NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

As much as I know, the community mod has no permission from McDonnell Douglas Corporation (now Boeing) to produce a full module.:music_whistling:

Source? Because, why would they forbid it for an aircraft that had it's first flight 1954 (!!!) and isn't even in service anymore (A-4E)?

All it (mod) does/would do (module) is make good advertisement for Boeing on what a good ground attack (+A2A/dogfight) aircraft it was/still is (with upgraded version)... That could only profit the Boeing stocks. What reason could Boeing possibly have to not want it? After all we have the Boeing F/A-18C... (which still is in service in countries)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

... What reason could Boeing possibly have to not want it? ...

Maybe a considerable amount of money in order to get their permission? I am sure ED has a permission for the F/A-18C from Boeing and I'm quite sure it will not be for free either.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Great work and thanks for keeping us updated.

Any release date for the 1.0.3 version ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Maybe a considerable amount of money in order to get their permission? I am sure ED has a permission for the F/A-18C from Boeing and I'm quite sure it will not be for free either.

Why, do you think ED pays Boeing for the F/A-18? :huh: (After all, Boeing even helps by giving ED information about F/A-18C afaik)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Before Christmas (hopefully) :)

Cant wait !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

Thanks for the update Merker and team.

Any chance on dampening the pitch buck and smoothing out the Scooter's ability to hold a trim speed, seems very finicky - if this is an SFM limitation I would understand.

Scooter seem's very difficult, for me, to set and hold a trim speed, especially if trying to fly the AOA indexer around the boat - could just be my scan or my control/throttle inputs are too slow but she is a handful trying to flying smoothly in the slow speed regime.

First flight at night last night and awesome job on the lighting, truly gorgeous and extremely adjustable, great work.

I am leaving my Hornet squadron to CO a stand-up Scooter Squadron in the CSG-1 org, that is how great a job you guys have done - I am sure Heinemann would approve of your tribute to the Hotrod.

DISCO - CO vVMA-131 Diamondbacks, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

What's the/a "Scooter" ?

What's the/a "Scooter" ?

One of many nicknames the A-4 had.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Hey all, a quick update on how we're doing.

After a short break, we're back to working on bugfixes and implementing a few of the changes you've seen in submods. Changes coming in v1.02 include but are not limited to the following:

New Addition

- Gunsight Power On Fade

- Additional Pylon Loadout Options

- Rocket Connector fix for AIM-9P

- Simple RWR (Tentative yes for v1.02)

Bugfix

- Brake Power Adjusted to Prevent "Runaway Plane" on Tarmac and Runway

- Removed Debug Messages during certain actions

- Other fixes TBD

Additionally, I recently created a submod for those in the aerobatic community. This submod replaces the current cockpit with a new, high-visibility cockpit which omits the ECM panel, countermeasures panel, gunsight and warning lamps. You can pick it up at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xVlo6lkQd8YpjumbZV0LfhEcL2ZVK31Q

but this version is not yet online is it?

amazing job on the a-4, its sad tht I do not have the time to fly her at the moment.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

Hey all, a quick update on how we're doing.

After a short break, we're back to working on bugfixes and implementing a few of the changes you've seen in submods. Changes coming in v1.02 include but are not limited to the following:

New Addition

- Gunsight Power On Fade

- Additional Pylon Loadout Options

- Rocket Connector fix for AIM-9P

- Simple RWR (Tentative yes for v1.02)

Bugfix

- Brake Power Adjusted to Prevent "Runaway Plane" on Tarmac and Runway

- Removed Debug Messages during certain actions

- Other fixes TBD

Additionally, I recently created a submod for those in the aerobatic community. This submod replaces the current cockpit with a new, high-visibility cockpit which omits the ECM panel, countermeasures panel, gunsight and warning lamps. You can pick it up at the link below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1xVlo6lkQd8YpjumbZV0LfhEcL2ZVK31Q

Can´t praise you guys enough! Awesome Mod! the only plane I fly lately!

Thank you so much for you excellent work!

After 3 weeks of flying with the A-4E, I have to say it's just fun. All the integrated systems and weapons are impressive and are better in terms of scope and functionality than in some full module (by that I mean in particular the RADAR, INS, TACAN and AFCS). It's a pity that due to not having access to the SDK, there is no functioning radio - but that's just the way it is.

Of course, not everything is perfect so far, but I'm sure the team behind the mod will soon be in control of the remaining issues.

For those of you who have the same problem as me, that they hardly hit anything with the gun - strap two Mk-4 HIPEG under your wings. Then it's hell from above. Almost as good as the A-10. :D

Thanks again to the team! You have done a really impressive job. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I'm having a lot of fun with the Community A-4E-C Mod.

And a little wish in the end: Make it a full module. I would buy it as a "pre-purchase" or "early access" already. Wouldn't even have to think twice. :smilewink:

HlC88kc.png

Q: How do I install?

A: Download the A-4E-C Folder, unzip, and place the Please note, the file structure on the download has changed. To assist everyone in installation, and better support JSGME, we’ve include mods/aircraft/ to the mod folder. Take the “mods” folder and drop it directly into C:\Users\USERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha*

*Note: The folder name after “Saved Games” does not matter, as long as it is the DCS folder. If you have multiple, place it into the folder with the name of the DCS version you use.

Please note that you CANNOT place this into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Programs\ filepath or it will not be usable in DCS due to file integrity checks.

Air to Ground Weapons

Coming Soon!

The install directions are unclear where is the install placed ? also there are multiple files on the google drive which one should I use thanks

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

The install directions are unclear where is the install placed ? also there are multiple files on the google drive which one should I use thanks

Download the file "A-4E-C v1011 (HotfixPreApplied).zip" and unzip it to the folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta". That will extract the mod into the folder "C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\Aircraft\A-4E-C" automatically.

If you don't have an openbeta but the stable version, you can extract it to the DCS folder instead of DSC.openbeta.

Edited by norbot

Is there another link besides google drive. I would love to fly the A4.

What's stopping you from using Google Drive? Anyone can use it and you don't have to register first or have an account. Just klick on the link an you can download the file. I really don't understand what the problem is. :huh:

Edited by norbot

And a little wish in the end: Make it a full module. I would buy it as a "pre-purchase" or "early access" already. Wouldn't even have to think twice. :smilewink:

Ditto, I would buy two! ED if you are watching I believe the fees for the license from McD is worth it!

Hell I would buy a B/C, an E and M/F as three full priced modules if necessary!

P.D. ED you need to start making 70´s planes and not get stuck 2 to 3 years with over complicated bug full modules like the Hornet...

Question for Merker and the Dev Team, is hot re-arm a coding limitation or trying to be realistic?

I ask because for Naval Operations we can land on the Boat, set brakes, open the canopy and get a hot refuel but chief says 'cannot comply' for re-arm.

If we are unable to start on the boat (huffer appears then disappears presumably because it geographically static, not tied to boat or Scooter) then it would be nice to be able to re-arm without having to shutdown.

I am excited that these are the kinds of questions/requests I feel are needed, just trying to fit in better with our Harrier and Hornet and soon to be Tomcat brethren around the Boat.

Thanks

DISCO | CO VMA-131 Diamondback, CSG-1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot