NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

I assume assafm25 means the off-center cursor where you have to jump in another A-4 first and then select role again to the one you wanna fly so the cursor is where it should be?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

I assume assafm25 means the off-center cursor where you have to jump in another A-4 first and then select role again to the one you wanna fly so the cursor is where it should be?

U so right :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Cockpit lights was a work in progress for 1.02 but should still be functional. I think the console knob controlled most of the lights. The toggle switch next to it is bugged but should still be able to turn on the lights.

The light were revamped and is totally functional for the next release.

Arr, ok noted. Thanks the team for the hard works anyway.

One more question, Can I added custom snapview to the A4? I don't see its section in SnapViews.lua . So I assume i have to added it myself?

I don’t have VR so I didn’t know of that problem. I’ll need to see if any of the other coders have VR. Would someone with VR describe that in the issue tracker? https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues

Posting on the issue tracker is best as the devs would be able to ask further questions if needed. And the ability to post screenshots.

For me it’s rather hard to remember to work on stuff that isn’t already on the issue tracker. So posting any issues you have there is the best.

Arr, ok noted. Thanks the team for the hard works anyway.

One more question, Can I added custom snapview to the A4? I don't see its section in SnapViews.lua . So I assume i have to added it myself?

Oh. Didn’t notice it myself. I’m sure someone on the team can add it for the next release. Since I’m not very familiar with snap views, would you be able to describe what you’re looking for in the issue tracker? Any specific views?

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues

That's interesting. If that happens again do you mind sending your log file? I know some people who fly multiplayer with the A-4 but have never reported such an issue. So your log file will be important to take a look at what happened.

here is the log -

the planes now load BUT DCS will crash if I start on the carrier. if I land on the carrier I explode as soon as wheels touch and I cannot rearm at any Allied base.

dcs.log-20190204-000348.zip

dcs.log-20190204-005502.zip

Oh. Didn’t notice it myself. I’m sure someone on the team can add it for the next release. Since I’m not very familiar with snap views, would you be able to describe what you’re looking for in the issue tracker? Any specific views?

https://github.com/Merker6/community-a4e-c/issues

:thumbup: It's not really an issue actually, i would say that's some personal need. :megalol:

Because the default snap views don't have 90degree left/right and rear left/right. I just want to make some so i can map them to my hat switch :book:

here is the log -

the planes now load BUT DCS will crash if I start on the carrier. if I land on the carrier I explode as soon as wheels touch and I cannot rearm at any Allied base.

you CANT start from rundway/catapult on a carrier (cannot be fixed)

as for exploding on Touchdown....can you take off and land from landbases?

rearming needs to have the canopy open(and maybe the engines off)

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

you CANT start from rundway/catapult on a carrier (cannot be fixed)

as for exploding on Touchdown....can you take off and land from landbases?

rearming needs to have the canopy open(and maybe the engines off)

thank you for the reply

yes takeoff and landing on airbase no issue - when I contact the Stenis they will not respond inbound.

I will try the canopy trick - I shut engines down

I will also move planes to parking to see if that fixes the issues

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!

Great plane !!!!!

:thumbup: It's not really an issue actually, i would say that's some personal need. :megalol:

Because the default snap views don't have 90degree left/right and rear left/right. I just want to make some so i can map them to my hat switch :book:

Well. If it is a standard feature in other modules then we should try and include it. I’ll take a look at what standard views are in the other modules and I’ll see how to include them.

Thank you for the suggestions

Engine shutdown and open canopy worked for rearm

Parking on carrier instead of cat worked

Still cannot talk to tower for takeoff or for carrier landing

Still explode as soon as wheels touch carrier deck - no issues on land bases

in ATC window i get the following [N/A] CVN-74 .....

Still cannot talk to tower for takeoff or for carrier landing

Still explode as soon as wheels touch carrier deck - no issues on land bases

just be a little rebellious and take off without clearance :)

no seriously MODs cannot use radios, so you cant talk to ATC

as for the explosion...no idea at this point

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Can u fly it on the popular servers like buddyspike?

as with every plane in DCS, you can only fly the ones that the mission designer puts into the mission

Well. If it is a standard feature in other modules then we should try and include it. I’ll take a look at what standard views are in the other modules and I’ll see how to include them.

Snapviews are already available with this mod as part of the views.lua and can already be assigned to your POV switch. View Left, View Right etc etc in the control options. Cheers

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Snapviews are already available with this mod as part of the views.lua and can already be assigned to your POV switch. View Left, View Right etc etc in the control options. Cheers

:thumbup: Got it!! Worked it out and tuned it to my liking. :cheer3nc:

Next dumb question (pls bare this stupid A4 noob), I cannot find key mapping for pad lock, am I missed something?

:thumbup: Got it!! Worked it out and tuned it to my liking. :cheer3nc:

Next dumb question (pls bare this stupid A4 noob), I cannot find key mapping for pad lock, am I missed something?

I know there are some keys that are missing key binds. One of the to dos is to do a pass on key binds.

To everyone, it would be great if you could feedback on missing keybinds. I’ve already added axis binds for some of the knobs. This would help a lot to make the next release even better for everyone.

Here’s a question for everyone. What would you like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E with the exception of the following systems:

- Radios / ATC

- Mid-air refuelling

- TV/Laser guided weapons

Edit: These three systems cannot happen without SDK access.

Edited by heclak

Here’s a question for everyone. What would you like to see worked on/finished/added to the A-4E with the exception of the following systems:

- Radios / ATC

- Mid-air refuelling

- TV/Laser guided weapons

For me, I'll like this order:

1. Radios / ATC

2. TV/Laser guided weapons

3. Mid-air refuelling

Then noob question again:

I'm messing with the AWRS and a bit lost: I can get the bomb released. I'll try to get it short and clear. I want to drop eg. 4 bombs in 250ms interval when I press pickle once. What should I select on the AWE-1?

I'm asking because, I can either keep pressing the pickle and it start dropping the bombs with interval select till all bombs are gone or just 1 bomb released when i tap pickle once. It seems ignoring the QTY selected. :joystick: