MiG-19P Farmer "B" Status

Zeus67

Are you kidding? This is frustrating. Razbam announces that they will release the MIG-19 module in January. They miss that month. They say they need to "work out a few minor bugs", and delayed the release again, with no indication of a future release time frame. Then the add "more content" to the module, which was nice eye candy, but not necessary to the module. They must have the most horrible business model in history.

Yeah - I mean it's not like we've even paid for anything yet so chill out.

Razbam has been pretty open about the progress of the module and at which state they want to release it. So... it's not the end of the world. Few months here or there -- certainly hasn't been the longest time I'd have to wait for a DCS product...

Certain Nevada map comes to my mind - back in the day, it was offered together with A-10C preorders and was said to be released during the A-10C beta. And actually it was - for just a version or two - but was pulled out really soon after. This was 2010. I think it was released 2016 or 2017. I think they had to rebuild it from the scratch or something - not sure what happened. But it was a loong wait anyway.

But I digress... :P

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

Steering this back on topic, were there any updated looks at the radar implementation? Last one I saw was similar ground clutter to the mig21? But I'm not sure if it was the final version.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Are you kidding? This is frustrating. Razbam announces that they will release the MIG-19 module in January. They miss that month. They say they need to "work out a few minor bugs", and delayed the release again, with no indication of a future release time frame. Then the add "more content" to the module, which was nice eye candy, but not necessary to the module. They must have the most horrible business model in history.

I'm sorry but this is just funny to me. If they released it with bugs people would scream. If they delay it people scream. I can't believe anyone develops for this toxic community. And by the way, the guy who modeled the chocks isn't the same guy fixing the bugs. You know coder versus 3D modeler...

Are you kidding? … They must have the most horrible business model in history.

Here comes the whiner. I knew it would happen :megalol:

A 3 posts guy with a nice conclusion. Very convincing…

:Flush:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Honestly developers who are prepared to delay launches in order to resolve bugs or other issues should be applauded. More so if the potential consumer hasn't even paid anything for it yet. On the outside it looks pretty ready. I would avoid the personal attacks on other users though it'll just get everyone involved a warning or ban of some description where as the same concerns written in a less provocative method would more likely provoke debate and reasonable responses.

The additional time before launch has means the product should be shipping with most (possibly all) of its training missions as well as additional content and also this team will be moving onto the MIG-23 afterwards which is going to be a highly anticipated module (being the most modern full fidelity Russian plane module we'll likely have access to for a while) so I would rather the team learn how to deal with any of these issues that have slowed the release now than release it anyway and then try sorting it out whilst also trying to concentrate of the next aircraft.

To members that have a honest, civil explanation, thank you for your posts. I am starting to understand the delays, however frustrating. To the others, thank you for targeting a newer member and creating an atmosphere where nobody can voice an opposing opinion without being attacked.

Anyways, yes, I am a newer member. I did not mean to be toxic. I apologize if I offended anyone. I am just frustrated with all the delays, and waiting with what seems no end in sight.

Unfortunately that's the status quo for DCS. The Tomcat was promised in 2017 barring an apocalypse... Also there are a lot of people who are extremely toxic towards Razbam. There are some legitimate criticisms, but we need to address them constructively. If you just yell at or insult the dev they're going to get defensive and not care about what you have to say. So when you said "most horrible buisness model in history" over a delay which is actually a good thing everyone who is sick of listening to people whine about Razbam just sighed and said oh great here we go again...

Anyways, yes, I am a newer member. I did not mean to be toxic. I apologize if I offended anyone. I am just frustrated with all the delays, and waiting with what seems no end in sight.

Well can't blame you for eagerly wanting to get into MiG-19 cockpit - I think we all have that in common :thumbup:

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

To members that have a honest, civil explanation, thank you for your posts. I am starting to understand the delays, however frustrating. To the others, thank you for targeting a newer member and creating an atmosphere where nobody can voice an opposing opinion without being attacked.

This forum is somewhat partisan, with some being either fanboys or whiners, and perceived drifting into one camp - even if it wasn't your intention - can lead to being attacked by the other; not great I can't deny.

That said, you can help yourself. Expect delays - this is a niche of a niche market and no-one gets into it for the money. If you have to criticise, make it constructive. Your first post came across as just a moan I'm afraid, and you received a chewing out for it.

Two things to note: the addition of features on one part of the plane doesn't mean a delayed release if bug squishing is going on on something unrelated, and until you've paid money the devs don't owe you anything. Otherwise, welcome :thumbup:

Well Imagine how frustrating for the 3D artists that is....

- Hurry hurry, hurry get it ready so we can start codding!!!

- well you ave a few more weeks the coder got stuck.

- well its not coming out, keep adding stuff if you want...

Then someone yells "WHAT more stuff! get it out already!"

LOL I mean, came on hehehehehe

Poisonous people like you.

How's that poisonous:

They must have the most horrible business model in history
They just have passed the first week of missed first expected release date, if we ever can call it a date. Feature complete. Just ONE WEEK, and they are the most horrible biz ever not less ??? While we are still waiting for core features for YEARS from others ? WOW dude I'm quite sure your grotesque exaggeration is at the top level of the toxicometer :mad:

I did not mean to be toxic. I apologize if I offended anyone.

:music_whistling:

To the others, thank you for targeting a newer member and creating an atmosphere where nobody can voice an opposing opinion without being attacked.

Because I suspect your profile is a double one, and I don't consider your matter as an opinion, it's been a pleasure to target you :smilewink:

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Honestly developers who are prepared to delay launches in order to resolve bugs or other issues should be applauded.

THIS!!!

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

In my mind we won't see Mig-19 before lunar new year sale ends.

I think this may be the reason of this delay.

Um, do you honestly think they would put a brand new module "on sale" anyway? :megalol:

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

While I can see that people are disappointed with the mig19 being delayed a bit, honestly I'd rather razbam release a mostly feature complete plane. There is alot of legitimate criticism of the state of the harrier and how bungled the EA for that module has been, so I see this a step in the right direction for Razbam. And even then, I'm gonna take a wait and see approach once its released.

While I can see that people are disappointed with the mig19 being delayed a bit, honestly I'd rather razbam release a mostly feature complete plane. There is alot of legitimate criticism of the state of the harrier and how bungled the EA for that module has been, so I see this a step in the right direction for Razbam. And even then, I'm gonna take a wait and see approach once its released.

exactly, i want a complete plane for my money so i gonna wait