Bring this kind of action to the PC!! please please!

Did i spot a Hog in there ?

its only shown for a second but this thing - holly crap - looks sounds just mad.

:pilotfly:

NotiA10

CoolerMaster HAF RC-932 - Intel Core i7 950 - Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro - Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R - Kingston DDR3 6GB - Gigabyte Radeon HD 5870 EF 6 Edition - Western Digital 640GB SATA-III - CoolerMaster 700W - TrackIR Pro 4 - Saitek X52 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - Hotas Warthog

Only without the arcade flight models

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=73036 :cry::joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

I am not impressed.

Bad polygon usage:

bad_poly.jpg

WALMIS F15 MODEL is superior compared to this! ;)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

I think simulations don't tend to have drama in them. I mean characters full of emotions etc etc. They will have a bit of those when they will have good AI and good simulated (not scripted) radio chatter.

Drama takes away the details... the simulations are in the details isn't it? Emotions blur things hence the awesome looking of that game until you analize the... details.

:D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I think simulations don't tend to have drama in them. I mean characters full of emotions etc etc. They will have a bit of those when they will have good AI and good simulated (not scripted) radio chatter.

Drama takes away the details... the simulations are in the details isn't it? Emotions blur things hence the awesome looking of that game until you analize the... details.

:D

What I don't get is why no one has mixed both. Real life has drama and emotion - not as if airforce pilots don't cry (even if they don't admit it :P) and obviously real life is realistic so why not in games?

ED should hold a competition for one of us to write a novel for their next project (something along the lines of Robert Ludlum style would be great) then the community can make some FMV's seeing as we have plenty of people here who can make decent movies (unless pre rendering is prefered) then ED add it in to the game with a dynamic campaign (I hope!) and sit back and watch the money role in.

Something along those lines anyway. :D

Only without the arcade flight models

http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=73036 :cry::joystick::pilotfly::thumbup:

LMAO it may look good like a shiny mud guard but there is nothing underneath.:music_whistling: I hired one of the Acecombat games the other day for the PS2 its funny the comments you hear on it like fox 2 against tanks, a 100 missile load out and no real credibility as far as realism is concerned. Its a real shame that those guys don't at least make more realistic loadouts and remove the unrealistic radio chatter. I bet if they tried making it more like Topgun Fire at will then at least you would have good graphics, a solid story and alot more authenticity. Perhaps future dx10 sims will have as good graphics as that or better.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

LMAO it may look good like a shiny mud guard but there is nothing underneath.:music_whistling: I hired one of the Acecombat games the other day for the PS2 its funny the comments you hear on it like fox 2 against tanks, a 100 missile load out and no real credibility as far as realism is concerned. Its a real shame that those guys don't at least make more realistic loadouts and remove the unrealistic radio chatter. I bet if they tried making it more like Topgun Fire at will then at least you would have good graphics, a solid story and alot more authenticity. Perhaps future dx10 sims will have as good graphics as that or better.

Did you not enjoy shooting submarines with sidewinders? Flying formation with a space rocket? or even flying inside the Monolith at the end?

Classic moments for me :D

What I don't get is why no one has mixed both. Real life has drama and emotion - not as if airforce pilots don't cry (even if they don't admit it :P) and obviously real life is realistic so why not in games?

ED should hold a competition for one of us to write a novel for their next project (something along the lines of Robert Ludlum style would be great) then the community can make some FMV's seeing as we have plenty of people here who can make decent movies (unless pre rendering is prefered) then ED add it in to the game with a dynamic campaign (I hope!) and sit back and watch the money role in.

Something along those lines anyway. :D

Yes a sim has been made in the past which mixed both and that was Topgun Fire at will. The major difference that Topgun has over all of the Acecombat series is that the aircraft carried realistic loadouts and there was real actors. In flight the RIO was a good bonus for imersion he was often talking and the chatter was more human than other sims such as Janes F-15E or Falcon where the WSO only behaved like a typical AI wingman although the big advantage JF-15Es WSO had over Topguns was at least he did the fence check list at the IP. Compare either Topgun or JF-15E to Acecombat, in Acecombat it sounds as though the person who wrote the in flight comments is a school kid who has watched not enough jet combat movies or has no idea how it should be done. To be honest really cheesy, worse than a B grade movie without a topless women.:lol: at least that is my impression of the version of Acecombat that I tried out the other day.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Yes a sim has been made in the past which mixed both and that was Topgun Fire at will. The major difference that Topgun has over all of the Acecombat series is that the aircraft carried realistic loadouts and there was real actors. In flight the RIO was a good bonus for imersion he was often talking and the chatter was more human than other sims such as Janes F-15E or Falcon where the WSO only behaved like a typical AI wingman although the big advantage JF-15Es WSO had over Topguns was at least he did the fence check list at the IP. Compare either Topgun or JF-15E to Acecombat, in Acecombat it sounds as though the person who wrote the in flight comments is a school kid who has watched not enough jet combat movies or has no idea how it should be done. To be honest really cheesy, worse than a B grade movie without a topless women.:lol: at least that is my impression of the version of Acecombat that I tried out the other day.

I love those comments 'The people of Farbanti celebrate in honour of their saviour Mobius 1 (that's you)!' Such a joyous moment :P

Seriously though, I had topgun fire at will and I loved it except for Two things. The fact I couldn't save the game for some reason (it was my first ever video game so I wasn't sure what saving was!) So I only got as far as the first few Korea missions. Secondly the scene where the MiG flies past you for the first time, I never got to see it! every time I remember the horrible disappointment of missing it.

What was with the TV screen in the cockpit? the one that showed you a live video of the bogey? That was weird. Radio chatter was nice, the bits I can remember. Oh and annoyingly I can't play the game on XP anymore, CD drives are too fast nowadays and you need an old serial port joystick. Shame cuase I still have it and often wonder about setting it up (as useless a try that is).

Yeah it does look great but it's just an fully arcade game... which I absolutely have no interest in... that's for kids :joystick:

Anyway... kind of reminds me of "Pearl Harbour" movie... lots of action... awsome special effects and good battle scenes but... it's so full of crap and it felt like nothing but some typical Hollywood love story... makes me wanna puke :lol:

Band of Brothers... LockOn... now that's different class :thumbup:

No longer active in DCS...