Nvidia RTX 2080 and 2080Ti Benchmarks are starting to be released

Wow!!! 1.8PD is a *huge* overhead. I"m surprised it's not lower than 30 FPS given that it's on a 980Ti. I would have expected much worse performance. But have you seen the shader mod to improve performance? It seems to help those who are on the 980Ti end of the spectrum.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...79&postcount=1

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently run Rift at 1.8PD on my admittedly heavily OC and slightly unstable 980TI. It is certainly something I am considering to get GPU utilisation up, depending on how it is performing vs CPU.

Trouble is, PD suffers from the law of diminishing returns, but I will experiment with it and report back.

Not sure if SSAA or MSAA would actually do anything helpful with Rift and not sure how it would impact CPU performance. Be nice if someone could advise on this as currently I do not use it. Be nice to be able to use Normandy without the shimmering trees.

I do have a lot of overhead on my CPU but I still do not want to squander it on relatively small improvements or placebos.

I intend to leave draw distance alone since most of my missions are in moonlight as that will impact the CPU. Currently IIRC, draw distance is very high, if that setting is the one below ultra.

Likewise shadows. Currently shadows are medium and terrain shadows on flat. CPU would be affected, but again I will experiment with it and report back.

Currently I reckon I am lucky to see 30 genuine fps without ASW, so 50fps would be an absolute dream.

I will post back with screenshots of performance, overhead and settings in due course. Probably be the weekend before I get around to installing it.

Hehe My Oddyssey I have to compromise texture quality and stay at 1.0 PD for a constant 45fps. Hoping for high/high settings perhaps a P.D. increase but we'll see. I'm eager to see what things will look like when I can get away with added pixel density with the native 1440x1600 per eye. . I'm thinking SSAA + PD increases could be rough.

Other than that just kind of dreaming ED will be like "DLSS sounds awesome."

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Hi all

I have done some more tests with the RTX2080TI. Interesting that shadows have such great influence? Is it too heavy for the CPU?

Test 1 Nice FPS

Test 2 Nice FPS

Test 3 Not Nice FPS?

PC Spec:

Intel Core i7 7700K / 4.2 GHz OC 4.7GHz

ASUS Strix Z270H Gaming S-1151 ATX

2x960Evo250GB M.2(NVMe)

Corsair Vengeance 2x16GB(32GB) 3000MHz

Asus Dual RTX2080TI

I'm very happy for sharing the video, it was possible to still save the record even in the format *.trk, the path to the file is always C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks Thank you very much.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

I'm very happy for sharing the video, it was possible to still save the record even in the format *.trk, the path to the file is always C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks Thank you very much.

No problemas.

Yes the file was saved.

Yes i think the file name is *.trk.

Yes the file are under C:\Users\xxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Tracks

Do you want a copy, or wath?

To get a good record track.

1.Start DCS and fly save track.

2.Close DCS wate 30sec

3.Start DCS

4.Load track

In some modules like AJS37 this steps are needed else your track is no good

Have the best

Edited by Alby

Test 1 Nice FPS.trk

Test 2 Nice FPS.trk

Test 3 Not Nice FPS.trk

thank you :)

Test 1, Test 2 and Test 3 is recordings of one and the same track file. They are recorded with 3 diffrent settings.

Can I uppload the file to this forum?

Hehe My Oddyssey I have to compromise texture quality and stay at 1.0 PD for a constant 45fps. Hoping for high/high settings perhaps a P.D. increase but we'll see. I'm eager to see what things will look like when I can get away with added pixel density with the native 1440x1600 per eye. . I'm thinking SSAA + PD increases could be rough.

Other than that just kind of dreaming ED will be like "DLSS sounds awesome."

These are the most recent performance graphs I have while running DCS in VR with 980TI, with the settings I have been using below.

MOmKSAh.jpg[/img]

Zew6c3P.jpg[/img]

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

One test I always do in VR is to run the Ka-50 Quick Action mission called "Close Air Support" (or similar; the name currently escapes me) on Normandy map, as that's a real FPS killer.

Can anyone with RTX 2080Ti and VR see how this goes? :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Here is the track file i used for recording of youtube movies:

Test 1

Test 2

Test 3

fly safe :pilotfly:

Test 1 Nice FPS

Test 2 Nice FPS

Test 3 Not Nice FPS?

PC Spec:

2x960Evo250GB M.2(NVMe)

Asus Dual RTX2080TI

rtxnocloud3.trk

Have the Rift but not that map, sorry.

Have the others, name a nother example?

PC Spec:

2x960Evo250GB M.2(NVMe)

Asus Dual RTX2080TI

Very limited testing, but with 1080ti on Nevada and huey quick action free flight mission, when looking at the city I was struggling to keep 45fps, usually with 90 - 95% ish gpu usage, now with 2080ti solid 45fps with 55 - 60% gpu usage. When not looking at the city, getting nice 90fps now. (All same settings, 1.3pd, MSAA X 2, other things high etc.)

Feels much better now, also with the F/A-18

Could probably lift the PD now, but does not make the visuals much better in the rift. Need higher res HMD.

All in all, if feels like the boost has helped my VR perf quite a bit.

