NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Good to hear it's working. I hope you enjoy the A-4E. I like it very much. Can't wait for the new version 1.03. :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Are there plans to change the damage model of the skyhawk? Yesterday I flew against AI skyhawks for the first time and they can take three direct sidewinder hits without falling apart. Its great if you use the A-4 as a player, though ;)

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

The "exploding on the ground" is a bug that has been intodruced in the latest openbeta Patch.

ED is aware of this Bug and will fix it in the next openbeta-Patch

in the meantime Pilots have the following options:

Stick to DCS stable branch

Stick to TakeOffs from Carrier

both work.

Spawning from the carrier doesnt work for me, still explodes...hopefully the bug will get fixed soon

Spawning from the carrier doesnt work for me, still explodes...hopefully the bug will get fixed soon

did you "start from runway" , which never worked

or "start hot from ramp"/"start from ramp"?

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

A-4E-C start from parking started blowing up on mission start with the previous beta update and STILL DOES with the 2-20-2019 beta update.

It worked fine in the same mission (cold start ground mission) prior to the last two beta updates.

Out understanding is that it will be fixed in next week's open beta update. There's nothing that can be done on our end before that time unfortunately.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Understandable Merker,not your doing,and appreciate all the work that's being done on our behalf.......Thank you.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

A-4E-C start from parking started blowing up on mission start with the previous beta update and STILL DOES with the 2-20-2019 beta update.

It worked fine in the same mission (cold start ground mission) prior to the last two beta updates.

on 20.2 there was no open beta patch, it was OB > stable, so its basicly the same update as a week befor(which included the groundBoomBug)

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

First of all congrats on this amazing module, I had a blast flying this beauty since I discovered it a couple of days ago.

I am sorry if this is already mentioned before but did anyone successfully ré-started on a carrier ? It seems the ground elec pow bugs out on the stennis, it appears for a split second and then dissappears again.

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

kurtz667, be sure you have the latest version, the Huffer Cart logic has been changed to allow carrier operation - you may need to grab the current alpha version from developer team.

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

First of all congrats on this amazing module, I had a blast flying this beauty since I discovered it a couple of days ago.

I am sorry if this is already mentioned before but did anyone successfully ré-started on a carrier ? It seems the ground elec pow bugs out on the stennis, it appears for a split second and then dissappears again.

In the current release version, you cannot start the aircraft on the carrier, however on the current dev build, cold start capability was added, as was new catapult logic.

Ooh very nice ! I'm patient i'll wait for the release then, still alot of weapons to test out :)

Spoiler

Modules: FC3, KA-50, MIG-21, F-18, F-14, UH-1H, Spitfire, F-5E, A-10c II, A-4E, SC, F-16, CA, M2000c, BF-109K-4, Mi-24P

Terrains:Nevada, Persian gulf, Normandy + Asset pack, Syria

PC setup:I7 8700k, 32g ram, m2 ssd, gtx 1080ti, Warthog TM, MFG crosswind, Playseat Air Force, Reverb G2

Out understanding is that it will be fixed in next week's open beta update. There's nothing that can be done on our end before that time unfortunately.

So basicly ED will fix it on next wednesday beta right?

Thnaks so much Merker!

kurtz667, be sure you have the latest version, the Huffer Cart logic has been changed to allow carrier operation - you may need to grab the current alpha version from developer team.

DISCO

I don’t recommend using the alpha except for internal testers. It should only be used for testing as some changes that we make through the version may mess up key bindings, etc. Testers are expected to be willing to redo bindings, reinstall, etc. We are unable to provide support for alpha versions.

You can spawn on the Carrier at the catapult. Trouble is you can't land anywhere**. Attached Carrier and Air spawns may be helpful but all ground spawns fail. Drop it into Saved Games..... Missions\A-4E-C\

You can use the rest after it is fixed.

**EDIT: Actually you can land on the carrier - today! Earlier attempts blew up! Don't know what's changed.

**EDIT2 Damn. It's started bowing up again :(

F-4E-C Free Flight+Carrier.miz

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

no you can't, you have to either use "TakeOff from ramp" or "TakeOff from parking hot"

Actually it's 'Take of from Runway', it puts you on the catapult.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

There is a temporary solution. Set the MOD to AI in the ME. Then press Alt+L to take control in the mission.

you dont, just hold breaks, full throttle, and release breaks.

at least in the current version (1.02) this will change with the next update (release date not set)

How do you put the launch bar down in order to connect to the catapult?

The A-4 Skyhawks never had launch bars. They used a launch cable called the "bridle". Each end of the cable was looped and connected to hooks inside the main wheel bays. The middle of bridle was hooked by the catapult shuttle. At the end of the launch stroke, the cable was discarded and attempted to be caught in a net off the edge of the deck. The F-4 Phantom II and F-8 Crusader also used the bridle system...and all prior Navy carrier aircraft going back at least to WWII. The A-6 and A-7 were the first to use the Launch bar, I believe. Even the big A-3 Skywarrior and A-5 Vigilante used the bridle system.