Any chance of a proper modern Russian fighter DCS ?

pawea

We currently have zero modern Russian fighters in DCS done with the SU 33/27 and their crappy radars and weapons your outmatched every time heck and thats just against ai.........how can multiplayer be balanced when using outdated unmatched aircraft...we need a Modern Russian fighter..Mig29K.....SU33M/35 etc.....is there anything like this in development folks ? or at least an upgrade to allow the use of more modern Russian AA missiles...R77

As I understand it, modern Russian fighters are a no-go due to state security concerns (if I may put it so bluntly).

OTOH, the US apparently has no significant qualms about putting our newest and bestest out there for just anyone to see, fly, and get advanced online training.

But what do I know? (And when did I know it? LOL)

We currently have zero modern Russian fighters in DCS done with the SU 33/27 and their crappy radars and weapons your outmatched every time heck and thats just against ai.........how can multiplayer be balanced when using outdated unmatched aircraft...we need a Modern Russian fighter..Mig29K.....SU33M/35 etc.....is there anything like this in development folks ? or at least an upgrade to allow the use of more modern Russian AA missiles...R77

both the MiG-29S and J-11 can carry R-77 although the radars admittedly leaves a lot to be desired

Play Blue Flag and fly red. SU27, M29 and (M2K) radar and weapons wipe the floor with the F18C. Based on that, you don't need a proper modern Russian fighter.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

AMRAAM > all in MP. AIM-7M is better than R27R/T. only when you have -7 vs. R27ER/ET do you suffer.

i fly blue all the time and blue indisputably has a pretty massive advantage. F-15 F/E pole combined with massively superior missiles and SA means that F-15 should literally never lose beyond WVR, and within WVR you win most of the time as well because of smokeless sidewinder and lethality of close range AIM-120.

I don't get this "balanced" thing people keep banging on about. Sound tactics, detailed planning and briefings alongside good communication will, most of the time beat any modern hardware.

Modern warfare is never going to be balanced and nether side should expect it to be.

As the above posts said that's more in the hands of mission designers.

heck anything to counter the US jets.......the Russian planes are all FC class also from a monetary point of view a modern jet is gonna sell a lot better than ol bettys from the 50/60/70s if not the aircraft then at least some modern missiles would do nicely.......

As I understand it, modern Russian fighters are a no-go due to state security concerns (if I may put it so bluntly).

OTOH, the US apparently has no significant qualms about putting our newest and bestest out there for just anyone to see, fly, and get advanced online training.

As I understand it though everything Ive seen that is US is public knowledge or aircraft that have already been pushed out to other countries. We wont see anything that is new on here unless maybe its AI.

I too would absolutely love an advanced Russian fighter like the MiG-29K, Su-30SM, and Su-35S, but unfortunately even the moderately old Su-24M is off-limits. However, the MiG-29S and J-11A (Chinese improvement on Su-27SK) can use the R-77, which just recently got updated. Also, even the Su-27 (Su-27S) can defeat F-15/16/18C with AIM-120s, it's just hard.

From what I have learned it is extra difficult to get data and clearance for Russian military airplanes. There was another recent thread on this same wishlist section about russian airplanes and some one had made this comment: "Gaijin (a flight game company) used to complain about having to get security clearance to access data about 1940s prop planes, an issue you don't have here at all." https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218078

But in case you did not know the Mig-23 is currently in development and it will become the most modern full fidelity Russian jet available in DCS. Something a little newer is better than nothing.

Russian fighters are designed to operate with a ground controller for the most part. Their radar is for weapons launch more than 'long range situational awareness'. So, they're all going to be like that, except for one or two like MiG-31.

As for modern aircraft, the MiG-23 os being developed, along with Mi-24. Most newer stuff doesn't get authorisation, Su-24 for example was outright forbidden. It's just the way it is.

The Chinese Jf-17 is being developed, though, and it's more or less a RedFor F-16.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Forbidden by whom i wonder ? its a simulation don't understand why they would need permission from anyone.......the systems are never gonna be 100% accurate to real world anyway

My speculation on the subject:

EA was sued by Textron for using their helicopters in game without a license, AFAIK. That set precedence for any Aircraft Manufacture to sue companies using their product without authorization if I understand that correctly. So in the last couple of year ED and partners have been very careful what they model and how ( to what degree). So you may have aircraft that are deliberately modeled differently than the RL one. I also think this is one of the reasons why some things that do not match RL aircraft are never change, some kind of restriction put forth by the Intellectual property owners. This is complete conjecture on my part.

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

and on this model what comments do you have about it?

That is not a modern Russian fighter.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

English Electric Lightning

and on this model what comments do you have about it?

The issue with the Lightning is that its a pure interceptor, meaning it was only intended to quickly intercept a hostile aircraft take it out and come right back. So it has a short range because it guzzles fuel and it can only carry two missiles at a time. So this jet would not be that useful in DCS unless it just waits around at the base until the target is with in range then take off then, intercept the target and come back before you run out of fuel.

Check out this video of a privately owned lighting at 16:54.

Forbidden by whom i wonder ? its a simulation don't understand why they would need permission from anyone.......the systems are never gonna be 100% accurate to real world anyway

A successful module requires serious input from operators and often manufacturers. Russian MoD abides by some pretty paranoid legislation made in the wake of the conflict with Georgia in 2008.

So long as ED is based in the Russian Federation, they abide by their laws. Even if there are privately owned MiG-29s in the US, for example, it still doesn't put them in the clear from legal ramifications.

You don't want to spend months working on something only to receive a C&D before you can profit off of it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Got a lot of F-22 and F-35 time logged do ya? :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com