Very limited testing, but with 1080ti on Nevada and huey quick action free flight mission, when looking at the city I was struggling to keep 45fps, usually with 90 - 95% ish gpu usage, now with 2080ti solid 45fps with 55 - 60% gpu usage. When not looking at the city, getting nice 90fps now. (All same settings, 1.3pd, MSAA X 2, other things high etc.)

Feels much better now, also with the F/A-18

Could probably lift the PD now, but does not make the visuals much better in the rift. Need higher res HMD.

All in all, if feels like the boost has helped my VR perf quite a bit.

Good to hear.

Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

now with 2080ti solid 45fps with 55 - 60% gpu usage..

45fps is not acceptable to me in VR. I am very disappointed with 2080ti performance in this game. I was hoping if I spent $1.000+ for a graphic card I will be able to fly in DCS without any fps drops. I have two options now: wait another 5 years for faster GPU and CPU or switch back to track IR. Both are terrible.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

45fps is not acceptable to me in VR. I am very disappointed with 2080ti performance in this game. I was hoping if I spent $1.000+ for a graphic card I will be able to fly in DCS without any fps drops. I have two options now: wait another 5 years for faster GPU and CPU or switch back to track IR. Both are terrible.

Or wait until ED improves the performance in VR. There are other VR games where the experience is EXCEPTIONAL even with current (albeit high end) HW.

Also, 45 is pretty smooth for me in VR. So I don't know if you're a VR user who don't like ASW and want better smoothness or if you're comparing it to monitor use. They are very different.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Or wait until ED improves the performance in VR. There are other VR games where the experience is EXCEPTIONAL even with current (albeit high end) HW.

Also, 45 is pretty smooth for me in VR. So I don't know if you're a VR user who don't like ASW and want better smoothness or if you're comparing it to monitor use. They are very different.

Indeed. Even with 980TI, I found DCS to be reasonably smooth in VR most of the time. My worst moments were when VRAM started hitting page file and getting the jitters and some occasional artifacting caused by the overclocking to the point of instability. I have a bug submitted where water textures disappear, but I also have suspicions that it may be the OC causing it.

I had half an hour spare yesterday evening and managed to get the card fitted and the driver downloaded (do not have optical drive on my machine so supplied CD Rom unhelpful), so I will be able to give my first subjective impressions after work tonight.

Driver on CD Rom was a disappointment in this day and age and with the pricepoint of the card. Not happy with that. I mean how much would a 1gb usb flash drive cost wholesale? I was sure glad to see the 480 x 640 display get back to normal 1080p when the driver finished downloading and installed.

I'm not expecting to see much difference in the headset as the resolution is the limiting factor and cranking up PD may load up the card more, but have little effect visually. What I am looking for is a more stable experience and maybe better smoothness when turning onto the runway ect.

Waiting for next gen headsets and vulkan now.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Again, it's rendering a large distance and for 2 sets of screens, it's not horrible and better than 1080Ti performance.

I am a VR user, bought my Rift 2 years ago. 45fps and ASW are not for me. It's like 30fps on a 60Hz monitor. I'd rather have very low graphics settings with 90fps than med/high with 45fps.

i9 9700K @5.0GHz; 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM. Reverb G2; TM Warthog on VPC WarBRD Base, MFG Crosswind V3

Here is the track file i used for recording of youtube movies:

Test 1

Test 2

Test 3

fly safe :pilotfly:

Test 1 Nice FPS

Test 2 Nice FPS

Test 3 Not Nice FPS?

PC Spec:

2x960Evo250GB M.2(NVMe)

Asus Dual RTX2080TI

Hi

4K video klipp made all settings at high and ultra

rtx.zip

Edited by Alby

First performance results re I7 4790K and 2080TI. Loads of headroom left.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221127

Well this clears a few things about DLSS, although I do have to advice some measure of salt due to lack of large scale implementation in the gaming industry.

nS58xlzZsLI

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Hi

Good vid Alby!

You can go ahead and turn on and max to 16x the anisotropic filtering, minimal framerate hit and the textures will look much better on a 4k display.

You had the chimney smoke all the way down as well.

That being said, pleasantly surprised by what I saw. Saw frame rate drops on takeoff, over the city(would be worse with chimney smoke), and especially over the heavily wooded areas. No surprises there really. Max trees and 2x MSAA is rough on any GPU.

Do you have the Vegas or Persian maps?

I also saw that you were using FRAPS, could you run a benchmark with the stats? And did you take any benchmarks with your previous card?

My main goal in an upgrade would be to turn MSAA on. I can't right now and keep a smooth 60 without sacrificing too much eye candy. With some judicious tuning and settings looks like a 2080 TI could maybe do it, especially if watercooled and the drivers get better. I'm probably still going to skip this gen, but at least people doing new builds for DCS will get some benefit.

Good news is when you don't use all those utilities you should see a little boost. Also, if the utilities are visible on screen, DCS is not in full screen mode. If you Alt+Enter you hopefully will see a performance bump and minimize the drops and stutters below 60fps.

Also, for actual gameplay and not during testing, Vsync on and/or the frame rate limiter set to 60fps will save your card unnecessary FPS spikes and help keep things stable and prevent thermal throttling.

Hi

Impressive :thumbup:, just a shame that you don't use MSAA/SSAA to the max along with the mirrors.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.