Improved Terrain deformation and Model destruction

Bad_Karma-701

My request Is that we get some model destruction improvement.

this is currently what it looks like

Grim Reapers Video used as an example... Nice video Chaps as always !!

26:04

1. Id like to see the terrain mold around placed objects versus objects disappear into them

bomb Craters actually an 3d object vs 2d.

2. maybe add it the ability to use ORBX like other flight sims have.

heres the example of ORBX

Thanks

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

Deformable terrain would require a pretty hefty engine overhaul. That's something that has to be designed in early on. Same for ORBX, it's *not* just a dll you drop in a directory and poof it works.

Edited by zhukov032186
Missed a word

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Deformable terrain would require a pretty hefty engine overhaul. That's something that has to be designed in early on. Same for ORBX, it's just a dll you drop in a directory and poof it works.

Well that sucks but hopefully down the road when/ if multi thread is added they can add this to the list..

Rift CV1: i-7 8700 RTX 2070 16GB 3200mhz win10. M.2 128gb GB Z390 Aurous Master. warthog stick on Gunfighter Base

For me it would be completely sufficient, if ED added better 2D-textures and a better crash-modelling for those bomb craters like I had described before in another thread:

I have tried it myself now after bombing an airstrip with Mk83 Snakeyes bombs, but even when I was rolling with 120 knots over one of the bomb craters my Hornet could still takeoff without big problems. So it is a little bit disappointing that bombing an airstrip in DCS just adds small bumps on it instead of making it totally unusable.

Yes, it would make for some interesting immersion in a dynamic campaign to see just how much something was hit before you showed up to do it yet again. Especially if you're doing a Vietnam style campaign.

7b394e9e5953903945d38c663fe6750e.jpg

Of course if we were doing Vietnam as a dynamic campaign we could invade Laos and hold the line at Savannakhet and win the war. If that would be an option... but i'm getting side tracked.

Afaik the terrain is just a mesh net with textures and collision maps. It only needs changing locally into a hole - I don't know if it's possible to do it dynamically in current gfx engine. If it is - even 100 bomb holes builded from 100 triangles should not be a performance problem since we have 100K+ polys rendered in a single aircraft. Real holes like that would not therefore be just a road bumps and it would be impossible to take off from destructed runway. One more problem I can see in shallow grounds - there's just water at sea level underneath the ground! :)

Anyway save it for far future because I want them focus on the flight aspects first.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria