Please, more detailed ground textures

v2tec

When you fly a plane, fast and high, the ground texture is ok.

But when you fly the huey at low altitude, the ground texture (e.g. grass) is so rough and the trees are close and sharp, you are confused if something isn't in the right scale.

I already use the highest graphic and distance / view settings.

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

When you fly a plane, fast and high, the ground texture is ok.

But when you fly the huey at low altitude, the ground texture (e.g. grass) is so rough and the trees are close and sharp, you are confused if something isn't in the right scale.

I already use the highest graphic and distance / view settings.

the Ground textures have already been considerably been improved.

you should have seen how Caucasus map looked in the older Engine, before DCS 2.0 and even before it was Remade with higher textures.

The other Theaters are also made in the new engine so they look pretty good.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

From what I've understood is that trees are in fact slightly upscaled in size to have proper coverage while keeping tree count slightly lower. I can't confirm this but it has been discussed at length at least within my squadron's VR users. This may contribute to the perception that something is off.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

@mikemike

I've seen that brought up several times, but imo it is utter bollocks in the same vein of people that think thet can spot small aircraft 30 miles away @@

Treewise a greater issue is they're all more or less the same and relatively ugly compared to what was in many of the promos. Speedtrees is basically procedurally generated trees from templates. Adjusting their 'scale' a few percent would have little to no tangible affect on performance.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2