32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is that the same model?

sorta of. It is the same "but" won't be once I am done with it due to copyright reasons.:noexpression:

I will be applying my squads skins to it first because yea... From there if the community wants to use different squadron skins on it I guess I can do that :)

P.S. If you read the first sentence when I posted this thread it says "fixes" and stuff (that would mean I am working and doing stuff to make it really good)

sorta of. It is the same "but" won't be once I am done with it due to copyright reasons.:noexpression:

I will be applying my squads skins to it first because yea... From there if the community wants to use different squadron skins on it I guess I can do that :)

P.S. If you read the first sentence when I posted this thread it says "fixes" and stuff (that would mean I am working and doing stuff to make it really good)

Ah right you're modifying it. Have you put it into lomac yet, surely with that many polygons it's a strain to play the game?

sorry but this is sooo wrong on so many levels in my opinion

1 its not your model - you did not make it from scratch from schematic line drawings etc

2 copywrite etc - cough ??

3 how about some consideration for those that run lomac on older pcs and video cards ?

4 you can make a very decent looking model at around or below 60000 polys , if you model cleanly and efficiently without hidden faces etc - sometimes less is more !

• Like 1

Currently skinless but its being worked on a lot :) (additions, animations, fixes)

Yup, sure looks sweet! Are you building it Viper101?

yes:smilewink:

Well, the first post could imply that you had been woking on it until only the "additions, animations, fixes" are left to do. You didn't tried to avoid the confusion.

It needed that another forum member to point to the original model on meshfactory to make you clarify the things, the implications everybody is free to draw.

I thought for a second at the guy that is always near the stories with Mozart... What was his name? ;)

And about 200 000polys... buying a model this size to put it into a game, Lock On, that has a limit of 20 000polys is a big waste. Those big models are normaly used for movies. When you understand that a 200 000polys model need to be not only be skined in real time by the videocard but also illuminated, shaded and manytimes "postprocessed" by "shader programs" and then put in a world... a simulation world in which different things (aka other objects, maybe same plane ;) ) coexists and interacts (the CPU is still helping the VGA and is still crushed by Lock On)... then you realise that you don't have that VGA card just yet.

Su-25T has about 20 000polys and is very beautiful. 200 000? In Lock On? Looks like a good joke.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

60000 polys is the highest i have been modelling too

i believe this is the optimal highest figure , but less is more and if i cam make a nice model below this , all the better

for me 60k is the limit , not the target

60k could deliver a very nice originally modelled f14 tomcat for sure )

I will try and see if I can do something about all the poly's....

@IguanaKing- the model is "Mine" now and hasnt broken any rules....we know what we are doing. And also, dont make me bring the topic of EricJ's F/A-18F into this because he purchased that model too. If you want to argue, then yell at both of us for no reason ;)

I wonder why.

what is that supposed to mean?