e-2D Hawkeye

bullitt757

To be serious, it is eager to create a player controllable AWACS system to take command the aerial operations.

Especially, the AWACS system is very important for Multiplayer Gameplay.

Actually, the cores of AWACS mechanism are situation awareness, command and control systems, which is much like a RTS game, and the AWACS aircraft not have to pilot-able like other DCS pilot-able aircraft - it is enough that AWACS aircraft has AI autopilot with manual directional navigation system.

• 4 weeks later...
Flying an e2 can be very interesting for who we are not interested in fighting but to be part of the missions.

This is the very reason why a flyable Hawkeye would be very popular. It would peek the interest from those that mostly like flying civilian aircraft on other simulators. The Hawkeye would be the first non combat aircraft that is capable of operating of a carrier deck. That alone puts it into a category of its own.

By the way I recently read this new interesting story about the first E2D that are getting Ariel refueling capability.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29819/navy-training-squadron-receives-first-e-2d-hawkeye-with-new-aerial-refueling-capability

e-2c-hawkeye_001.jpg

+1000! It would be awesome to actually be an AWACS operator inside of DCS instead of being in F10 view or LotAtc. And just imagine those night traps. Yum! Also, if you make our dreams come true and model the E-2, please make a C-2 as well. We need transport aircraft in DCS too. :joystick:

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

Flying an e2 can be very interesting for who we are not interested in fighting but to be part of the missions.

This is the very reason why a flyable Hawkeye would be very popular. It would peek the interest from those that mostly like flying civilian aircraft on other simulators.

Why would it pique their interest?

I mean, what would flying an E2 on DCS (which would require time/money/effort to get started in) offer to them, that they do not already get in their civil aviation simulators ... given their motivations (not ours)?

There was a flight combat game which implemented a transport plane recently, but there was limited take-up of it by the community, and I am not aware of a single person who was a civil.sim pilot and not already flying that combat game, who was attracted to the game and started with that transport plane.

There are a lot more reasons for flying a civil.sim than simply "not fighting". DCS would need to address those as well, in order to attract the attention of civil.sim pilots. That means full world maps, detailed scenery, navigation, full ATC (tower, approach, regional radar, ground handling), cargoes, passengers, economy, air-miles, transport statistics, massive-MP-networks, ... and to do so MUCH better than the existing civil.sims.

I would LOVE to see an E2 or C2 in DCS. But I think that it is false to assume that it will suddenly attract civil.aviation simmers (who are not already flying in DCS), just by providing a non-fighting aircraft.

And why not? Aircraft modules have been made for anything massive before. I do not understand why it generates so much rejection within the fighters any interest in tankers, transports or awacs.

Anyway, it is impossible for any aircraft of this type to be made.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why would it pique their interest?

I mean, what would flying an E2 on DCS (which would require time/money/effort to get started in) offer to them, that they do not already get in their civil aviation simulators ... given their motivations (not ours)?

There was a flight combat game which implemented a transport plane recently, but there was limited take-up of it by the community, and I am not aware of a single person who was a civil.sim pilot and not already flying that combat game, who was attracted to the game and started with that transport plane.

There are a lot more reasons for flying a civil.sim than simply "not fighting". DCS would need to address those as well, in order to attract the attention of civil.sim pilots. That means full world maps, detailed scenery, navigation, full ATC (tower, approach, regional radar, ground handling), cargoes, passengers, economy, air-miles, transport statistics, massive-MP-networks, ... and to do so MUCH better than the existing civil.sims.

I would LOVE to see an E2 or C2 in DCS. But I think that it is false to assume that it will suddenly attract civil.aviation simmers (who are not already flying in DCS), just by providing a non-fighting aircraft.

For two reasons. The top one being that there currently are no other non-combat full fidelity aircraft that are capable of operating off carrier decks on any other flight sim that I am aware of. The second being that I have come across several comments on various forums and Youtube of people that like civilian flight sims and recognize that DCS has good flight models but have no interest in flying combat missions. I have even read some of people that do fly in DCS on ocation but again no interest in combat and they just like to fly from airfield to airfield.

So for those people that just like flying in general a carrier capable E2 or C2 might just get their interest to get the thrill of launching off a carrier deck and landing back on one.

Check out this great video about the C-2 Greyhound operations. By the way developing a C-2 for DCS would be much easier because it has no weapons systems.

Edited by Evoman

All that was said makes sense. One thing I want to add is that there is another big advantage with non-combat-flying in DCS over all civil sims: the crowded world in the air and on the ground. Already in single player but even more in MP. And if you like military aircraft, it must be heaven to fly a AWACS or a tanker, see some jets coming by to protect you or to make contact. Chatting with people that are glad that you are there to help them on their missions. I don't have that on my civil sims. I'm not into Vatsim and stuff, which looks very interesting but extrmly challenging too.

DCS could offer a nice community not only in forums but on the servers out there.

I would definitely try and buy such a DCS experience.

• 3 months later...

Another benefit of having the Hawkeye in DCS is that it would make the development of the C2 Grayhound that much easier because they both share the same wings and power plants. Or vise versa, if the Hawkeye is not feasible at the time because of restrictions with the radar then the C2 Grayhound could be more easily approved for development. Plus the development time would probably be shorter then most because it has no weapons or radar to model.

cc8adwqmikbaqfuwchgq.jpg

Edited by Evoman

• 3 months later...

I just saw this interesting comment while watching a video review of the new Super Carrier. It really shows the type of people that would be interested in the Hawkeye.

"Would love to see an E-3 Hawkeye join us in DCS. Being a Commercial pilot, that would make my day. All this Hornet stuff is far too stressful. LOL"

C2%20and%20E2%20on%20flight%20deck%20with%20logo.png

Edited by Evoman

Interestingly no one wants to make such planes. No one even tries. Maybe this type of planes can make profit for them also and even faster.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5