4K resolution menu unclickable after update to DCS 2.5.3.21444 Open Beta

JumpinK

I just did the latest OB update. (DCS 2.5.3.21444)

After the update I tried to start DCS in 4K (3840x2160) and couldn't click anything on the main menu screen.

I had to close DCS via TaskManager.

Since I've got different config.lua files prepared (VR/HD/4K) I switched to the 1080p.

Started DCS in 1080p and everything was clickable as it should be.

Has anyone else expierienced this 4K-click-issue yet?!

[ATTACH]193866[/ATTACH] (4K config.lua)

[ATTACH]193867[/ATTACH] (1080p config.lua)

(If anyone is interested in trying my settings, make sure to remove the ".HD" / ".4K" in the filenames to make the respective file work.)

Edit: I'm not quite sure if I'm in the right forum section with this thread. please put this where it belongs in case I'm wrong.

Thanks!

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

No problem here with 4k res

Hi,

I just updated but cannot confirm what you are reporting here. All fine.

Have you tried Left ALT + ENTER to switch between full screen and windowed full screen? Won't hurt doing that combo of keys in the main menu to test.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Hi,

I just updated but cannot confirm what you are reporting here. All fine.

Have you tried Left ALT + ENTER to switch between full screen and windowed full screen? Won't hurt doing that combo of keys in the main menu to test.

ALT+ENTER does not solve the problem.:(

Strange. So you don't have any clicking-problems in 4K after todays update?:huh:

Would you mind testing my config.lua (the 4K one attached in my first post) to check if my file got corrupted somehow maybe?!:music_whistling:

Edited by JumpinK

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

Maybe the VR/4K-fix has broken something in 2D monitor-mode now, if resolution is set above 1080p?! dontgetit.gif

I have no issues running DCS on 1920x1080.

Can you confirm functionality under 1080p?

Edited by JumpinK

I run at 4K res with no scaling in Windows and everything is good.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have the same problem on 1440p resolution. Where you see the mouse and where it actually points at isn't the same spot. It's not in "sync".

Is 1440p your native resolution?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The mouse pointer in 4k resolution with ScaleGUI set ON is broken: it acts like moving in a top-left 1920x1080 surface enclosed in 3840x2160.

I was able to uncheck the scalegui option, and now the pointer is in sync.

btw, using the gui in 4k res on 28'' monitor without scaling requires binoculars:megalol:

MainMenulogo.png.6e3b585a30c5c1ba684bc2d91f3e37f0.png

ACER Predator Orion 9000: W10H | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 900P 480GB | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz

ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Same problem here with 4k.

I noted the mouse was greyed out.

Alt Tab in and out or switching tasks didn't help. I had the feeling that the screen was simply very slow. It took about 20 seconds to show the news-tab.

Edit: Seems to work now, after a third restart. Maybe there was something working in the background or some calling home not responding.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Scaling UI is the problem here

ALT+ENTER does not solve the problem.:(

Strange. So you don't have any clicking-problems in 4K after today's update?:huh:

Would you mind testing my config.lua (the 4K one attached in my first post) to check if my file got corrupted somehow maybe?!:music_whistling:

Sure, buddy.

Fix this by editing your options.lua line 70

["scaleGui"] = false,

Scale UI is the problem here. Funny but I thought it wasn't working and never used that myself since 2.0 alpha

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Or eagle eye

The mouse pointer in 4k resolution with ScaleGUI set ON is broken: it acts like moving in a top-left 1920x1080 surface enclosed in 3840x2160.

I was able to uncheck the scalegui option, and now the pointer is in sync.

btw, using the gui in 4k res on 28'' monitor without scaling requires binoculars:megalol:

Yes, the text could be bigger I agree, but since most of the important things are said out loud, there is no need to read it anyway. ME "Clear Text" option helps a bit as well.

thanks for the response, guys.:thumbup:

Mouse problems with latest patch 2.5.3.21444

There was mentioned a fix for the mouse but I have more problems now.

I am using UI Scale and the point of click is not where the mouse appears. I am also using multiple screens (2) but not for the game - it runs on the main screen. It is necessary for HDMI sound... and everything worked fine.

It looks like the point of click is somehwere on the right side. I can see it in the main menu, when a menu option is highlighted. But in the settings page I am lost and the only thing that helps is killing the dcs task.

Please fix (again) :(

btw. would be great if 4k resolutions are better supported than just an ui scale. The text appears very fuzzy in the game and not sharp, as it should be in 4k.

Edited by v2tec

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

• ED Team

Hm... can you check please in 'window' mode (["fullScreen"] = false)?

One more question - do you use Windows scaling?

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Unfortunately, ["fullScreen"] = false doesn't change the problem.

I have to set ["ScaleGUI"] = false to be able to access the menu with the mouse.

How the hell do you test your updates, it is unbelievable.

You correct some thing and you distroy something else that used to work correctly, it is a real mess. And don't tell me that is because it is a Beta version. it is no more acceptable.

• ED Team

Thanks for the technical details. Regarding another:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3618916&postcount=74

dora, you got warning one week ago - do you want to read only mode?

Edited by USSR_Rik

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

scaleGUI = false via Notepad in the options.lua and it works but unreadable because it is too tiny :)

You need to use the incredibly useful 4K text in menus mod https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/1412130/.

Also, the 4K mod for labels and FPS counter size which I can't immediately find a link to.

Rik,

I don't ever use ScaleGUI, but I tried it out, and I have the same issue in my normal 4K resolution, i.e. nothing is clickable.

Thanks for the technical details. Regarding another:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3618916&postcount=74

dora, you got warning one week ago - do you want to read only mode?

Tell me then, where is the "other thread" you are refering to so I can say what I think and share with all other disapointed people ? God knows how many we are !

Edited by dora

["fullScreen"] = true,

Yes, I'm using windows scaling (@300%).