It is not possible for me to finish mission 13. Maybe it's my fault. The attack on the ground forces, especially the 3 armored Cobra vehicles fails each time complete. Rockets are to much inaccurate, shelling from the front when turning off like hell. How is it possible to complete this mission successfully. Especially since I have only 4 minutes time. Flying over the target would be suicide. Three different opponents with 5/0 (green tracers) like "rge75" tells me. Can the mission developer give me some tips? Also, it is a pity that you get stuck with 50 percent, even if you eliminate 1-2 armored vehicles and a lot ground troops.

When I ran out of rockets, nothing happend....and I suppose the 4 minutes passed because I did 3 rocket runs. Did you get a message like mission failed? Or did you simply quit and then you've got the 50%?

Yeah, let's see if we got some additional help apart from my hints which I already PM you yesterday.

Just for information if somebody else is interested:

- 3km distance to target, stable flight:

- VSI 0

- Speed 120-150 km/h

- 300 m AGL

- ball centered

- 2.5 km distance, Tip In

- 10-15° pitch (normal dive) or 30° (steep dive)

- don't touch collective anymore

- aim "high" and fire one salvo

- check inpact, adjust, fire

- 1 km distance (light arms) oder 1.5 km distance (heavy arms), break 90°

- at least 6 Sek. Nap On Earth, Max. Speed

- 30° turn for 3 Sec

- climb

- repeat attack

Furthermore, let your rear door gunner fire while you break

However, I also did not manage to kill all 3 vehicules and I ran out of rockets.

05_attack.thumb.jpg.89b80e7f0a354c92b6be36cd987e9367.jpg

Edited by rge75
Added kneeboard page

When I ran out of rockets, nothing happend....and I suppose the 4 minutes passed because I did 3 rocket runs. Did you get a message like mission failed? Or did you simply quit and then you've got the 50%?

Thanks, I got both, mission failed and 50 percent. Mission failed when I was shot and at a crash. When one or two Cobra were destroyed and a lot of artillery only 50 percent. A pity i can not fly on the Campaign after i try a dozen of misses.

It seems to be a matter of luck to destroy your opponents and armored vehicles during a mission flight. There are several attempts necessary for me to get the lucky shot.

rge75, thanks for the kneeboard !!

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Thanks for your help "rge75", it helps enormously.

One or two I get often at 1 attack. But then the rest is distributed in all directions far apart and can not be conquered in 4 minutes with several attacks. Maybe the 4 minute attack limit is a mission failed at me too. It is very difficult to destroy the three armored vehicles in 1 to 2 attack runs. Although I still do not know if the mission is complete then, after this all.

- I often use 1 salvo first, adjust, 2 salvo, break, repeat

- same with 2nd run

- for the 3rd run, you'll only have 2 shots left

Like you said, one problem is that the vehicles start moving after first attack.

The AI enemy doesn't seem to be very strong though and I even once flew over them (yeah, you shouldn't) and let the door gunner do some stuff. At the end of the day, I still haven't destroyed all 3 vehicules though.

Maybe I should once try 16 rockets instead of 4 ;-) I mean, if all fails, try something different...

Edited by rge75

Seems it is possible, even to destroy only 2 of 3 Cobras and an unknown number of artillery. The Rear Gunner helps you only to destroy some troops. The Cobra can withstand 7.62mm shots with their armor, but not a direct rocket hit.

You are right, take 16 rockets instead less. Best is one attack run an all rockets out..and hope a voice tells you, the cobras are now quit. Seems the Designer will tell this with 4 minutes and the voice or Command message, all out in one attack run. But i I did it only once in a training Mission 13, not in the campaign, so my Knowledge about the Mission 13.

Hello, everybody! In next update the time for attacking those targets will increase twice or have already increased (I can't check if my corrections were released already).

For completing you have to eliminate 2 out of 3 Cobras and 80% of infantry. Then the mission continues and there will be another combat task.

