First two Su-30MKM for Malesia

Gorgeous aircraft, with some notable differences to its Indian cousin already visible: Different EW system with additional antennae on the front fuselage, low-intesity formation lights and what looks like a Westernized IFF system (birdslicers on the nose).

There also seem to be antennae on the sides of the engine inlets, where there are none on the MKIs and other modern (= equipped with the Pastel RWR) Flanker variants.

Birdslicers? Just curious, which part of the nose are you referring to?

This part:

Image1.jpg.25faccde9bdcf442e48492ac77c88267.jpg

WOW.... It appears that India will be a first rate power soon enough..

Check it out, that's a civilian security guy ? No miltary police ?

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Finally :)

Hope Breakshot will take some photos of 'em in flight!

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Birdslicers? Just curious, which part of the nose are you referring to? The top of the radome, or the sides of the fuselage just aft of the radome?

Nevermind that, what I would like to know is, how does he know it has low-intesity formation lights by looking at the pics?

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

...what I would like to know is, how does he know it has low-intesity formation lights by looking at the pics?

He's referring to the strips on the wingtips and tailfins and other parts of aircraft. You can see those on US aircraft...

Just curious, those birdslicers, they do what they're called or is it some radio equipment?

Gorgeous aircraft, with some notable differences to its Indian cousin already visible: Different EW system with additional antennae on the front fuselage, low-intesity formation lights and what looks like a Westernized IFF system (birdslicers on the nose).

Indian MKI is still better.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

You have the same antennae on the F-16A MLU and the F-16 Block 52 CCIP; I thought it were the modernized IFF antennae.

From http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article2.html

Advanced IFF

The Hazeltine APX-111(V1) Advanced Identification Friend-or-Foe system (AIFF) with increased range performance (100 Nm) will operate via four (rather striking) antennas mounted on the upper forward fuselage in front of the canopy. These "bird slicers", more formally known as Upper Interogator Fuselage Mounted Antenna (FMA) Array, will be the most noticeable exterior change of the Mid Life Update.

The benefits of this AIFF system will be the support for BVR weapons delivery in excess of Radar/Missile limits and the enhanced situational awareness which reduces the chance of a fratricide.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those 4 bars you see in front of the cockpit windshield are indeed IFF antennas. At least same thing is installed on Block 50/52 Vipers.

Polish had to buy many F-16s, dunno exact type but probably MLUs, as their entrance ticket to NATO and upgraded their existing MiGs to NATO standards. To achieve this NATO IFF systems are a must, but keeping Fulcrums up to date and standard keeps them in service...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Those 4 bars you see in front of the cockpit windshield are indeed IFF antennas. At least same thing is installed on Block 50/52 Vipers.

Polish had to buy many F-16s, dunno exact type but probably MLUs, as their entrance ticket to NATO and upgraded their existing MiGs to NATO standards. To achieve this NATO IFF systems are a must, but keeping Fulcrums up to date and standard keeps them in service...

Polish got block 52+ and all the goodies it comes with.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P