Pitch up / trim up after flaps usage

_e10

Same thing just happened to me for the first time ever.

Take-off with auto-flaps from Nellis.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I think it's worth to bring up the 'pitch up issues' in F18, I had this problem too, for me, there are 2 solutions:

- Flaps down below 195kts.

- Flaps down with gear while during the turn.

I felt really uncomfortable sometimes, because sometimes in order to counter the pitch up movement, I have to apply forward stick, and this should not be the case in real life. According to A.E. W., he mentioned this pitch up issues in his video as well, however, it's during the takeoff stage, after the aircraft left the carrier, the plane will pitch up like crazy and you have to apply almost full forward stick to counter, even though your gear and flaps are up. (Trim set is correct)

And he said in real life, the aircraft will not pitch up like that, and you never need to apply the full forward stick to counter the pitch up movement.

A.E. W. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiVdwkuCrwg&t=3472s

This topic is cyclical; about every 3 months or so it pops up.

What it comes down to is simply "doing that pilot shiz".

The aircraft in its current form is more than manageable. As long as you make all the required airspeed/altitude/configuration "wickets" for the various locations in the break / pattern / approach turn / in the groove / etc , it is all "technique" on how you get there. Practice and try different things and do what works for you.

... for various techniques find us in discord and will be happy to work with you ironing it out.

Edited by Lex Talionis

Find us on Discord. https://discord.gg/td9qeqg

• 1 month later...

i'm having this same issue, only happens when i have fuel tanks included in stores. I've tried to fix the issue by getting better acquainted with the FCS and start up procedures as well as proper TO procedures. unfortunately this only happens with the above mentions fuel tanks, and can happen pretty randomly, sometimes every go... sometimes not at all.