OV-10 Bronco in latest Razbam video?

yngvef

I guess it's true what they say about putting stuff on the internet... you can't take it back. :thumbup:

attachment.php?attachmentid=194210&stc=1&d=1537281163

P.S If Razbam want me to remove this for whatever reason just message me and let me know. No problem.

Bronco.thumb.jpg.af54df2f2b640b301552b486b1740fba.jpg

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Would be a perfect Recon plane for Blue-Flag ;)

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I never knew it was carrier capable damn

The C-130 is carrier capable too.

In theory any STOL aircraft is carrier capable.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

Well, yes and no. A C-130 landed and started several times from USS Forrestal, but all other aircraft had to be removed from the flight deck because of the enourmes wing span of the Herc, so the Navy decided to use the C-2 Greyhound for aircraft carrier delivery instead of the much bigger C-130.

c130_5.jpg

Edited by schroedi

The C-130 is carrier capable too.

In theory any STOL aircraft is carrier capable.

I just never figured the OV-10 was used by the navy and marines, thought only the air force used it, tho I wouldn't mind trying it with a C-130 given the opportunity :)

I was inverted B)

Even the U-2 was carrier capable, there were a couple of variants specifically made for operations from a carrier, USS Kitty Hawk had the pleasure of the first landing of a U-2G in 1963, later USS Ranger in 1964 and USS America in 1969 with the U-2R.

I first read about it in Chris Pocock's book Dragon Lady: The history of the U2 spy plane.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

Well, yes and no. A C-130 landed and started several times from USS Forrestal, but all other aircraft had to be removed from the flight deck because of the enourmes wing span of the Herc, so the Navy decided to use the C-2 Greyhound for aircraft carrier delivery instead of the much bigger C-130.

c130_5.jpg

AFAIK, the US Navy never considered using the C-130 as a COD aircraft. The test was to check the possibility to use C-130 a la Dolittle's raid on Tokyo, when B-25s took off from Navy carriers, for emergency deployment of troops, etc.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."