NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Nope, not gonna click it. I don't need that song ricocheting around in my head.... :)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Nor me lol doh.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

In the latest open beta patch aircraft no longer explode, when starting on the ground. Just tried it with the A-4E. Problem has been solved. :)

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

So any news about ver. 1.03? :smilewink:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

So any news about ver. 1.03? :smilewink:

most of the devs took the liberty of a little holiday during the "time of random explosions".

(while other keep sneaking in features that need to be tested)

so it will be a few days befor everybody gets back into it

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

most of the devs took the liberty of a little holiday during the "time of random explosions".

(while other keep sneaking in features that need to be tested)

so it will be a few days befor everybody gets back into it

Well, even the devs need a holiday from time to time. And you all did a great job with the A-4E. Now that it stopped exploding on the runway, we have our fun again. :D

i just learned about the exploding airplane. any way around it? i am assumimg the open beta fixes it? but is that a whole separate install? thanks!

The explosion bug has been resolve in the latest DCS Open Beta update. If you're running the "normal" version of DCS, this does not effect you. Hope that helps!

Edit: I've been informed that the issue is present in Stable, so please hang on another week or two before the bugfix is updated on the "normal" version of DCS!

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

The explosion bug has been resolve in the latest DCS Open Beta update. If you're running the "normal" version of DCS, this does not effect you. Hope that helps!

Edit: I've been informed that the issue is present in Stable, so please hang on another week or two before the bugfix is updated on the "normal" version of DCS!

thanks very much for the reply!

i am quite excited to try the A4 so I downloaded the Open Beta as well so I can fly it tonight. :)

hey all. not sure if this is the place to ask for help, but first off, love this A4. tons of fun. just had a few questions.

first - anyone else have trouble getting 'tone' on a helicopter. just did a test to learn how to use the A-A missiles and while i get the growling, it never goes into a higher tone. seem to have everything set right. figure it's maybe that the Mi-24 targets aren't hot enough?

second - i notice the stick and track ir are a bit 'sensitive' compared to other modules. i saw someone mention it in a youtube video as well. anyone have nay tips on some good axis and track ir settings for the A4?

Thanks again for your time. A fun aircraft!

1) helos are notoriously hard to lock since thier Rotor is basicly a large cooling fan

2) this is an issue that will be adressed in the next version

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

The A-4 Skyhawks never had launch bars. They used a launch cable called the "bridle". Each end of the cable was looped and connected to hooks inside the main wheel bays. The middle of bridle was hooked by the catapult shuttle. At the end of the launch stroke, the cable was discarded and attempted to be caught in a net off the edge of the deck. The F-4 Phantom II and F-8 Crusader also used the bridle system...and all prior Navy carrier aircraft going back at least to WWII. The A-6 and A-7 were the first to use the Launch bar, I believe. Even the big A-3 Skywarrior and A-5 Vigilante used the bridle system.

Here's an illustration of the catapult bridle hookup for launching an A-4 Skyhawk. I found this in the excellent book, Naval Fighters No. 51, by Steve Ginter.

Also included a picture of the gap between the wing and the fully extended leading edge slat on a real A-4A vs. the A-4E-C. Too much gap on the A-4E-C slat, especially to the outboard portion and it sits up too high relative to the wing.

1850105856_CatapultHookupdiag.thumb.png.2409c98cc640de3a516c672a35044b3e.png

321952897_A4D-1slatgap.thumb.jpg.290085746dfd4cbe99160f533d6730e0.jpg

686529973_SlatgapontheA-4E-Cmodel.thumb.png.d82f5eac60d9211baa77da5339d6436e.png

Anyone else having TACAN issues? I'm wondering if it's me or the new TACAN settings that got worked into DCS.

Also, I forgot how much fun this thing is! Carrier work is a blast! I'm guessing there's no workaround for the Scooter taking off again if you hit full power on a trap?

I've had no major issues with TACAN. It is a line of sight system so make sure there's no mountains or anything between you and the emitter.

As long as you pull off the power before the rollback is finished there should be no issue with taking off again at full power.

Great mod. So much fun. Love flying this bird!

Any suggestions on the best Russian SAMs to use the Shrike on? Can't get mine to lock on.

Thanks!

Try it with an SA-2 group for the beginning (SAM SR P-19 for search, Fan-Song for tracking and some SA-2 launchers). Works perfectly. Engage the SR P-19 from something like 12 nm away. You will have to beam a few times in order to get close enough, but it works.

Can't wait for version 1.03 where we probably will have a lock tone and maybe even ECM - or at least some warning tone and light, when a SAM is launched.

Try it with an SA-2 group for the beginning (SAM SR P-19 for search, Fan-Song for tracking and some SA-2 launchers). Works perfectly. Engage the SR P-19 from something like 12 nm away. You will have to beam a few times in order to get close enough, but it works.

Can't wait for version 1.03 where we probably will have a lock tone and maybe even ECM - or at least some warning tone and light, when a SAM is launched.

Well in the current alpha version the Shrike Lock tone works and is amazing at improving your accuracy with Shrikes within weapon parameters, and the simple RWR is working very well, though you'll have to get used to the base tone that plays continuously and the threat light works well too. The more advanced RWR is working in testing, but is still a while away from being a useful player aid.