Storm of War - DCS WWII / Historical Server

philstyle

5 minutes ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

If you are referring to the in-game score card... this is a bit odd and doesn't record (or sometimes over records) kills. Instead, SoW uses SlMod to do it's statistics handling. It is much better, although there are still occasionally anomalies. In any case, I had a look at the archive. Seems okay... your kill count went up one today, around the time that you first posted, so that makes sense. https://stormofwar.info/pilot_T+nH1Y3+.php

Thx, I didn't know that the score screen was broken, sorry for wasting Your time so! 🙃

1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

Are there any plans to implement Combined Arms into the missions ?

Have people command platoon sized elements and attack/defend objectives, while working with aircraft ?

Combined Arms (CA) is already integrated into the missions, allowing players to take control of Flak/AAA units to defend their airfields. We have several such "point units" for each side and might increase this in future, depending on the scenario.

More generally, use of CA for the control of "mobile units" was removed due a combination of performance issues and the implementation of the CA interface, which is more suited to modern assets. For performance, it is not so much the units themselves, but the fact that, to create a plausible CA environment, it would require the implementation of hundreds (if not thousands) of units to create a convincing front line. Those units (and their interactions) have to big an impact on the server performance/stability. Additionally, the use of CA does require careful coordination, which means SRS communication and planning. And, at the moment, the player-uptake of SRS is not very high.

We are considering using CA for some special events, but these are in the future and there are no details yet.

2 hours ago, Gunslinger22 said:

Any chance of allowing the use of the wonderful GTM Normandy? 

No. Because that would require us to disable the integrity checking.

From discord...

No.54 philstyle  20/01/2021

Considered. Rejected. Too easy to cheat by replacing ground textures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Storm of War is now listing shared contributions for ships sunk. This means that if a ship goes down, the pilots who managed to score substantial hits on it will received a share of the loaded displacement of the target vessel. We use loaded displacement (tonnes), not tonnage (= capacity), so as to better recognise the sinking of warships. See this article for details:  https://stormofwar.net/2021/03/14/march-2021-significant-stats-changes-coming-soon/

These contributions will also appear on the squadron pages and pilot totals, as well as individual pilots' statistics web pages.

• 2 weeks later...

SoW is trialing a new spawn configuration for the Anton.
the FW190 A8 at forward bases will now start with engines HOT, but no fuel.
The engine will cut soon after spawn -  so players need to refuel before takeoff.
This should solve the 5 to 10 minute warm up waits that ED recently introduced for this aircraft.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

On 4/11/2021 at 5:16 PM, pmiceli said:

Philstyle,

Have you considered replacing the Text radar message with the SRS text to speech capability? It works really well and would be a more immersive option.

If you are and want any help, PM me.

This could be great!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

The recent DCS 2.7 patch has resulted in instability and we are now experiencing regular server crashes. As a result, the Storm of War server may be offline due to these crashes. Pilots are advised to check the online monitor https://stormofwar.info/ to see if the server is up.

Additionally, changes in the DCS 2.7 patch have caused problems with the recording of statistics. We have been working for the last 24 hours trying to apply workarounds, but it remains problematic and there are still delays and errors in the system at this time.

last-night with 27 of 30 on MP was horrific the lag or stutters where every 3 to 6 seconds and I was watching the timings, frames where dropping to 8fps back to 45; I'm on VR. 

I turned off chat that brought the frames up to only dropping to 14 FPS, back to 45 fps.

not sure what's causing it. could be a sync issue or timing?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

On 4/15/2021 at 10:43 AM, Talisman_VR said:

This could be great!

Happy landings,

Talisman

Here is a demonstration of this in use in my server from summer of last year. I set St. Pierre as the bullseye so all GCI calls reference St. Pierre. The beeps are just to let you know the broadcast system is working. The music is not from the SRS broadcast. It was added to the video.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

Following the DCS 2.7.0.5118 Open Beta patch earlier today, Storm of War is back online again. We will be monitoring the situation very carefully, but if pilots notice problems, then please report them (either here or on the Storm of War discord: link). The server status can be monitored online here:  https://stormofwar.info/

Due to the bugs and undocumented changes in DCS 2.7, a number of things remain broken in the statistics and in the missions, but the admin team are working to get these reverse-engineered and introduce workarounds. As the missions get repaired, we will get then back into the mission rotation as quickly as we can.

Edited by xvii-Dietrich

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, xvii-Dietrich said:

DCS 2.7 is currently not stable enough to support the SoW server.  The server remains off pending further developments.

That is really very sad. I have only warbirds and SoW in my opinion is by far the best server for warbirds and ww2. I hope ED comes up with a fix ASAP.

• Like 1

We installed the patch (which had a specific SoW fix included - thanks, ED!) when it came out. We've since had two evenings of stability as a result, even with high player numbers (>50) during the peak times. As a result, we are now cautiously optimistic and are starting to re-introduce the mission set. So, basically, the server is up again and we have started the May'2021 campaign. Anyone can monitor the server status via the web here:  https://stormofwar.info/