Abort launch on Carrier question

bullitt757

For the longest time I was trying to figure out how to unhook from the catapult after attaching to it. I wanted to abort take off and there seems to be no function after aborting with the ATC to disconnect even after trying to raise the launch bar. Does anyone have any suggestions or is it one of those things you just gotta take off to correct?

ill give it another try later, but Im pretty sure I tried with no success

Well, I am absolutely positive that I am right. I have done it many of times when changing ordinance and the mission maker had you spawn on the cat.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

I wanted to disconnect and maneuver else where on the carrier, also I have been experiencing that if I am in the wrong spot when AI are landing then I get ran into or AI runs into AI.

I have ran into that before, or should I say they ran into me. :)

One other point, raise your launch bar after pressing 'U' when you disconnect so you can get NWS and NWS HI with the press and press and hold of the NWS button. You may have disconnected before but left your launch bar down without realizing and and notice that you can't turn your front wheel.

P.S. added tidbit, if you didn't know, you can still steer while your launch bar is down by pressing and holding the NWS button.

Well, I am absolutely positive that I am right. I have done it many of times when changing ordinance and the mission maker had you spawn on the cat.

As I learned yesterday, the simulation actually allows you to refuel/rearm while still attached to the cat (tried it on catapult no.1). Pretty unrealistic of course, but from the software there is no need to disconnect from the shuttle.

By the way, I first tried to disconnect using the „U“ command but for some reason it didn‘t work yesterday. Didn‘t gave it a closer look really since I don‘t need that function all too often.

As I learned yesterday, the simulation actually allows you to refuel/rearm while still attached to the cat (tried it on catapult no.1). Pretty unrealistic of course, but from the software there is no need to disconnect from the shuttle.

You are wrong. The simulation configures the launch parameters based on the weight of the aircraft once it connects to the shuttle. If you change your load out it does not update.

Try connecting as an empty Hornet. Then load it down with bombs, missiles, drop tanks, etc... You will get a cold shot and drop into the water.

You are wrong. The simulation configures the launch parameters based on the weight of the aircraft once it connects to the shuttle. If you change your load out it does not update.

Try connecting as an empty Hornet. Then load it down with bombs, missiles, drop tanks, etc... You will get a cold shot and drop into the water.

found out something I didn't know

Well, that is interesting indeed. I changed the loadout only slightly (swapped 2xMk82 on BRUs with 1xMk83) so the difference apparently was minor and the cat shot was absolutely no different compared to the ~100 shots I did before.

Still, I am not wrong saying that technically it is possible in the sim to refuel/rearm while attached to the shuttle. Whether it is sensible or not to do so is another question (in fact I already stated it is unrealistic anyway).

What if you reset the FCS and pitch up trim before you launch after rearming? Do you still end up in the drink?