NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

Oldpop, the TACAN is currently operating like an NDB with DME, the BDHI points to the station but no radial\course select, yet, and yes, terrestrial TACAN only so far, no A\A and no Boat. No ICLS either as far as I have found.

The INS works pretty well though as a pure INS or as an INS following Mission Editor waypoints if you define them.

It's a remarkably functional jet as-is, but sure hope these are not permanent issues due to the Scooter being a Mod (no SDK), still Merker and the team have done a phenomenal job - I flew a CASE II recovery last night in formation with a couple Hornets and will try a CASE III soon, even with the limited Nav gear.

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

To the entire A-4E-C Mod Team, I want to extend my most sincere thanks to this amazing aircraft you have added to DCS.

I have been trying to get my brother and a few other people I know into DCS and just could not get them past the clunky SU-25T experience since it was the only "modern" free aircraft. The A-4 is simple and easy to start, fly, and shoot despite the concessions made by not having full access to the LUAs, etc. ED now has at least 3 more customers on their ledgers because of this mod!

Since my grandfather also worked on A-4s (and I still have his maintenance note books!) it also carries a great deal of sentimental significance to me and my brother.

Thank you so much and continue your good work!

P.S.

Any chance you guys/gals could take a whack at the F-5's RADAR? Your RADAR on the A-4 looks and operates SOOOO much better than the display on the F-5 which is amazing for a community made mod - you guys rock!

Version 1.02 Update – A-4E-C Community Announcement

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all of your support and praise over the month; it’s been a surreal experience. So far, we have surpassed 16,000 downloads. It’s truly incredible how much attention we’ve received in the past month. My jaw dropped when I saw MagzTV and DevilDogGamer cover our mod, and their very positive comments and constructive criticism were wonderful. Please check out their videos below. This month we have a big announcement and several updates, so let’s dive in!

Introducing the A-4E Modding Community

In the past month, we’ve seen an explosion in submods for the A-4, as well as new liveries and tutorial videos. To bring together this community and foster submod development that might eventually become part of the core mod, we’ve opened a new discord to bring modders together and further develop the “Community” A-4E-C. In addition to submod development, we’ll also be using this group to test update betas and work on solutions to bugs.

We feel that this community has incredible potential to make this truly a “community” mod, and the amount of effort already devoted to development on the part of many individuals has shown just a glimpse of the future. Already, we’ve incorporated Heclak’s weapons mod and are working to incorporate Nero’s RWR mod in a future update. These are prime examples of the community brining their; enthusiasm and experience to the mix for the betterment of us all. Whether you’re an aspiring 3d artist or an accomplished modder, we hope that we’ll see you join us and begin the next exciting stage of development!

You can join the Discord Server HERE: https://discord.gg/VEmJWVP

New Release Version 1.02

NOTICE: You MUST delete the previous version of the mod before installing this one for the interim IC check fix to apply.

Download HERE: https://goo.gl/DXz7XF

Changelog:

- Gunsight Power On Effect

- Brake power adjusted to prevent "Runaway Plane" on Tarmac and Runway

- Implemented Heclak's weapon fixes (Thank you Heclak!)

- Removal of ECM Panel (Unused for Now)

- Removal of files tripping integrity check

- Adjusted damage values

This update incorporates a number of changes and bugfixes recommended and request by the community. While the IC check issue is much bigger than the fix provided, this change is intended to eliminate one of the bigger triggers for it. We hope to find a more concrete solution in the near future.

Updated Bug Tracker

With the new release version, we’ve rolled out a new, more comprehensive bug reporting survey. You’ll now be required to specify your release version and DCS version to help us better identify bug solutions. I’ve replaced the old link with a new one on the original post, but you can access here too: https://goo.gl/forms/8Pe2Cw9Ax5VEyqe53

Videos & Oriskany Update

While my original intention was to have the Air to Ground tutorial video out this month, a mixture of many things has unfortunately put that on pause for now. I hope to make it a comprehensive, accurate explanation of the weapon systems and tactics related to them. Because of this, the effort required to put it together is much, much greater than prior videos which themselves took many hours to produce. December has been a very busy and difficult month for my professional due to the holidays and other things happening in Washington, so that’s been a factor as well. I’m not sure if there is an ETA, but I would guess sometime in late January or Early February.

Speaking of missed personal deadlines, the Oriskany is sharing a similar delay. I’ll be sure to keep everyone updated on that progress, as well as stream when I have the chance. Modelling is now much more a matter of finding reference materials showing what’s remaining, as all primary hull modelling is complete.

