"End Mission" Button

speed-of-heat

debrief.logdcs.logAlso in 2.7 beta and had the same error. Also noticed that the debrief didn't even have my plane in it. Usually it shows me as 'Player' or something but I was nowhere to be found, as if I was never in the flight. Checked my debrief log and I see "Invalid pilotid" midway through, in case that's related.

Same issue for me finishing A-10 Enemy Within 3.0,  Mission 6

I may have seen this once before a year ago.

On the debrief screen I did click a couple of filters to see if my aircraft had taken a hit. The display did hang at one point, but otherwise the debrief screen and buttons appeared interactive except clicking End Mission had no effect.

DCS 2.7.0.4625

logbook.lua debrief_bug_no_end_mission.log

Edited by DimSim
Add details

I also got his bug in the campaign "Eastern Frienship Hornet Edition" at the end of mission 2 ( https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3301137/ ) with 2.7.

2021-04-21 22:00:17.615 INFO    LUA-TERRAIN: Init done
2021-04-21 22:00:20.763 ALERT   LUACOMMON: Error: GUI Error: [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1118: attempt to index local 'unitTarget' (a nil value)
GUI debug.traceback: stack traceback:
    [C]: ?
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_logbook.lua"]:1118: in function 'updateUserStatistics'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:359: in function 'updateStatistic'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:364: in function 'endMission'
    [string "./MissionEditor/modules/me_debriefing.lua"]:349: in function 'onChange'
    [string "./dxgui/bind/Button.lua"]:22: in function 'callback'
    [string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:368: in function <[string "./dxgui/bind/Widget.lua"]:363>
2021-04-21 22:05:49.058 WARNING LOG: 38 duplicate message(s) skipped.

Here is my full log file.

dcs.log

Windows 10 Pro x64 | Crucial 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3600MHz Ballistix | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | CPU Intel Core i5-9700K | VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG | Saitek X52 PRO (throttle) | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

Same here ... reflew my last campaign mission hoping it was fixed with the new 2.7 ...... but nothing. Same issue. I guess all flights are on .... ice untill further updates. I must say though this is a serious issue and wondering why its still not fixed and added to this new update. It makes the new update kinda obsolete when we cant even enjoy a succesfull flown mission ! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I haven't re-played my endless mission. Instead I edited my log file to skip it. I also haven't flown another mission since.

Does this bug affect ALL subsequent missions, or just some, so playing the same mission is likely to fail the same way?

For me it was just the one, and I could end the mission with the ESC key.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

3 hours ago, DimSim said:

Does this bug affect ALL subsequent missions, or just some, so playing the same mission is likely to fail the same way?

I believe it's a question of whether you have killed a unit (or a structure ?) that doesn't have an id, for some reason. So it may or may not happen during a mission and it may happen for potentially any mission, although I assume air-to-air would be fairly immune compared to air-to-ground.

For me the earlier posted logbook file by Buzzline worked for me. I could finally end the mission.

I hope it will it will for the rest of you too

Greatfull for the solution ,

Thanks alot Buzzline !  

Well done !

This consistently happens to me when I destroy a map static object/structure.  The latest was when I had to bomb a warehouse in Operation Pontus.

I'll try Buzzline's lua.  Hopefully that fixes it.

logbook.lua

EDIT: Just some missions which included destroying map objects.  Buzzline's lua fixed the issue.  

Edited by Eagle_01

Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

I encountered this bug in multiple campaigns ( Operation Pontus, Rising Squall). Please fix this. 

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

@BuzzLine Thanks for the heads up. Will try it. My concern is me forgetting to remove it once it's fixed and introducing new problems :-). Hope the team has it on the radar.

:Ryzen 5800X | RTX3090 | 32Gb RAM | Nvme SSD Gen.4 | Reverb G2 | Virpil WarBrd Base | Constellation Alpha Grip / Virpil CM3 Throttle

Install it with a mod manager... Then it's easy to back out

• Thanks 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

49 minutes ago, fylzz said:

@BuzzLine Thanks for the heads up. Will try it. My concern is me forgetting to remove it once it's fixed and introducing new problems :-). Hope the team has it on the radar.

Gosh, I hope they have it on radar as it's flying high, straight and level, squawking 7700, and with all lights flashing. -sigh- 

Note that if you repair your install it should get rid of any user-generated modification, you don't even need a mod manager to revert to a pristine state. 

I encountered this end mission bug on multiple campaigns. I am frustrated as hell. I tried same mission multiple times but stuck on end mission button. I will try @BuzzLine fix.  

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

On 4/30/2021 at 2:07 PM, BuzzLine said:

Gosh, I hope they have it on radar as it's flying high, straight and level, squawking 7700, and with all lights flashing. -sigh- 

Note that if you repair your install it should get rid of any user-generated modification, you don't even need a mod manager to revert to a pristine state. 

I didn't see a change in the bugged file after update 2.7.0.5659 today so ... I guess they didn't pick it up. 😞    
No mention of the bug in the changelog either, so *maybe* they fixed it in a different way and just forgot to mention it, but I doubt it. -sigh-

Still, the good news is I believe my fix should remain relevant so there's that.

Cheers,

Buzz

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BuzzLine said:

I didn't see a change in the bugged file after update 2.7.0.5659 today so ... I guess they didn't pick it up. 😞    
No mention of the bug in the changelog either, so *maybe* they fixed it in a different way and just forgot to mention it, but I doubt it. -sigh-

Still, the good news is I believe my fix should remain relevant so there's that.

Cheers,

Buzz

Amen to your SARS ! 💯