DCS last Update: Big problem !!!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

F/A-18C and some FC 3 screwed up there is no possibility to go back to my old set up (load my old setup file also not working). DCS World did it hard way override all of the Keybinding Setup. In this case few aircraft not able to fly no airbrakes retracting available just for an example.

I give up searching what ED overwrite on my Keybinding setups.

Regards

Tango Lima/Scorpion

This issue is pretty much unavoidable for a module in Early Access (and sometimes even for an older module), because systems change during Early Access development and with that the controls change as well. For example: You first implement a simple ECM function where you can just push artifical hotkeys to dispense flares and chaff or activate ECM and later the actual ECm suite gets implemented and now you have to work with the actual HOTAS commands where you don't have a button for chaff or flare, but instead have to work with CM-programs. That's the nature of a module that is still in active development.

It happens to products like Ka50 or Su25T which are nowhere near Early Access anymore, so I don't even understand how the Early Access argument can be brought up....

This has NOTHING to do with EA state of F18

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Follow these instructions:

Thank you! I'll forward that to buddies

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

It happens to products like Ka50 or Su25T which are nowhere near Early Access anymore, so I don't even understand how the Early Access argument can be brought up....

This has NOTHING to do with EA state of F18

That's why I said "(and sometimes even for older modules)". They apparently changed some core configurations which is pretty annoying for us now, but will be much more convenient on the long run.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

They apparently changed some core configurations which is pretty annoying for us now, but will be much more convenient on the long run.

The first part that it is annoying is definitely true and the second part ... well, it depends!

It will be more convenient for new users who start from scratch and for new modules which come with some more default assignments. But even then, I usually change those anyway because I make my own setup.

Anywway, it is not the end of the world.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

hi nineLine,

i have deleted all *.diff.lua files in the DCS installation (c:\ed\dcs\mods\aircraft\plane\input\joystick) and then all diff.lua from the savedGames directories are working fine !

*.diff.lua 's should not be a part of the DCS installatioen.

Before the update came there were some default.lua for the TM available but not as a diff.lua

before update we had a "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua"

after the update the file named "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua"

and that collides with the diff.lua from saved game directory !

Edited by caponi

too much ...

hi nineLine,

i have deleted all *.diff.lua files in the DCS installation (c:\ed\dcs\mods\aircraft\plane\input\joystick) and then all diff.lua from the savedGames directories are working fine !

*.diff.lua 's should not be a part the DCS installatioen.

Before the update came there were some default.lua for the TM available but not as a diff.lua

before update we had a "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.lua"

after the update the file named "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog.diff.lua"

and that collides with the diff.lua from saved game directory !

That's it. Have the same with my TM 1.6000. Each button which is a standard function within the profile can't be reassigned.

Brrrrrrrrrrrt

I'd rather call in a Strike Eagle...

I7 6700K, MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V 3200, Inno3D GTX 1080, Samsung 970 Evo, Thrustmaster 1.6000M, TrackIr 5

We need detailed information guys, which bindings, which devices, what are you seeing, etc. Saying this is annoying, or makes you mad doesnt help the issue at all.

I'm trying to have my buddies go past the "I'm mad" phase and come back with details.

What I can say so far from yesterday's debugging :

* HOTAS Warthog used by user

* For Ka50 module, there is no more any key bound to any function in the keyboard section.

I've ask for the rest of the details (presence of .diff.lua files in Saved Games, status of joystick bindings, etc...)

I have only 2 3rd party modules, HOTAS profiles for them are fine, no changes. All other HOTAS profiles for ED planes are borked, F-18C, Ka-50, FC3 planes, A10C. What were we supposed to get exactly? I know the poll, asking what HOTAS we use. I voted there, why not. But did you actually try to impose your own profiles over my own? I haven't seen anywhere on the forums that you have asked if we would like that. Anyways, luckily I have saved my profiles before updating.

Edit: Overwriting these new profiles with old ones will not work. Have to bind everything manually now, again. Big thanks.

I have some functions that not working since this update….airbrake do Nothing on my thrustmaster and did worked very well before updating…

What's going on ??

I cannot longer play now...sad situation, my joysticks are inoperable for some reasons...'marked in red' in game options and i can't re bind them they do Nothing now….

We need detailed information guys, which bindings, which devices, what are you seeing, etc. Saying this is annoying, or makes you mad doesnt help the issue at all.

it depends on what you are individuel has defined

if you use the default buttons you have no problems but if your choice is different then buttons have a double meaning ...

you should try it or do you have no individuel keybindings ?

all modules from ED and Belsimtek has the problems

the mirage has no TM defaults and all things are working fine ...

please see my post before ...

too much ...

I have only 2 3rd party modules, HOTAS profiles for them are fine, no changes. All other HOTAS profiles for ED planes are borked, F-18C, Ka-50, FC3 planes, A10C. What were we supposed to get exactly? I know the poll, asking what HOTAS we use. I voted there, why not. But did you actually try to impose your own profiles over my own? I haven't seen anywhere on the forums that you have asked if we would like that. Anyways, luckily I have saved my profiles before updating.

Edit: Overwriting these new profiles with old ones will not work. Have to bind everything manually now, again. Big thanks.

Same for me...

Some buttons on the Warthog no longer work

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team
it depends on what you are individuel has defined

if you use the default buttons you have no problems but if your choice is different then buttons have a double meaning ...

you should try it or do you have no individuel keybindings ?

all modules from ED and Belsimtek has the problems

the mirage has no TM defaults and all things are working fine ...

please see my post before ...

I cant explain why, but I am not affected by these issues.

We are going to include this text in the Newsletter:

"If you are affected by this, we suggest you delete all *.diff.lua files in the DCS installation (dcs\mods\aircraft\plane\input\joystick) and then all diff.lua files from your Saved Games directory should work as expected.

If you would rather use the new, supplied profiles, we suggest you delete the input files from your Saved Games (Saved Games\DCS.DCSOPENBETA\Config\Input\plane\joystick) folder, and the sim will use the ones supplied with the module, from there you can adjust as needed."

Does that sound accurate as a workaround?

As well, the devs are still looking into this for a more proper fix.

Edited by NineLine

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

TM Warthog stick, F-18 module:

using ECM switch for weapon select, only right-click works.

using TMS switch for ACM modes, none work.

all non working functions show red in configuration page after being rebound.

Win 10, Gigabyte Aorus Ultra with i5 9600KF @ 4.6GHz, 32G DDR4 3200 RAM, GTX 1070, TrackIR 5, TM Warthog stick on VPC Warbird base, Warthog Throttle for jets & helis, CH Throttle Quadrant for props, CH Pro Pedals, 500GB SSDs for installed sims :gun_smilie: