DCS Marsden Farp

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

Nearing completion.........Just working on some templates that will hopefully cover off all three maps that are currently available.

Hi All,

Here is the Marsden FARP mod and a couple a static templates. If you have the Harrier field mod make sure you remove it from your saved games folder as well as the JSGME option.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13qi91X6j3zaAdKTs5ID2ytvbcZSX0xru/view?usp=sharing

Simply download and unzip the mod then place it in your "Saved games folder". Copy the STM files from the folder from within the mod called "Static Templates" and paste them into StaticTemplate folder within saved games. If you don't have one simply create it.

You will find the mat and field hide options under "UNARMED" in the ME and the manned tower under "FORTIFICATIONS". To rearm and refuel you will need to place one of the mats as a FARP under "STATICS" "HELIPORTS" and no FARP vehicles are required to enable this to work. The mod is fully IC compatible so please enjoy.

Update: Here is a link to the static template for the Persian Gulf Map: x5 Temp Airfields

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/10MAydHhMsiGHPTBClcstaYawQ-OgtkgW?usp=sharing

Here is a Liveries folder for the netting that came with the mod. It now gives you a desert option. Simply place the extracted folder in the WWII MastonMat folder.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dHM6VKFOcvsvU6BAKZlEzuOhqV4e82Jv/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG
  • Thanks 1

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks great can't wait to try it out. Now we need to find areas level enough and clear and long enough to create new airfields.

Suntsag, do you know of any mod that can clear out trees to make a large enough area for a WWII airfield wherever we would want to create one?

Looking down in a 2D view at existing airfields, you can see that large areas have been cleared of tree textures so that an airfield could be placed. Finding level areas without a mod is going to be another problem, though.

Edited by 352ndDeacon

Clearing the trees is easy, use the Remove Scenery Trigger and delete all the trees and Objects within the range circles you want and set it to run at Game Start.

Finding the flat ground is not going to be easy for a big runway, anywhere, the new maps are very 'lumpy' everywhere.

Brilliant.

Waiting for release. Thanks a lot.

Is possible to rearm and refuel outside airbases, when you put this marsden plates on empty country or still needed support vehicles or FARP resources?

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Brilliant.

Waiting for release. Thanks a lot.

Is possible to rearm and refuel outside airbases, when you put this marsden plates on empty country or still needed support vehicles or FARP resources?

Yeah absolutely mate....There are 3 elements to this mod:

1. Basic models and lua files to be stored in the saved games folder.

2. A JSGME element that will allow the FARPS to rearm and refuel airframes without needing the usual vehicles to be in close proximity.

3. The STM files so you can load pre-made static templates for multiple maps.

:thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks great can't wait to try it out. Now we need to find areas level enough and clear and long enough to create new airfields.

Suntsag, do you know of any mod that can clear out trees to make a large enough area for a WWII airfield wherever we would want to create one?

Looking down in a 2D view at existing airfields, you can see that large areas have been cleared of tree textures so that an airfield could be placed. Finding level areas without a mod is going to be another problem, though.

There are some very flat cleared areas on the normandy map which look like ED planned to plop an airfield there but never finished them. I'l try get some screenshots and location markers

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Are you creating them with the Harrier FIELD mod and the editor mod to spawn from anywhere? or it's a new mod?

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It will be an improved adaptation of the original Harrier Field Mod, minus the graphical glitches and need for FARP vehicles.

For aircraft placement, folks will need the Plane Spawn Anywhere mod, which I may bundle with this download. Obviously there will be limitations to which aircraft can be used but all helos will be fine.

I may include a surprise for other FARP mod users too.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Great ¡¡¡

This is a standalone marsden object or a sustitute for the stock single FARP?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Great ¡¡¡

This is a standalone marsden object or a sustitute for the stock single FARP?

It will be a standalone item so no impact on current FARPs available.

Here is something I am putting together in the Normandy map. What appears flat at first sight, isn't always the case but I did find this location:

attachment.php?attachmentid=196229&stc=1&d=1539892869

Screen_181018_205805.thumb.jpg.b29f6805779aa1670c05f8ffd515e85d.jpg

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THIS IS THE MOD OF THE MONTH

Awesome work mate, brilliant. Awaiting for use it ASAP.

Many many many thanks for this.

PD: Please add a PDF with a description about how to use it, rearming and refueling, tip and tricks about positioning, etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am hoping to be able to release this in the next couple of days...including a couple of STM files with locations for Caucasus satellite airfields and Normandy with full landing strips in France and the UK.

I love the fact that you are including the templates .. they are so much more useful than a demo mission :)

Thanks a lot & best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB