Question..: F18c vs mirage 2000 jammer

delevero

Hello

Today i played on a blueflag server and came up against 2 mirage 2000 that both used their jammers.

I see the mirage from very far away and locked one of them, but once i got closer they starte to jam and my headsup display started to "shake" and things become harder to read. I was not allowed to use aim-120C but only 120b and m7 amram and sidwinders.. Anyway at that specific flight i only had amrams m7 so i had to keep a lock all the time to hit my target.

But since the mirage jammed my plane I lost lock almost instant after i fire and missed with the two missiles i tried to fire, since the lock of the plane was on/off all the time.

I am aware I have a loft attack and a visual attack and so on, but I just could not seem to make it work good enough against the mirage due to jamming..

My question, do you have a tip how to fight the mirage that jam ?

And what weapon to use ?

Should i just fire in visual/flood mode without having a lock ?

Thank you for the answer in advance.

That wasn't jamming - once you're close enough jammers don't work. There's a pretty nasty bug right now with the radar in MP which causes the lock to shake and then break. I'd avoid using the Hornet for MP until its fixed (or revert your OB back to the previous build, which is still compatible with MP servers running the latest).

Obviously, use the F-5E with uber sidewinders.

AKA Venturi

"You can tell a bomber pilot by the spread across his rear, and by the ring around his eye, you can tell a bombadier; You can tell a navigator by his maps and charts and such, and you can tell a fighter pilot - but you can't tell him much!" -523 TFS Fighter Pilots Song Book