Problems with Mission 4 (or Ka-50 in general)

I didn't fly the Ka-50 that often, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong (maybe blade angle too high and some damage)? It happened several times now to me that the Ka-50 suddenly starts losing altitude and no matter what I do, VSI won't recover. Either I'm really too stupid and I get into VRS with the Ka-50 or it's something else? I doubt it's VRS though because I still had enough speed - I must admit that I did not careafully check the airspeed though.

Well, "Route" worked fine for me (most of the times). However, you I also tried to fly with Flight Director Mode because I sometimes prefer to fly the Ka-50 myself instead of just letting the Ka-50 flyining "itself". It happened with both modes though.

Edited by rge75

Ok, but without trim is a self route fly not so nice, at me the rudder trim works not with KA-50. The FD Mode i need seldom cause Route Mode is ok in other missions, here it works not cause i cannot trimm well. But i have completly set DCS fresh new install at my PC with Windows 10 too. Maybe there was a Problem in software, hope so and will try it later again.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Unfortunately, I can't help you with this problem (my pedals stay in position, therefore I don't need trim). However, I think the Ka-50 doesn't need a lot of pedal input. It's flying pretty straight due to the two rotor blades. I hope you'll get it sorted out.

Isn't there a checkbox in the "special options" which allows you to use trim on the pedals? At least that's how I remember it with the Huey.

Sorry, but in Mission 4 was after DCS Restart again Abris and Takran in english and no Rudder Trim, but i finished it without RTB. Thought RTB is not necessary like Provider told (like Arcade), got only 60 percent. The suddenly loss of power i had there not, but the other Problems i told.

Than Mission 5, there Abris, Takran and Rudder Trim is work well there and it was very heavy for me. With full load and over 2500m a gras farp start an very close Targets in the hills, between mountains and trees. Abris Target Points done and on. Maximal Combat Weight about 11300 kg. You Need a full open throttle there. A nice Mission, hope i told not to much..Mission 5 complete. This Mission was very nice but not easy to me.

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Well, I tried again and even though I finished it this time (with 100 score), I had some issues.

- On the 2nd target, I've got the message "enough, get back" after firing some rockets and getting close to it

- when I returned and landed on the ship again, I received the message "Rockets missed the target. Eagle, get back to the point" followed by the message "Mission Failed" and "Mission completed".

In other words, there are still some strange/wrong triggers.

I guess it's by design, that you lose more and more instruments because it's still a "new" helicopter and because it's a test flight. However, I again got the RPM warning, but at least this time right before I was landing. I wonder if this failure is also triggered after a specific time? So maybe I flew faster this time and therefor manged to get back. I really don't know.

Also, the Ebris often told me something like

Obleden

Vkljutschi

pos vint

"Mission Failed" and "Mission completed".

Same in other missions here, but i ignored it and after all Targets deleted, Mission complete. Do you mean Mission 4, there i cannot land cause absent rudder trim. Seems strange Bugs through the whole camapingn.. or single missions are build to a whole Campaign.

Well, I tried again and even though I finished it this time (with 100 score), I had some issues.

- On the 2nd target, I've got the message "enough, get back" after firing some rockets and getting close to it

- when I returned and landed on the ship again, I received the message "Rockets missed the target. Eagle, get back to the point" followed by the message "Mission Failed" and "Mission completed".

In other words, there are still some strange/wrong triggers.

I guess it's by design, that you lose more and more instruments because it's still a "new" helicopter and because it's a test flight. However, I again got the RPM warning, but at least this time right before I was landing. I wonder if this failure is also triggered after a specific time? So maybe I flew faster this time and therefor manged to get back. I really don't know.

Also, the Ebris often told me something like

Obleden

Vkljutschi

pos vint

1. Mission failed and mission completed.

It seems triggers work incorrectly there. Looks exactly like this. Perhaps, you've launched rockets during the attack on the first target and missed.

Perhaps, rockets have hit he target, but didn't deal damage to the first target. The phrase "Rockets missed the target. Eagle, get back to the point", shows up if you don't hit the target. It's hard to say why they have triggered at the end.

It may be like: you did everything right, landed the heli but damaged it at the moment when the "mission completed" has already triggered.

During the test, i often had a situation when along with the death or damage to the heli some unrealted triggers have functioned. Altough i did my est to relate them to different conditions

2. i didn't build in any mechanical misfunctions. But according to stats you have described, that is:

- obleden - rotor icing

- vkljutschi - turn on the tumbler on the upper panel pos vint.

it's a serious accident during the cold weather which may lead to a dip (altitue loss).

Thanks for the reply.

As far as I remember, I shot one guided rocket onto the first target, but I also think I was told to "go on". That's why I did not fire a 2nd rocket. So yes, maybe the ship was not really damaged.

Also, I indeed damaged the helicopter during landing because I lost altitude again. Since you said that obleden is rotor icing, this may be the issue. Due to the hotstart, I did not check if De-Ice was on or not. This could be the explanation why I always crashed.

Forexkor, i now at Mission 9 but have Problems to find my Targets. During the Auto Route and searching through TV, or target screen with Shkval on to points i looked in F-10 map and suddenly i was outside my heli, meant F-1 works no more. But is of course not a Campaign Problem i sure, a DCS problem. Mission 8 was heavy again but nice to me, the land on Bridge with Auto Hover too. Mission complete. And the Bugs are much more seldom now, like in Mission 7 a return to dcs during end of Mission just bevore Landing (60 percent again), but i went on in campaign and it could be a PC Problem here at me. All the same, a nice but heavy interesting Campaign, something other like the whole gameplay and you should have to fly your birds perfectly like the Ka-50 as special. Only the Sound i switch in helis off cause it disturbs my concentration. It is seldom to have in a beta Software like DCS since years a bugfree Campaign. Greetings. Gerd

Edited by Gerd-Wiem

Back to Mission 5, in a real world conflict a Pilot will be cut of the Radio in a stress Situation during an attack run, special when he is under fire attack. Therfore it is not always possible to earn a 100 percent success like in a Gameplay, but it is of Course here possible. Because of that i ignored it in Mission 5, but got all points after deleted the targets, in other missions not the whole 100 percent.

Back to Mission 5, in a real world conflict a Pilot will be cut of the Radio in a stress Situation during an attack run, special when he is under fire attack. Therfore it is not always possible to earn a 100 percent success like in a Gameplay, but it is of Course here possible. Because of that i ignored it in Mission 5, but got all points after deleted the targets, in other missions not the whole 100 percent.

it's great to hear your review about the campaign and tips as well. Thank you, will do our best!

• 1 year later...