks cool!

Maybe you can also do the LAU-7.

Isn't the LAU-7 already in the game?

Yes but is it possible to associate it with the TACTS pod?

Or you need to model it with the pod?

Yes you can but it’s more than just a declaration. There’s a chunk of code that needs to be written, much like how bomb racks are used. I’ll write that when I get my model into the sim.

Basically you have to create a new CSID for the combination of the 2, right?

Yea. That’s the general idea.

Here's how it looks in modelviewer and the sim. I'm still having some trouble getting it attached via the LAU-7 due to some missing lua declarations for command pods. I think if I can't work around that code then I might really need to model the LAU-7. (I hope not)

dTNyXwb.png

Ti1b42k.png

:thumbup:

Gotta create new code for both the Pylon and the Store information, then use that Class ID.

However LAU-7 is not in DCS as a Standalone LAUNCH Unit

However Example:"

--[[ LAUNCHER ELEMENTS MASS ]]
local LAU7_mass = 40.8233					--[[LAU-7 Weight]]

--ACMI TABLE DATA
local ACMI_data =
{
--Note WS TYPE FOR T-50 ACMI Pod is Entered
["SHAPE NAME"]			= {name = "DISPLAY NAME",		mass = WEIGHT IN KG,   wsType = {4,15,47,108},   Cx = 0.0001, picture = "ais-pod-t50.png"},
}

--[[ LAU-7 ELEMENTS ATTACHMENT INFO ]]
local function LAU7(element)
local ACMI_variant = ACMI_data[element]
local data = {
	category		=	CAT_PODS,
	CLSID			=	"{LAU7_"..element.."}",
	Picture			=	ACMI_variant.picture,
	wsTypeOfWeapon	=	ACMI_variant.wsType,
	displayName		=  _("LAU7 - 1 x "..ACMI_variant.name),
	attribute		=	{wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER},
	Cx_pil			=	ACMI_variant.Cx,
	Count			=	1,
	Weight			=	LAU7_mass + 1 * ACMI_variant.mass,
	Elements		= {	{ShapeName	= "LAU_7",	IsAdapter  	   = true},
						{ShapeName	= element,		connector_name = "Point01"},
						}, -- end of Elements
}
declare_loadout(data)
end
--[[ LAU-7 DECLARATIONS]]
LAU127("NAME")

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Gotta create new code for both the Pylon and the Store information, then use that Class ID.

However Example:"

--[[ LAUNCHER ELEMENTS MASS ]]
local LAU7_mass = 40.8233					--[[LAU-7 Weight]]

--ACMI TABLE DATA
local ACMI_data =
{
--Note WS TYPE FOR T-50 ACMI Pod is Entered
["SHAPE NAME"]			= {name = "DISPLAY NAME",		mass = WEIGHT IN KG,   wsType = {4,15,47,108},   Cx = 0.0001, picture = "ais-pod-t50.png"},
}

--[[ LAU-7 ELEMENTS ATTACHMENT INFO ]]
local function LAU7(element)
local ACMI_variant = ACMI_data[element]
local data = {
	category		=	CAT_PODS,
	CLSID			=	"{LAU7_"..element.."}",
	Picture			=	ACMI_variant.picture,
	wsTypeOfWeapon	=	ACMI_variant.wsType,
	displayName		=  _("LAU7 - 1 x "..ACMI_variant.name),
	attribute		=	{wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER},
	Cx_pil			=	ACMI_variant.Cx,
	Count			=	1,
	Weight			=	LAU7_mass + 1 * ACMI_variant.mass,
	Elements		= {	{ShapeName	= "LAU_7",	IsAdapter  	   = true},
						{ShapeName	= element,		connector_name = "Point01"},
						}, -- end of Elements
}
declare_loadout(data)
end
--[[ LAU-7 DECLARATIONS]]
LAU127("NAME")

Hmmm... That looks rather close to what I tried but using {4,15,47,108} which is the exact type for the T-50 pod kept calling up the T-50 shape instead of the one I've defined. And using WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER for the wsTypeOfWeapon definition keeps throwing an error as wsTypeOfWeapon doesn't seem to have a stringToInt function.

I'll give it another try again tonight. Fingers crossed.

Still having trouble attaching my custom model on an adapter. My current code is shown below with some comments.

-- ACMI POD
local pods_data = {
   ["AN-95"]   = { name = "AN/APX-95", mass = "10", ShapeName = "an_apx_95", wsType = {4, 15, 47, 108}, Cx = 0.0019, picture = "ais-pod-t50.png"},
}

local function LAU7(CLSID, element)
   local variant = pods_data[element]
   local var_mass = variant.mass or 85.5
   local data = {
       category        = CAT_PODS,
       CLSID           = CLSID,
       Picture         = variant.picture,
       displayName     = "LAU-7 "..variant.name,
       wsTypeOfWeapon  = variant.wsType,
       attribute       = {wsType_Weapon,wsType_GContainer,wsType_Support,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, -- no model loaded
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,50}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,111}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       -- attribute       = {4,4,32,WSTYPE_PLACEHOLDER}, -- T-50 loads with pylon
       Cx_pil          = variant.Cx,
       Count           = 1,
       Weight          = 15 + var_mass,
       Elements        = 
       {
           { ShapeName = "aero-3b",            IsAdapter       = true },
           { ShapeName = variant.ShapeName,    connector_name  = "Point"}
       }
   }
   declare_loadout(data)
end

LAU7("{AN/APX-95}", "AN-95")

I think the issue here is having to use declare_weapon() to declare my acmi pod before being able to attach it to the adaptor.

Unfortunately, it looks like it might not be possible as looking in db_mods.lua shows this. This would cause issues as the add_shape_table() isn't called when declaring a CAT_PODS.

function declare_weapon(tbl)
elseif tbl.category == CAT_FUEL_TANKS or
	   tbl.category == CAT_PODS then
	 -- nothing todo
end

I might spend some time looking further into the DCS code but my hopes are not high. The T-50 pod is coded via the ContainerTable.sht and third-party pods are not attached via adapters. So maybe that feature just doesn't yet exist.

Quite a lot of effort that you are doing there for the ACMI Pod. :) What will be the practical benefits of this in DCS? Will the pod have any function or is it just a visual treat?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Quite a lot of effort that you are doing there for the ACMI Pod. :) What will be the practical benefits of this in DCS? Will the pod have any function or is it just a visual treat?

Haha. Unfortunately, it's just a visual treat. Rest assured other features are being worked on as well. I just committed some new code for some new systems as well. Working on the ACMI pod is a 3D exercise for me.

Haha. Unfortunately, it's just a visual treat. Rest assured other features are being worked on as well. I just committed some new code for some new systems as well. Working on the ACMI pod is a 3D exercise for me.

Well, even if it's just a 3D exercise, other weapons may benefit from your acquired expertise. How about a functioning Walleye? :D:D:D

Well, even if it's just a 3D exercise, other weapons may benefit from your acquired expertise. How about a functioning Walleye? :D:D:D

I would love to do a "functioning" walleye unfortunately guided weapons are just not possible without the SDK telling us how to code it. And it's probably not possible via Lua code too. So our hands are tied.

You guys did a great job with the Community A-4E, may it be with or without the Walleye. So if the Walleye will ever be available for it, it will be even more fun. And if there will be no Walleye, I will still have a lot of fun with your A-4E. Thanks again for all your work in the last few years! :thumbup:

Skin Issue

I installed the MOD and it works great. The only issue I am having is that I can only see 2 Skins.. Argentine Navy 309 and Brazilian (something or other)

I see that there are dozens of skins in the mod but I cannot get them to show up..