Elimination of Cobras in this mission is an issue of professionalism. As for me it s a very rough task so In mission only one Cobra starts fire. rge75 has described the firing techinque in details, you need only several training flights to master it.

As well you can watch how our Russian colleague Foxer64 has managed this task:

He as well has used quicker run-ins and 16 rockets volley

Thanks for you reply,

another Combat Task after i rescue a Su25 Pilot shot down before i got LZ-2.

I deletet the complete blue area behind LZ-2, but after all, the Pilot will not go in my Chopper. But i try it again, perhaps a trigger Problem. Thanks for the Video. We will make it !!!

rge75 has described the firing techinque in details, you need only several training flights to master it.

Yes and that helps, we made a Trainings Mission in missions Editor from LZ-2 to the blue Targets.

Now i see the Video, the Mi-8 is Landing very close to the Pilot, should be my Problem, cause trigger is closer than my Landing.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Hello, everybody! In next update the time for attacking those targets will increase twice or have already increased (I can't check if my corrections were released already).

For completing you have to eliminate 2 out of 3 Cobras and 80% of infantry. Then the mission continues and there will be another combat task.

Elimination of Cobras in this mission is an issue of professionalism. As for me it s a very rough task so In mission only one Cobra starts fire. rge75 has described the firing techinque in details, you need only several training flights to master it.

As well you can watch how our Russian colleague Foxer64 has managed this task:

He as well has used quicker run-ins and 16 rockets volley

The video is helpful, but he goes really close to the Cobras. Not sure if you'd really get that close to the enemy. If the AI would be on "Excellent", you might not survive that attack. However, he did quite accurate shots!

The 4 minutes were not a problem to me. Time was enough for 3 runs, but I ran out of rockets. On the other hand, I was told that I should have had 6 rocket pads an not only 4 (I opened the mission in mission editor and started it from there because I'm not yet that far in the campaign).

Edit: BTW, I would have landed into wind on LZ ;-)

Edited by rge75

Just another question. Once you pick up the downed pilot and you're told to climb to 600 / heading 24. What do we have to do next? On the video, the other guy flies back to LZ1 and lands "in the same area". I did not see a "Mission accomplished" message though.

Edit: Found out myself. You have to land on the LZ of the first landing again and you get the "Mission accomplished" and 100 points ;-)

Edited by rge75

• 10 months later...

Funny how trying to progress in this campaign I always get into some bugs, apparently introduced by DCS updates. I killed the armor, picked up the pilot, flew back to LZ1 just to find all the Alfa men lying dead in a circle. Trying to land there, I fall through the ground and get 'Mission Failed'. What the hell! It took me 5 attempts on the mission to get to this point )))) Latest 'STABLE' version lol....

Screen_190907_191404.thumb.png.869bceea420af5e74645cd3cce339098.png

Screen_190907_191508.thumb.png.a91546eb4048a7e942f66eada4ea7b40.png

Edited by impalor

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

Funny how trying to progress in this campaign I always get into some bugs, apparently introduced by DCS updates. I killed the armor, picked up the pilot, flew back to LZ1 just to find all the Alfa men lying dead in a circle. Trying to land there, I fall through the ground and get 'Mission Failed'. What the hell! It took me 5 attempts on the mission to get to this point )))) Latest 'STABLE' version lol....

it is not right. I will test, fix, and send the mission in the next update. Thank you for saying this. Mission completed - at the time of the rescue of the pilot. You don’t have to fly to a point and land

• 5 months later...

Hello Forexkor! After finishing some other campaigns I finally returned to this one. I tried again 20 or so times to pass this mission but always get hit or run out of rockets. Maybe you could modify it to include SIX pods as the pilot thinks, and not 4? ))) Thanks!

12900KF@5.4, 32GB DDR4@4000cl14g1, 4090, M.2, W10 Pro, Warthog HOTAS, ButtKicker, Reverb G2/OpenXR

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Forexkor! After finishing some other campaigns I finally returned to this one. I tried again 20 or so times to pass this mission but always get hit or run out of rockets. Maybe you could modify it to include SIX pods as the pilot thinks, and not 4? ))) Thanks!

