L-39 Trim Not Working

TheFlyingGear
Go to solution Solved by Heyjax,

Hi with the most recent update my trim does not work, I tried different key binds and the trim hat in the aircraft itself even moves but the trim does not change pitch or roll even though the hat is moving. I also had this issue arise in the prior update in the A-10C but it seems to have gone away. If anyone can get this info across or provide a fix! I am on open Beta btw.

"Do not give up when you fail, but only once you succeed"

Intel Core i5-9400f @2.90GHz (Turbo-4.10GHz)Cache 9 MB, Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB x2, PRIME B360M-A (LGA1151), NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER, EVGA 750 GQ, 80+ GOLD 750W

• 4 weeks later...

I was trying to learn the L-39 today and noticed that the Elevator trim was working on the starboard elevator only. Has anyone else reported this or have noticed it?

I use TM HOTAS and everything is working properly. The trim switch on the stick in game is moving properly and the right elevator is the only trim moving.

The trim switch on the stick in game is moving properly and the right elevator is the only trim moving.

That is the correct behaviour. The right elevator tab is for 'regular' trim adjustments, the left tab is for automatic pitch compensation when moving from half to full flaps.

Note: Unfortunately when using a regular joystick like the TM HOTAS, the stick position doesn't change (due to aerodynamic forces) when changing from half to full flaps (unlike in the real plane or when using a FFB stick), so the compensation tab causes a pitch up in DCS, rather than compensate for a pitch down.

IMHO it's probably one of the few areas where DCS differs significantly from IRL L-39 behaviour unless using FFB.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2687818&postcount=5

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 3 years later...

Haven't flown the aircraft recently, but it worked fine last time I checked.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Also make sure that you're assigning to the correct aircracft, L-39C and L-39ZA have separate set of controls. 

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro