Multiplayer Crash upon entering server

Proteuswave

Hi there

If anyone at ED could tell me if there is anything obvious from the logs i've attached. When joining a server i get to the coalition screen and the game sits for a long time thinking its things hanging then finally crashes with a black screen. I've tried what others have suggested like increasing the virtual memory to 16384mb and I have done a repair to the game no mods installed either.:helpsmilie:

Thanks

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

Try disabling any custom pagefile settings you had, rebooting, reenabling them, and rebooting again. It seems like I can load now.

I've tried this but no diffrence.

Do you have DCS on the same SSD as the OS?

My OS is on a Separate SSD. Stable has its own SSD and beta runs on HDD.

Intel i7 6700 3.4Ghz , 32gig ripjaw ram , Asus Strix RX480 OC 8gb , Samsung 850 Pro SSD, Asus ROG VIII Ranger Z170 Motherboard.

Do you have pagefile set for both drives (OS and DCS)?

I've tried this both on and off but no success. I wish one of the ED team guys that can dissect the logs can tell me what exactly the error is that's causing this as i've been plagued by this since 2.5 was released. That's not to say I don't appreciate the help from people like yourself.:thumbup:

I'm running the STEAM open beta version.

It's been almost two weeks and I can't play DCS MP consistently. Once every 15 tries I am able to join a server and fly around.

Game server never gets past the loading screen or it freezes on the lobby screen most of the time. All of this started around 2 weeks ago.

I see a lot of disk usage and hard faults (>100s) via resources monitoring tool.

OS is on primary SSD and DCS is on secondary SSD.

Both SSDs have 32GB custom set pagefiles. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, upgrading GFX drivers to no avail.

Log attached from last time. Any help would be great. System specs in sig.

dcs.zip

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

Hey Chewie

So i've been doing some testing on my side with stable version of DCS as its the same as beta in build number. My stable is on a SSD whereas the beta was on a HDD. Ive got my OS NVME ssd pagefile set to 16384mb min and max. Ive been able to get into servers and play on both blueflag servers this past weekend in matter of fact just prior to posting this i joined the persian gulf blueflag server with 16 people already on and it didnt bomb out while running trackir and SRS.

I seem to get crashes if I set my Aniosotropic filtering to 16 so I keep it at 8x ive attached my settings for your viewing to just compare.

635445804_DCSSettings.thumb.jpg.6918f06c05bf976c4b0bf814dc089405.jpg

Hey Chewie

So i've been doing some testing on my side with stable version of DCS as its the same as beta in build number. My stable is on a SSD whereas the beta was on a HDD. Ive got my OS NVME ssd pagefile set to 16384mb min and max. Ive been able to get into servers and play on both blueflag servers this past weekend in matter of fact just prior to posting this i joined the persian gulf blueflag server with 16 people already on and it didnt bomb out while running trackir and SRS.

I seem to get crashes if I set my Aniosotropic filtering to 16 so I keep it at 8x ive attached my settings for your viewing to just compare.

Thank you! I have a found a workaround for myself which is quite annoying, but I can at least play. Here it is:

1. Load the map you want to play in MP via single player instant action.

2. Quit instant action and then load the MP server with the same map you loaded earlier via instant action.

3. Once you're on the role/slot selection screen give it a couple of minutes. If it's unresponsive just wait, it should become responsive within a few minutes. Don't go crazy clicking.

4. Select your role/slot and spawn and you should be able to play without issue.

It does take about 10-12 minutes to load into an actual MP match which is much longer than it used to take due to this convoluted workaround.

Rig: i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz | 16GB DDR4 2133 | 1070 8GB | 27" QHD GSYNC | 2x SSDs | W10

Setup: DCS 2.5 OB | M2000C | F/A-18C | F-86 | F-5E T.16000M HOTAS

CTD on 2 different machines when attempting MP. One crashes to black screen when selecting a slot; the other CTD while loading MP game prior to selecting slot. Just wanted to fly for an hour or so while I have some free time.

Asus ROG C6H | AMD Ryzen 3600 @ 4.2Ghz | Gigabyte Aorus Waterforce WB 1080ti | 32Gb Crucial DDR4/3600 | 2Tb Intel NVMe drive | Samsung Odyssey+ VR | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek pedals | Custom geothermal cooling loop with a homemade 40' copper heat exchanger 35' in the ground

I am having a similar issue

Whenever I enter a MP server the game crashes with a c++ runtime error on the second screen. Not the loading one but the one where you select your plane. It's loading but then it just crashes. SP works fine so far.

It is a fresh install (since yesterday) and no mods either.

I attached my logs, if someone could take a look I'd greatly appreciate it.

Edit: For some reason when joining the servers with the Beta client it works just fine... Guess I was just using the wrong client then

log.rar

Edited by DIR3W0LF

Hardware: Asus Strix B350 mobo, Ryzen 5 1600X OC'd @ 3.8GHz, 32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz, Asus Strix RX Vega 64

Peripherals: TM HOTAS Cougar, TrackIR 5, 24" Iiyama Red Eagle 144Hz

I am having a similar issue

Whenever I enter a MP server the game crashes with a c++ runtime error on the second screen. Not the loading one but the one where you select your plane. It's loading but then it just crashes. SP works fine so far.

Same, I was playing fine the other day, no changes on my end with respect to install/uninstall, PC components.

I have to say I continue to get more and more discouraged and annoyed but the constant bugs, crashes DCS offers patch after patch.

Yip now i'm getting the runtime error. Any of you running the windows 10 October update 1809 trying to see if there's a common denominator for this suddenly popping up now?