[MOD] UH-1H Enabled Keys and Buttons

Holton181

Most likely wrong place but don't know were else to ask. Is there a flashlight for the Huey like in the F18 cant find the bind makes starting the Huey at night in VR imposable without one
Perfectly fine place to ask. With this MOD you get the flashlight, not supported by default. I have made a flashlight MOD for the Ka-50 too if you are interested, just search for it in the Ka-50 forum.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 3 weeks later...

So, after popular request I finally got some time to figure out the APX-72 Master Knob. Thanks to the link provided by -0303- and of course LeCuvier for the guide, I have now added the APX-72 Master Knob to this MOD (not published yet). I have not figured out how to make it a 2-button rotary (CW/CCW), only separate keys for each setting.

I am now waiting to see if we get some update for the OB today to verify it will work for that version, then I hopefully will get the time to release it.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Sorry for the delay, but now APX-72 Master Knob key and button assignments are available through this MOD. Redownload from first post.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
I have installed this with OvGME but dot see flashlight or cargo view in the Key Board commands

Tested just now with latest beta, works for me.

With the MOD installed, go into "[game folder]\Mods\aircraft\Uh-1H\Input\UH-1H" and then either "joystick" or "keyboard". Open "default.lua" with a good text editor like Notepad++. See if the line "-- This [MOD] --" is present early in the file, just below the line "keyCommands = {".

If it's not present, something is wrong with the installation of the MOD.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

UPDATE FOR 2.5.6 BETA PROVIDED!!!

The version for 2.5 pre .6 is still provided until DCS stable goes 2.5.6

(sorry, posted a faulty 2.5.6 version, corrected now)

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

Updated 2.5.6 version for latest OB!

Not tested yet though, but it was small changes so unless something like cargo view have been removed completely without possibility to enable it again, or something similar, this MOD should still work as intended.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Not tested yet though, but it was small changes so unless something like cargo view have been removed completely without possibility to enable it again, or something similar, this MOD should still work as intended.

Thanks

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 9 months later...

Hey Holton181, I'm guessing you're aware that the Enabled K & B mod breaks the MC Huey key mappings.  "Request Controls" in particular.  Was wondering/hoping that you might be updating it.

Cheers, HNY.

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hey Holton181, I'm guessing you're aware that the Enabled K & B mod breaks the MC Huey key mappings.  "Request Controls" in particular.  Was wondering/hoping that you might be updating it.
Cheers, HNY.
Ah, bummer!
After I updated DCS myself I did as I usually do and check all installed MODs and corrected everyone that needed it, saved this one to be done last...and forgot all about it... I don't run MP myself and to be honest I haven't even started DCS since last update.
Thanks for the reminder, will see if I can do it tonight. Otherwise everything I've done is in the beginning of the files with comments for it, so meanwhile you can just copy that part and insert it into a copy of the original unmoded files.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Sorry for the delay.

Fixed for the new MP functionality (I hope 😬). If something still doesn't seem to work, pleas write here and describe it with as mush information as possible, I don't run MP myself so will not notice anything specific to that.

It was a surprisingly small fix, and since Stable and OB currently has the same version numbers I trust it will work with both.

The pre 2.5.6 version have been removed.

Download from first post.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

Yah, I saw your editing comments in the modded .lua but was’nt sure if it was all inclusive.

‘Thank you so much for your responsiveness here and contributions in general.  

Edited by Chic

JUST CHOPPERS

Updated 2.5.6 version for latest OB 2.5.6.60966!

Sorry for being late with this one again.

Unfortunately I removed the last one before this, working with latest Stable release and I don't have a backup...

Hopefully Stable will be updated to 60966 soon.

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Holton181,
I like to ask if you add similar functions to the Hind module?

'Toggle External Cargo Camera'
'Cargo View'

It would definitely help more people, thank you for your response.  Pet

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Holton181,
I like to ask if you add similar functions to the Hind module?

'Toggle External Cargo Camera'
'Cargo View'

It would definitely help more people, thank you for your response.  Pet

Hi Pet,
Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't flown or been active on the forums for over half a year, and didn't get a notification that somebody had posted in this thread I myself created.

Anyhow, these views are very specific for the Huey and were official long time ago, but got disabled for some strange reason. Luckily they remained in the lua files and just needed to be activated again. That is what I have done here, so actually not really added them.

What can be done to the Hind I have no clue, can't install DCSW 2.7 due to still on win 7 with no plans for an upgrade.

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

On 8/8/2021 at 1:28 PM, Holton181 said:

Hi Pet,
Sorry for the very late reply. I haven't flown or been active on the forums for over half a year, and didn't get a notification that somebody had posted in this thread I myself created.

Anyhow, these views are very specific for the Huey and were official long time ago, but got disabled for some strange reason. Luckily they remained in the lua files and just needed to be activated again. That is what I have done here, so actually not really added them.

What can be done to the Hind I have no clue, can't install DCSW 2.7 due to still on win 7 with no plans for an upgrade.

Hi Holton,

Win7 is certainly the best Microsoft system, but lately most game developers have stopped supporting W7 not only ED. The same fate befell Red Dead Redemption 2 or Star Citizen.

Since the release of DCS 2.7, I have been using W10, which I actually hate due to the clutter in the menus of the graphical environment and the overall ugly appearance.

Master Holton, please stay creative and go to v2.7, which has many enhancements and added content.   Pet

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...