Bankler's CASE 1 Recovery Trainer

Bankler

Can someone help with the BRC heading and what the reciprocal heading should be on the downwind part of the pattern?

To me, it seems BRC is 353 so if I take 180 degrees off that the heading I should be flying on the downwind leg is 173 degrees.

Have I got that right?

I got this reply from Wags about the Improved carrier environment that is being released as a module soon which will be a big help with this stuff.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3880123#post3880123

Edited by Mule

I absolutely love it and completely suck at landing the F14! Great work!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

VERSION 4.1.0

EASTER UPDATE!! :drunk:

attachment.php?attachmentid=208610&stc=1&d=1555167622

You can now download version 4.1.0 in the Original Post!

I'm blown away by the great reception here, on Hoggit and on Facebook. Inspired by all your kind words and based on your feedback, I sat down and polished things even more.

The biggest change this time around is that you'll be able to track exactly how much score you get on each step. So it should be less of a secret how the scoring works.

More importantly, I solved a bug where you didn't get any AoA score with the Tomcat. So if you struggled as much as I did with getting anyhing over 40 points with the Tomcat, now's your chance! In 4.0.0 the score was generally too low, since you didn't get anything for flying on-speed. Thanks Lymark for the heads-up on this one! :thumbup:

With some black magic I managed to turn down the default Jester ICS volume in the F-14, so we don't have to sh*t our pants every time we start the mission and he calls out "Friendly 12 o'clock" at max volume! (Since this is a cockpit thingy, it'll only work in SP and for the host in MP).

Finally, the groove time has been adjusted with a little more elaborate algorithm. Before, the timer always started when you reached inside 4 degrees of the centerline already. This turned out to be a little too early. Now instead, as long as you don't go wings level (i.e you're keeping a nice continous turn), the timer won't start until you're actually reaching the centerline. However, if you're flying an angling approach, meaning lined up left, wings level, the timer will start around 4 degrees from centerline just like before. This will hopefully give you more fair and accurate feedback on groove time, and it will be easier to hit 15-18 seconds than before.

CHANGE LOG

* Added score for each step in the summary.

* Fixed bug where you didn't receive AOA score with Tomcat.

* Changed algorithm deciding when to start groove timer to be more fair.

* Adjusted wire estimation slightly to eliminate some or all false-positive 3-wire estimations.

* Cleaned up realtime text feedback.

* Removed LSO text callouts (voice is still there!).

* On SP startup, automatically setting ICS (Jester) volume to 10%.

* Changed radio channel on Stennis to Ch 2 (264.00)

* Removed the config-folder that was unintentionally in the miz-file.

* Removed some unnecessary debug log stuff writing to dcs.log.

Enjoy!

EasterUpdateScoreboard.png.457e03efd9180fc064b4db9966edf9cc.png

Can someone help with the BRC heading and what the reciprocal heading should be on the downwind part of the pattern?

To me, it seems BRC is 353 so if I take 180 degrees off that the heading I should be flying on the downwind leg is 173 degrees.

Have I got that right?

I got this reply from Wags about the Improved carrier environment that is being released as a module soon which will be a big help with this stuff.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3880123#post3880123

A simple trick is to +2 -2 to the number to invert it. So using 353....3-2 is 1, 5+2 is 7, then tack on the last digit 3; 173

If you need to invert 128; 1+2=3, 2-2=0 so 308

Helped me when I was burning government fuel going 5-7 miles a minute.

@Bankler Good job man grabbing the update now!

Edited by phillik747
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A simple trick is to +2 -2 to the number to invert it. So using 353....3-2 is 1, 5+2 is 7, then tack on the last digit 3; 173

@Bankler Good job man grabbing the update now!

Brilliant trick on converting those heading numbers to get your reciprocal heading.

Nice one. Cheers

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

That's brilliant. Many thanks.

:thumbup:

I usually get 47 to 50 points. To me, this seems like a low score. I am not complaining or have an axe to grind I'm just not sure if this what most people get or am I below average etc. Would really like some data to compare.

I understand it will be hard to get that sort of data when some ppl might be using a different version of the mission etc.

In the future, I think it would be great to have an online leaderboard/ League table to see where you fit in.

I understand they do this in real life.

Edited by Mule

MJDixon>> That was beautiful! Never been able to hold an on-speed donut like that in the final turn! Great work! Now again, but break <0.5 after the bow! :thumbup:

Mule>> I think 47-50 is pretty good! One thing to think about is that the scoring rewards safe flying. So in the groove, it's better to be a little high than a little low. As soon as you start drifting into the red you'll lose a ton of points.

And yes, leaderboards would be really cool, though I don't know if/how that could be implemented with DCS scripting.

I usually get 47 to 50 points. To me, this seems like a low score. I am not complaining or have an axe to grind I'm just not sure if this what most people get or am I below average etc. Would really like some data to compare.

I understand it will be hard to get that sort of data when some ppl might be using a different version of the mission etc.

In the future, I think it would be great to have an online leaderboard/ League table to see where you fit in.

I understand they do this in real life.

Don't feel too bad. My high score is 38! :megalol:

That's outstanding MJDixon, I've only got a score that high in the Hornet.

MJDixon>> That was beautiful! Never been able to hold an on-speed donut like that in the final turn! Great work! Now again, but break <0.5 after the bow! :thumbup:

Thanks! Although I still need to work on my consistency, especially in the break as my altitude fluctuates a lot, I was just lucky to be on altitude at the checkpoints.

And I'll try breaking sooner. :)

Thanks! Although I still need to work on my consistency, especially in the break as my altitude fluctuates a lot, I was just lucky to be on altitude at the checkpoints.

And I'll try breaking sooner. :)

I saw something in your video that you can do differently that might help: don't set wings to auto straight away, wait until 300kts. You'll bleed speed faster, reducing your turn radius, so you won't have to pull so hard. That should make maintaining height a bit easier.

Credit: Victory's landing guide.

Love this mission.

Just a small bug so far on v04-01

In HandleGrooveTimeScore, if you enter the grove at a very low amount of time (< 6 seconds) it will have no score and result in a script error as there is no catchall.

Thanks,

Martin

• 2 weeks later...
I'm entering the break right above the carrier at 800 feet, approximately 350-400 knots and no matter how hard to turn it's telling me I'm entering the break too far from the boat.

Any suggestions?

Sounds like you are too far laterally from the boat. You should be just starboard of the island, maybe a couple hundred feet.

Love this mission.

Just a small bug so far on v04-01

In HandleGrooveTimeScore, if you enter the grove at a very low amount of time (< 6 seconds) it will have no score and result in a script error as there is no catchall.

Thanks,

Martin

Thanks for the report! It has been solved locally and fix will be in the next update! :)

• 2 weeks later...