Aviation Articles

I recently acquired a complete set of Aviation magazines that look like they were printed back in the early nineties. There's over a hundred and fifty of them and they mainly consist of interviews with pilots and designers of pretty much every fighter and civilian aircraft you can think of, from WWI to GF1..as well as Concorde, Boeing etc..

I've only looked through a few of them so far and there's some pretty good articles that some of you may find interesting. Here's a couple of them I found and scanned in on the Mig-29. The first one is an interview with one of the Mig test pilots and a designer from Mikoyan Design Bureau. The second documents the development of the Mig29.

fpuf6.jpg ptoc5.jpg

fczi5.jpg

• Like 1

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.

They're called Take Off but I doubt you'll be able to find them. I gotem a few days ago from a store I past that was closing down. It looked like they specialized in comics and other types of magazines and from the window I spotted a box set of these aviation Mags that were going for next to nothing. The Owner said they had been in the back for years but I think that's more like 10 to 12 years because the dates are like early 1990's.

Here's the front cover of the one I was reading last night.

tmp1dg4.jpg

And here's an excerpt from an F14 pilot describing how he out turns A4's .. I'll try to scan this article in next week but there's a really good one on the A10 that I'll do first.

tmp2qw0.jpg

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey bud great find any articles on the A-10?

Oh yeah a really good one too. The pilot talks about target selection, how best to use the gun against Shilkas and an odd piece of info that his unit takes off pylons 3 and 9 just to gain a few knots in airspeed. It looks as though the interview was done pre GF1 because he talks about how Red Flag isn't the greatest training area because they don't expect to fight in a desert LOL kind of funny but its a cool read. I'll scan it in later today or tomorrow.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cos You are da man I tried to Rep you but this cheese system would not let me frickin bs!!! I'll buy ya a beer if we cross paths thanks Bud:pilotfly:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Heh beer good .. :beer:

Ah sorry Dice I forgot that some people might not be familiar with .rar files. Basically if you're running WinXP then you should be able to unzip the .rar file in the same way you would a winzip file. Not to worry though I just changed all the files and links in my original post to Winzip files.

Just a note that the A10 article says No.1 because its part of a series but the other two parts don't cover the A10. They actually cover the F117 in combat in Iraq and the Harrier in the Falklands.

I'm not sure what I should do next; F14, Intruder, Jaguar on a Recce Mission, F16 Jersey Devils etc .. or everyones talking about Red flag on the forums and I did see a few things on aggressor squadrons... hmm :book:

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]