The Big Show - Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign info

• 4 months later...
I see you have a thumbnail of the Biggin Hill layout. Are the runway directions historically accurate? I ask because I'm currently making airfields on the Normandy map as templates via the use of Suntsag's great mod, the Marstan Mat.

Hello 352ndDeacon

Are you saying that you're making an airfield Biggin Hill to appear in the Normandy map installation?

When I got the Normandy map I thought it was a disgrace that Biggin Hill was not on it! I wrote in to say so too.

I was toying with the idea of volunteering to create one (including the roller-coaster runway :surprise:

Rig A: (New in 2019) Custom-built: ASUS Maximus Code XI; Water-cooled i7-8700K; 32 GB RAM; 2xSSD=970 EVO 500GB; Graphics Card = EVGA RTX 2080 (FTW3 Ultra); Thrustmaster Warthog; Saitek Rudder; Tracking Headset.

Rig B: Surface Book (Intel Core i7-6600U CPU @ 2.60GHz; 16GB DDR3 RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GPU(1GB-RAM); 500GB SSD) Saitek 35x Joystick & Throttle

Rig C: Alienware M17X-R2 (Intel Core i7 Q820 CPU@1.73GHz; 8GB DDR3 RAM; Twin AMD HD5800 Radeon GPUs (1 GB RAM each); 500GB SSD + 500GB HD)

• 5 months later...

Just bought the campaign and on first mission after 20mn of flight trying to climb 25000ft I had engine cut off ...(I used auto start of so normally no soucy) why ???

Also does it exist kneeboards for each missions gathering info given in the briefing as well as check lists?

14 minutes ago, Swson said:

Just bought the campaign and on first mission after 20mn of flight trying to climb 25000ft I had engine cut off ...(I used auto start of so normally no soucy) why ???

Also does it exist kneeboards for each missions gathering info given in the briefing as well as check lists?

Was your fuel tank pressure switched on?

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

5 hours ago, Swson said:

switch on the fuel pump under the trim tab. 

yes, everything is on your kneeboard cards

• 2 years later...

Just finalized the 1st sortie of this great campaign. Initially I wanted to fly the new Mossie campaign first, but wanna try out the new Normandy Map in one of your campaigns, so why not this one directly after BewareBeware, perfect fit. And happy to be back in the spit cockpit.

Thanks for this amazing camaign. Happy to spend my time with it in the upcoming weeks 🙂

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 6 months later...

Hey @Reflected, I've read that you're updating the campaign to make better use of Normandy 2's updates. I've been wondering: how much work would it be to make or allow the player to play as wingman, instead of lead?

I'm perfectly aware that my question touches an ancient and painful weakness in DCS's mission design 😅 I'm curious about your take on the matter.

12 minutes ago, Picchio said:

Hey @Reflected, I've read that you're updating the campaign to make better use of Normandy 2's updates. I've been wondering: how much work would it be to make or allow the player to play as wingman, instead of lead?

I'm perfectly aware that my question touches an ancient and painful weakness in DCS's mission design 😅 I'm curious about your take on the matter.

It's perfectly possible, in many other campaigns I made the player flies as wingman. However, to do this in The Big Show, that's a redesign from scratch nearly so it's not gonna happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hi @Reflected I am a big fan of your work, so thank you. 

I just wondered whether there is any updated briefing documents for the big show channel map version? I like to pre-plan based off your briefings for fuel etc. but I’ve noticed that the knee board info is correct but the briefing docs are for the normandy map. 

I appreciate you have a lot on, but just wondered whether you could provide the course / heading and timings in some form so I can plan. 

Thank you again

Rutch

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 11:06 PM, Reflected said:

See 2 posts above. I hope Ugra will finish the map soon. 

So to confirm, you’re waiting for Urga to update the map and then you can update the Big show campaign? 

13 hours ago, Reflected said:

Yes, basically. 

👍 I’ve played your Beware Beware twice through already. The second time without any deaths (so far). Looking forward to flying the missions on the big show from Biggin - I’ve got so used to flying home to Biggin on the hill. Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...