OT- 1990s TV show about cutting edge flight sims :)

The year is 1990, 486 is the enthusiasts weapon of choice, CD-ROM is becoming main stream and the Computer Chronicals are taking a look at some of the latest flight-simulators.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8688029843119861402&q=computer+chronicles+duration%3Along

Watching shows like this, the speed at which technology is evolving never fails to amaze me.

PS, the same Google-video user also has an interesting BBC Horizon documentary about Chernobyl.

• Like 1

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Somewhere someone had a link to that in a downloadable format, and I pulled the highest quality version of it they had and burned it to a DVD, along with some Lock-On movies, to demonstrate to some friends the evolution of flight simulators. I thought it was pretty cool, but they mostly just thought I was a nerd after that :).

Thank you for the link! It's great to see things like this.

We tend to take things for granted but after watching this. I am sure people will start to appreciate what they have now. Cheers!

486 Computer for $4500.00!

[URL="http://www.s77th.com"][/URL]

That was great! I had forgotten all about Computer Chronicles. I had and played most of those games. And I was surprised when the Mission Start screen came up for several of them I had a little rush of the excitement I had back then. Kind of like a recovering crack addict seeing crack again for the first time in years. Ooooo I want some of that! Hah!

I've seen it on tv twice, nice documentary. BTW, do you guys still try to convince friends that flight simming (be it combat or MS FS) is more fun than other games? I stopped doing that 10 years ago :/ Flight simming is not a great conversation subject either, so I hardly tell anyone that I like simming.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Flight simming is not a great conversation subject either, so I hardly tell anyone that I like simming.

yea, all my friends know that i love flight sims and you're right, it's not something to discuss with people who are not into it.

luckily i enjoy racing sims as well and almost everyone likes to hear about those.

I didnt play much when i was younger as we couldnt afford a good computer. But i remember playing microsoft's flight sim on my old 286 lol. I used to try to fly across the country and would fall asleep haha.