First Official Submod – Aerobatics Mod

As mentioned earlier this month, we’ve introduced the first official submod for the A-4E-C; a stripped down cockpit for Aerobatic teams. This mod is applied AFTER the base mod has been installed and replaces the base cockpit with one which has the HUD, ECM, CM and warning lights removed. Feedback from Aerobatic teams will likely result in further changes, so please shoot us me DM if you have suggestions! You can download it HERE: https://goo.gl/HDsSFi

Update Roadmap

Going forward, there are definitely a host of bugs and changes we’d like to make and will be working towards solving. Several things not included in this update which we hope to include:

- Integration of Nero’s RWR Mod, including in-cockpit effects

- Bugfixes for various issues, include animation glitches on the outboard pylons and for the AIM-9P connector.

- Permanent fixes for the IC check issues.

Outside of integrating unofficial submods into the core mod, we have no further planned development of aircraft systems. Going forward, we'll be providing bugfixes and continued support for the mod through updates. Again, thank you everyone for your support the past three years, it's been an incredible experience and we look forward to seeing what the future holds in the expanded A-4E-C Community!

Edited by Merker

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

How do you change the personal picture in the cockpit? Thanks

AMD A10-7870K Radeon R7, 12 Core Processor 3.90 GHz.

16 GB of Ram

2 MSI Armor Radeon RX580 8GB Graphics Cards

LG Blue Ray

Samsung 1TB SSD

Western Digital 1TB HD

2TB Western Digital SSD

Corsair Full Tower

Liquid Cooling

Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit

27 Samsung LED curved Monitor

How do you change the personal picture in the cockpit? Thanks

Replace the file "lookatthisphotograph.png" in this folder "C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C\Cockpit\Textures".

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Many thanks for the release of version 1.02. It's a really nice Christmas gift. :thumbup:

Just tried it out. The cockpit without the ECM panel is great - at least for as long as ECM isn't implemented.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thank you team, for the early Xmas gift!!! :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Hello everyone! Thank you so much for all of your support and praise over the month; it’s been a surreal experience. So far, we have surpassed 16,000 downloads. It’s truly incredible how much attention we’ve received in the past month. My jaw dropped when I saw MagzTV and DevilDogGamer cover our mod, and their very positive comments and constructive criticism were wonderful. Please check out their videos below. This month we have a big announcement and several updates, so let’s dive in! ...

Hello Merker, I think it would be quite reasonable to add a changelog and updated download-links to your first post. It's not so easy for those who don't read all the posts of this thread, to find the latest version information and links. Just a suggestion... :)

Hello Merker, I think it would be quite reasonable to add a changelog and updated download-links to your first post. It's not so easy for those who don't read all the posts of this thread, to find the latest version information and links. Just a suggestion... :)

Done!

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

Many thanks fir this new version and bug fix.

Just small question:

This version include the RWR and Waepon mod realse by ather members?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Dear Merker and team, thank you very much for this new update and especially for fixing the integrity check problem.

The Israeli community has officially adopted this mod :)

Thank you again for the all the hard work you put into this brilliant little airplane!

Salute!

Edited by ViFF
corrected spelling mistake

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

search for info on this, but found none! 1.02 updated, 6 MK 82SE on centerline, first bomb release OK, second explodes A/c???
I have had this before as well, I assumed it was inadequate delay on the AWRS, try a longer delay between release pulses?

DISCO, CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, vCSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

I am having an issue where the scooter seems to be impervious to AIM9s fired from Harriers, even though in the same mission other aircraft can be destroyed by Harrier equipped AIM9. I thought I saw that someone had mentioned this before in the past 60 pages? Can post mission if needed....

Los

I am having an issue where the scooter seems to be impervious to AIM9s fired from Harriers, even though in the same mission other aircraft can be destroyed by Harrier equipped AIM9. I thought I saw that someone had mentioned this before in the past 60 pages? Can post mission if needed....

Los

Which version of this aircraft?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great mod, outstanding VR implementation; cockpit textures look great in VR and I really like that the start sequence doesn't require going to the keyboard. Slider control for wheel brakes (for use with pedals) is on my wish list.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

The A-4E-C is still impervious to all missiles that I've run into so far.

Strangely, I've never seen this behavior while testing the A-4 besides with SAMs. The Latest update reduced the A-4's hitpoints to match that of the F-5. I'm really not certain what could be going on, although I have seen a number of instances where the missile had a near miss that likely should have been registered as a kill due to proximity. I'll be looking into it going forward, but wanted to give a brief update on this issue since its the second highest priority bug, behind the IC issues.

Former A-4E-C 3D Artist

Logo Credit to Plusnine

I barely knew this aircraft, nor did I care much for it.

Now after seeing this mod, and doing some research on the aircraft I have to say it has stolen my heart! What a great little aircraft!!!

A very big thanks to the team behind it!

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index