Sorry for the late reply. Yes, I accepted your remark. I will put an additional 2 more weapons suspension

Thanks, but I already passed the mission )) The trick was to flank the cobras from south-west, so that all the rockets that overshoot them would kill the troops behind.

• 7 months later...

The Mi-24 got stuck in the mountains and crashed long before I arrived at the landing zone. Also, I still got only 4 rocket pods and my gunner is drunk.

On my next try I got shot down by 2 stingers, right after dropping of the troops, hovering over the landing zone. I think those stingers were meant for the Hind, which already crashed in the mountains.

• Like 1

The Mi-24 got stuck in the mountains and crashed long before I arrived at the landing zone. Also, I still got only 4 rocket pods and my gunner is drunk.

On my next try I got shot down by 2 stingers, right after dropping of the troops, hovering over the landing zone. I think those stingers were meant for the Hind, which already crashed in the mountains.

OK! You're right, We need to fix the AI behavior.

I'll fix it all!

• 2 months later...

Anytime word on when this update is going to get implemented?

Also if you stay over those 3 cobra's and infantry trying to get your rear gunner to work, it says AA coming up the road get out of here, leave

Umm I went back to 1st landing zone, and engineer says your going the wrong way, go to the tunnel which I was but like the previous post I saw the same thing 1st landing area blown up, but briefing says a paved apron, on return.. that area is a grass area, I landed all over the place but nothing, ran out of fuel and ya..

Tho if it drops me back 1 mission, I'll just skip this one.

But have enjoyed the missions so far.. the previous one no like, flying with vr oculus rift at night, not a good thing, can't see nothing, oh well has been fun

thanks kindly by the way for the campaign.

25.01.2021 в 00:32, Stymer сказал:

Anytime word on when this update is going to get implemented?

Also if you stay over those 3 cobra's and infantry trying to get your rear gunner to work, it says AA coming up the road get out of here, leave

Umm I went back to 1st landing zone, and engineer says your going the wrong way, go to the tunnel which I was but like the previous post I saw the same thing 1st landing area blown up, but briefing says a paved apron, on return.. that area is a grass area, I landed all over the place but nothing, ran out of fuel and ya..

Tho if it drops me back 1 mission, I'll just skip this one.

But have enjoyed the missions so far.. the previous one no like, flying with vr oculus rift at night, not a good thing, can't see nothing, oh well has been fun

thanks kindly by the way for the campaign.

Unfortunately, campaign updates appear only in the next update of the open beta. in February.
Thanks for your feedback. I am working on several campaigns, but gradually create better missions for this campaign to replace them in the future

Edited by STONE SKY

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16.09.2022 в 17:37, alboon2000 сказал:

Hi, I shoot the 3 cobras but nothing happens. Do I have to shoot at soldiers first, and then at the cobras ?

EDIT : yes. Otherwise the trigger isn't triggered 🙂

Thanks for your comment! I will fix this!

• 1 year later...

The Cobra kills are tricky, but doable. I barely managed on 2nd try. Some tips:

-Disable overhead fuses for one pair of rocket pods, or as desired. No need to fire all 3 pairs at once. It's better to give you extra runs.

- I initially do a rough spread to make sure all infantry is killed, which is not hard. Then, you have to be quite precise to hurt the Cobras, as DCS explosions are so weak.  

- Lwin+H to show gunner rules of engagement. Switch him to open fire. The heavy MG can actually hurt the cobras a bit, if you run out of rockets, you can finish them off.

- Don't fly past the enemy position into the city, there are SAMs. Turn away after each run.

- At the end of the day it is down to your skill. It's not that unreasonable to kill 3 armored cars (well, you only need to kill 2) with a full rocket loadout, but it's quite hard in this bird. Practice the training mission to get good. I also recommend decreasing sight depression to 40-50 mils. The default is set up for longer range, but you will be very imprecise. 

• Thanks 1