TM F/A-18C STICK

Nospin44

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

95881f2835a0fda838a1b727f79a16a9.jpg

After target update

The more you sweat in peacetime, the less you bleed in war.

www.69squadrone.it

[url="https://www.facebook.com/operationadriaticsea1[/url]

S.O: Win7 64bit,MB: ASUS Formula IV ,CPU: AMD 965BE 3.4 @ 4.0 + Corsair Hidro H70 ,GPU: sli 2xGainward 570GTX "Golden Sample" HTC, HD: Raptor 10.000 rpm 500gb,RAM: DDR3 Corsair Extreme 1800Mhz 12gb ,Accessories:TrackIR4 6DOF, Hotas Cougar mod cubby, pro pedals, mfd pack + samsung led 8".

Hotas Warthog serial 05629.

95881f2835a0fda838a1b727f79a16a9.jpg

After target update

Old news

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Beginning to think the Hornet stick is Vaporware...I know there are a few prototypes but no reason it's taken them a couple of years to work on a stick that has an exact design and dimensions...it's not like there is much of anything to test. If TM wanted to bring an add-on stick they already would have

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

Well I'm really going to laugh if someone like Virpil beats them to market with a Hornet stick and steals away the potential market:D

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

They do have a good amount of user base who has the warthog system, and it would be a shame to lose a chunk of that segment to someone else. But again this is a niche product so it probably won't bring in much revenue to begin with. Maybe an updated TM1600 system with more buttons, better gimbal, and cheaper price would make more sense since it would appeal to the mass.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Well, some folks from China seem to be already on their way...

At $800+? I don't they will be much threat to Thrustmaster at that price point. If TM can offer a stick to swap onto the Warthog base (which I thought was the whole point of making it detachable) for ~$100, I think it'll be a hit. Being that it's been more than a year now since we've heard anything about it, I suspect there are manufacturing cost/pricing concerns holding it back. It was supposed to be released around the same time as the pendular rudder pedals... yet here we are, still no F-18 stick.

At $800+? I don't they will be much threat to Thrustmaster at that price point. If TM can offer a stick to swap onto the Warthog base (which I thought was the whole point of making it detachable) for ~$100, I think it'll be a hit. Being that it's been more than a year now since we've heard anything about it, I suspect there are manufacturing cost/pricing concerns holding it back. It was supposed to be released around the same time as the pendular rudder pedals... yet here we are, still no F-18 stick.

But the throttle is more important. I mean other than "realism" of the button layout, there is nothing you CANNOT do with the Wathog stick.

But if that WinWing ships soon, they will lose customers for sure.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

But the throttle is more important. I mean other than "realism" of the button layout, there is nothing you CANNOT do with the Wathog stick.

I agree. But I doubt that's why the F/A-18C stick hasn't shown up yet.

I suspect this is now going to either ship with another Warthog bsse(which would be terrible considering the Warthog is now a very outdated design with plastic parts) or as part of a new HOTAS. The WinWing guys will steal a lot of this market even at $800-1000. That won't be much of a hurdle to a lot for a good quality set...

I really do feel like TM has missed the boat on this opportunity.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Some news on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ThrustmasterOfficial/posts/2000663193396687

We thank you very much for your interest in this top-flight project! We are currently focusing all of our efforts on getting this officially-licensed development successfully off the ground.However, we’re not able to say any more about it at the moment. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I don't think we'll see this stick anytime soon, Thrustmaster gear is focused too much on racing games and space sims nowadays.

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Which brings me to my question...other than realism, which a sim isn't, why an F/A-18 stick again? I have to give up buttons...controls on my stick, and I just don't understand why I want to do that.

I pay for a better base, but a less-capable stick on the existing base?

Help me out here...

Which brings me to my question...other than realism, which a sim isn't, why an F/A-18 stick again? I have to give up buttons...controls on my stick, and I just don't understand why I want to do that.

Help me out here...

Realistic 1:1 mapping of buttons and controls mainly. For VR its more immersive that way, there is a small disconnect when you look at the stick in VR and its different than what you feel button wise in your hand. Plus the F18 stick works with the harrier, and IIRC the F15 as well. So its a 3fer.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Unreal...this should've been out a couple of years ago. TM just doesn't seem to care

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Unreal...this should've been out a couple of years ago. TM just doesn't seem to care

They’ve got everyone by the balls, why should they care to hurry it up? Up until this point, the new players just keep putting out Russian style grips or space sim style grips, so why should they care? Maybe the Chinese group that just surfaced will motivate them, but otherwise, I’m not surprised they aren’t in any hurry....there’s zero reason to be, for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Help me out here...

The F/A-18C Hornet stick from TM has the same amount of buttons as the existing Warthog stick. You do not lose functions, buttons, etc.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

What, is the Recce Event Mark Switch a 4 way plus push button?

No. There is a three-position rocker below the castle switch. That plus the 5-way castle switch equals the same amount of inputs from the Hats on the Warthog e.g. TMS and DMS switches. All other buttons function the same as the existing ones on the Warthog.

No clue why the image is rotated the wrong way. It wasn't uploaded that way.

Image is from the 2018 E3 convention.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207800&stc=1&d=1554138936

333636964_2018-06-1211_48_41.thumb.jpg.9e74fd8c63493b79842fc8eff1e63938.jpg

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

They’ve got everyone by the balls, why should they care to hurry it up? Up until this point, the new players just keep putting out Russian style grips or space sim style grips, so why should they care? Maybe the Chinese group that just surfaced will motivate them, but otherwise, I’m not surprised they aren’t in any hurry....there’s zero reason to be, for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true...disappointing. At this point the F-18 Grip from TM is vaporware. I really think if it does ever appear it will be paired to a base(which will be a no go for me) or as a complete Hotas which unless they've really stepped up to and above their peers like VKB and Virpil will also be a no go. If it's like the TPR pedals then we'll see. Those are a top tier product no doubt.

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

No. There is a three-position rocker below the castle switch. That plus the 5-way castle switch equals the same amount of inputs from the Hats on the Warthog e.g. TMS and DMS switches. All other buttons function the same as the existing ones on the Warthog.

No clue why the image is rotated the wrong way. It wasn't uploaded that way.

Image is from the 2018 E3 convention.

Little still confused maybe. Maybe not.

WH: 1 8x, 1 5x, 2 4x, Pinky/lever/side/thumb buttons, 2 stage trigger

F18: 1 8x, 1 5x, 1 4x or is that 5 on the side?, 1 3x, pinky/lever/thumb/recce, 2 stage trigger

Honestly I'll bet I'm still a button shy because TM uses switches that only register throws, so the three position is probably only two in the game.

I don't use their software. Rather than add a layer of ThingsToGoWrong I use their controllers natively and make my own controllers (with real 3PST switches if necessary). My biggest argument against their throttle...it's neutered with those cheap switches.

The three position is a forward and back rocker, and with depress. All function just fine in any game/title. It is an addition, not on a RL Hornet stick.

Paddle, NWS, REECE are single press buttons

Castle and Weapons select is 5-way

Trim is 8-way

Two-staged trigger

3-way rocker

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]