Allied & Axis FAC/JTAC Mod -WWII Assets Pack Required

SUNTSAG

In this MOD I have included both an Allied and Axis FAC vehicle AND NOW TROOPS OPTION as at 11th June 2020.

Whilst the vehicles used have no armaments, they will behave as if they do. To avoid them opening up on targets, simply change the ROE to hold fire. Each unit has the ability to mark the TARGET AREA with a smoke marker (Willy Pete).

Both vehicles can be found in the Mission Editor under "ARMOR" named as follows:

Allied = *WIIFAC- WILLYS_JEEP

Axis = *WIIFAC-KUBELWAGEN

The Troop FACs can be found in the Mission Editor under "INFANTRY" named as follows:

Allied = *WIIFAC- US_SOLDIER

Allied = *WIIFAC-BRITISH_SOLDIER

Axis = *WIIFAC-GERMAN_SOLDIER

You will need to place the extracted folder called WWII FAC MOD in your saved games Mods folder, inside the tech folder. Please enjoy.

Download here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T2y9ZP58LrhYZ7Kf6iz4QJt-Sy5GgNXl/view?usp=sharing

Edited by SUNTSAG

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will need to place the extracted folder called WWII Driveable-FAC-JTAC in your saved games Mods folder, inside the tech folder.

Very cool – I'm just trying it now. Yet I am unable to see it in the Mission Editor. If I understand the above quote correctly, after unpacking and placing in the correct place, I should have a folder called:

C:\DCSWorld\Mods\tech\WWII Driveable-FAC-JTAC

which contains three files:

entry.lua

KubelWagenMod.lua

WillysMBMod.lua

Also, I am assuming these units are available for the USA and ThirdReich factions respectively?

C:\DCSWorld\Mods\tech\WWII Driveable-FAC-JTAC

which contains three files:

entry.lua

KubelWagenMod.lua

WillysMBMod.lua

Also, I am assuming these units are available for the USA and ThirdReich factions respectively?

Cheers xvii-Dietrich

It needs to be in the saved games area not the core DCS folders....like this: Drive/YourName/Saved Games/DCS Version/Mods/tech.

I have made it so that the models are available to all factions, so they are not specific.I hope this helps. :thumbup:

Edited by SUNTSAG

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It needs to be in the saved games area not the core DCS folders....like this: Drive/YourName/Saved Games/DCS Version/Mods/tech.

Yep... that was it. Thanks!

So, I've since been messing about with the Kublewagen.

C7C034CF0B02111910C9FFD264C56FD38DD55F89

This is a classy piece of work. It handles well off road, forward/reverse work, top speed 70 km/h, and is much better than the SdKfz 2 or Sdkfz 7 (which is what I normally use as forward observers). It can be destroyed (yes, I did some tests.) There are some very nice touches, such as animated steering - not just the front wheels, but the steering wheel and driver's hands. Even the driver's head turns. The driver even has a tiny photograph of his sweetheart stuck on the front dashboard.

I'll try out some of the other features on the weekend with the squad, but so far this looks excellent.

• 1 year later...

Suntsag, I have been having a hell of a time trying to get Joe Snuffy (a WWII rifleman) to act as a FAC and then a guy in my squad found this in the Mods Section. I downloaded it and installed it (v2 and saw no option to fold the roof down, not that I care about that) and still cannot get the unit to mark a target for me with Willie Pete! I have the unit acting as a FAC, Invisible and Immortal, and his ROE is Weapons Hold. I have set the frequency and given him a callsign. When I call him up, he answers and either tells me that there are no further targets and that I can go home, or he will answer with the usual JTAC stuff and when asked if I am ready to copy notes and further talk-on, I answer that I am ready and he just doesn't respond any more. Can you explain how you got that Willie Pete to show up in that little video you did??

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suntsag, I have been having a hell of a time trying to get Joe Snuffy (a WWII rifleman) to act as a FAC and then a guy in my squad found this in the Mods Section. I downloaded it and installed it (v2 and saw no option to fold the roof down, not that I care about that) and still cannot get the unit to mark a target for me with Willie Pete! I have the unit acting as a FAC, Invisible and Immortal, and his ROE is Weapons Hold. I have set the frequency and given him a callsign. When I call him up, he answers and either tells me that there are no further targets and that I can go home, or he will answer with the usual JTAC stuff and when asked if I am ready to copy notes and further talk-on, I answer that I am ready and he just doesn't respond any more. Can you explain how you got that Willie Pete to show up in that little video you did??

Hi AG-51_Razor,

Thank you for your interest in this mod. I have noticed that recently the FACs ability to deliver WP has been removed from DCS and no airborne unit will lay it down to mark a target. It was working for JTACs however. I tested this out with a Spitfire about three weeks ago and it was working.

I will however test again today and find out what the outcome is. I have noticed that responses can also be airframe related and dependent on it's specific lua code. Which aircraft were you using? Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suntsag, thanks for looking into this for me. I am in the Jug for this particular mission although I will see if it works for the Mustang as well. My aim is to develop missions for my squad where we can perform air to ground attack missions by calling on a FAC to mark the targets. As you surely know already, it is nearly impossible to find tanks, artillery or just vehicles parked along hedgerows by flying around at 10-15000 feet, which is fairly historical.

I really appreciate your help with this Sir.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AG-51_Razor....Fear not it does actually work. I am amending the mod right now to include troop based FACs as well as the current vehicles.

I will hopefully release this tomorrow (UK time) together with a video of whats available and how to set it all up in the ME, so that it works. I hope this will help? Cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suntsag, you ROCK!! Thank you for all you do for this community! :thumbup:

Thanks AG-51_Razor appreciate your support. I got ahead of myself and the download link is in the updated first post as well as the updated video. Enjoy...Cheers. :thumbup:

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]