NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod

HHmmm.....

So I deleted the original A-4E mod, downloaded and installed V1.01 with the canopy hotfix applied. Now I am getting large white blotches on the canopy as shown in attached images. I have tried deactivating the reactivating the mod in module manager, cleanup and repair of DCS, shadow settings flat, low, medium and high, lense effects with dirt, dirt + flare and off, with no effect.

Strange, as I have watched some YT videos (eg PhilStyle) and his canopy looks perfect with scratches and all showing up. I don't remember seeing scratches at any time so far on my install. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Running latest OB, latest NVidia drivers.

I'll report on the supplied bug reporting site.

Cheers!

I can confirm I see the same effect when I apply the V1.01 as well. Some large white blotches on the canopy. So for now, I've backed out the V1.01. (I created it as a JSGME mod, so no issue with toggling it in/out).

Love flying this little bird!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thanks for doing this great work and releasing it to us for free

I understand that you cannot accept donations, but are there any charities that the A4 dev team support,

we might not be able to give you guys money but we could donate to a worthy charity maybe ?

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Si flew her today for the first time, logged about .3 hours making take offs and landings on an airfield. Had a BLAST!!

Thank you so much guys, I wish Gos was around to see it mature from pics that made us salivate to coming "to the table".

Scoot til you toot everybody!!

~Rob

HHmmm.....

So I deleted the original A-4E mod, downloaded and installed V1.01 with the canopy hotfix applied. Now I am getting large white blotches on the canopy as shown in attached images. I have tried deactivating the reactivating the mod in module manager, cleanup and repair of DCS, shadow settings flat, low, medium and high, lense effects with dirt, dirt + flare and off, with no effect.

Strange, as I have watched some YT videos (eg PhilStyle) and his canopy looks perfect with scratches and all showing up. I don't remember seeing scratches at any time so far on my install. Is there a setting I'm missing?

Running latest OB, latest NVidia drivers.

I'll report on the supplied bug reporting site.

Cheers!

Try to download it again, the version called "A-4E-C v1011 (HotfixPreApplied).zip" and then apply the hotfix on that one, that's how i did it and works great.

Try to download it again, the version called "A-4E-C v1011 (HotfixPreApplied).zip" and then apply the hotfix on that one, that's how i did it and works great.
Thanks Brian, will give it a go shortly.

Another question, has anyone figured out how to jettison empty fuel tanks? I've only found you can do this with the "Emerg Bomb" handle which jettisons all hard-points, so must be done once you have expended the payload.

Cheers!

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Another question, has anyone figured out how to jettison empty fuel tanks? I've only found you can do this with the "Emerg Bomb" handle which jettisons all hard-points, so must be done once you have expended the payload.

Cheers!

No need to download the hot fix, if you have already downloaded V1011, which includes the hot fix.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

Awesome guys well done, wish I had the talent to do this...

BASE SETUP:

CPU: i7 5820K 3.3Ghz

MOB: ASUS

RAM: 64GB (4x16GB) PC4-25600 (3200MHz) DDR4

GPU: 3 x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Drivers: Nvidia

Thrustmaster Hotas

:joystick:

Cheers!

No worries at all. What I do is the emergency selector, i think it's called, that by default is set to all pylons, I put it to the pylon number i want to jettison and then i press the key that you have to set it i think in controls it's called jettison stores realistic or something like that, or you can use the emerg bomb handle.

1.thumb.png.1cee66e3d86ba15670d29f8912bce045.png

I'm really enjoying the A-4, I cant stop flying it. :)

I assume the external lights haven't been implemented yet as I cant get them to work?

Is there a way to stop the constant looping canopy or flaps sound or at least an edit I can make to remove it all together?

For the external lights you have to set them on the right lower panel and then move the switch on the left hand side of the throttle it's something similar to the A-10c. If you don't have the hotas warthog i'm sure there's a key bind for that in controls.

For the external lights you have to set them on the right lower panel and then move the switch on the left hand side of the throttle it's something similar to the A-10c. If you don't have the hotas warthog i'm sure there's a key bind for that in controls.

Found it, thanks :thumbup:

Great Mod, thank you.

My question is I play a lot of the MP servers, while I don't use the A4 on the servers, I am getting a intergraty fail for any server I am on (using DCS aircraft) then getting kicked.

Is there anyway around this? so I don't have to delete the mod (which I don't want to do)

Thanks...

I have the same issue, would like to know how to make it work.