Request Nuclear weapon

Xilon_x

Request Nuclear weapon  

145 members have voted

1. 1. Request Nuclear weapon

• YES nuclear weapon
    • No nuclear weapon
    • yes but less than 1 megaton

That fact that it doesn't matter to you is kinda scary.

more scary that the morailty SJW feel like they are in a position to dictate what gets added or not and they they try to spin it as an analogy of wanting a "animal Torture Simulator", and saying anyone who doesn't agree with them is abnormal.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Lol hiding behind vote count how typical of the morality police.

since when does that really matter? even an official poll enacted by ED d id not result things in favour of the community. JHMCS will come first despite other features receiving higher votes

From my POV this isn't a morale discussion. I agree that I'm more with the guys refusing the use of These weapons in General but in most (not all) cases wisdom comes with the age...

For this discussion I see only the military use or better in this case the lack of it. Actions will always lead to reactions and if side a blows a combat brigade of side b with a nuke to pieces what do you believe side b will do?

Even if it's only for fun purposes, whats the challenge? Some kind of capture the flag (one, nuke carrier, hast to reach the zone and the other team defends)?

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wow dude you really don't get it, do you? It's not the fact that it's a game or not a game or whatever, it's what it says about the idea of wanting that at all.

If you're so disconnected with humanity and so dissociated with the consequences of such weapons whether real or simulated, that's a problem.

Saying you want to use nukes in a game is equivalent to wanting a live animal torture simulator or a game where you break a vial of smallpox in an orphanage.

It's wrong. It screams misanthropy and on a forum like this it's anonymous. It's not "just having an idea", in face-to-face life that would warrant a hard look by mental health professionals.

Nukes have no place in society, but since that ship sailed in 1945, it has no place in DCS.

Finally, I would strongly urge the OP to take a really close look at himself and ask himself why he thought that was a good idea to even have in his head, much less post it here.

What you say is completely absurd. And hilariously funny at the same time (no idea how).

I bet you play sometimes after work some DCS just to drop some bombs and rockets over some vehicles and tanks just to feel better because you were feeling kind of stressed after you got home.

Good luck thinking that killing number X of enemies in other games and thinking it was fun afterwards is any different. You're the same people who say games make people violent.

Amount of hypocrisy went thru the roof!

I voted yes but I doubt we'll ever see functional nukes in DCS.

Finally Trev, I mean this in the nicest way possible - **** off.

Congratulations, I don't think Mods will find a better argument to close this thread :thumbup:

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Whatever this is doesn't make any sense. Take another crack at it and remember you're addressing someone who has actually had an active role in killing people and breaking their stuff and might have a little more insight into the process than you do. I am in some position to address the topic.

No way does it equate to Virtuual world and wanting to do it IRL. For someone who trained to kill IRL, id expect someone like you to be less touchy, and not play the thought police.

DCS is a Air combat simulator, Not a infantry or Ground forces simulator. Damage model of tanks is in no way realistic, You should then especially know the death of Virtual solders is in no way representative IRL , nor are there any civilians people. AI soldier simply drop dead like in a T rated arcade game no matter how destructive the conventional weapon dropped on them is.

Similarily for all intents and purposes in something like DCS A Nuke would really just be a Giant bomb vaporizing anything directly in the blast zone.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

By Trev's logic, Universe Sandbox must say a lot about anyone who's ever launched an asteroid at Earth or made Sol go supernova. Paradox Interactive may as well close up shop for releasing nothing but eugenics and genocide simulators. Shame on CMANO for including a gamut of nuclear weapons of mass destruction in pixel format. Pokemon is now a moral treatise on the dangers of dog and cockfighting.

Somebody please think of the children.

By Trev's logic, Universe Sandbox must say a lot about anyone who's ever launched an asteroid at Earth or made Sol go supernova. Paradox Interactive may as well close up shop for releasing nothing but eugenics and genocide simulators. Shame on CMANO for including a gamut of nuclear weapons of mass destruction in pixel format. Pokemon is now a moral treatise on the dangers of dog and cockfighting.

Somebody please think of the children.

IKR

someone better also tell him and few others that thier kids don't pick up and play strategic games like Civilization despite the E age rating.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Is it possible we simply don't want DCS to morph into a gameboy arcade ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

According to human psychology, violent and war games help children to understand the consequences and dynamics, moreover they are an anti-stress method for venting violence by playing and not venting violence in GTA and an example.

I remember a game about nuclear such as DEFCON

but it is an arcade game not to nothing to do with a simulation.

https://www.introversion.co.uk/defcon/

I personally had a ton of fun in Crysis with the nuclear handguns. I haven't killed anybody in real life because of that.

maxresdefault.jpg

that was a mod though, not vanilla content :P

That being said, even if never added by ED, nuclear weapons Or more realistic effects, maybe there is a possibilities from the modding communities or individual 3rd parties.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

So, to be clear, some of you are against adding certain weapons to a digital combat simulator, because it's unethical? I guess we better remove CBUs, and really all weapons that hurt people... As for their use, that's really up to the mission creators to decide. I'm all for adding weapons that may not be used, just because someone may find a use for them. Yes, there have been many deaths caused by nuclear weapons and tragedies, however how many have been caused by conventional weapons? CBUs? If you don't want weapons in game because you don't think they belong, that's fine. Just don't blame it on other reasons. I'll continue to enjoy my MiG-21's nuclear weapons, in the missions I've designed where they actually have a purpose. (Cold War gone hot) This is a game, so why not enjoy it as one? To be clear, I think that nukes should not be included in the current game, as so many other things are broken it would be a shame to introduce more work to it. Hell, if anything a proper nuclear simulation would do wonders for ensuring that people fully understand the consequences of nuclear conflict. That's the beauty of games and simulations. We can make mistakes, and see what the outcomes would be if we actually did such a thing.

EDIT: "Even wanting that at all is a red flag & should be professionally evaluated. This is the kind of thing someone asks for if they like to torture animals." Trev, please just stop. You're acting like a small child and not really helping your case, or anyone else's opinion of you. This kind of behavior is more of a "red flag" than anything anyone else has done or said.

Edited by Xoho

Having the option to use nukes will benefit the people who want them without really hurting the people who don't want them. Most servers and missions will probably not have them, but more options for mission design can only make DCS more interesting. I'd enjoy a bomber intercept mission with more serious consequences if I fail. Even if most people are not interested in using nukes, that doesn't mean they don't have a place in DCS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hahaha, some posts are so funny :)))))) bullets, frags, jdams, nukes.. have the same effect..to kill..silly ones =))))) if you're so sensitive, stop using this sim :) problem solved !

• Like 1

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

This thread needs to be NUKED! :megalol::D

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Quite a lot of emotions in this thread. For me it's that simple: Modelling a nuke in DCS requires developing time. Time which ED than simply won't have to finish other work, that I think is much more important, because even the possibilities of ED are limited. I don't think they have hundreds of programmers, having nothing else to do but wainting each day for new proposals from the community - may they find a majority or not.

So whoever wants to drop a nuke, buy the MiG-21bis module, drop your nuke (which by the way has just a rudimentary damage model) and be happy.

• Thanks 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Of course they all have the ability to kill, but nuclear weapons destroy far FAR more than their targets alone. They kill inordinate numbers of civilians and deny the use of land for thousands of years after the existence of any of the countries involved in whatever idiot conflict caused their use to begin with.

Gosh, now I'm afraid of using the tactical nuke on the 21 in DCS parts of my SSD might become uninhabitable for bytes, files and folders for a long period of time.

Thanks for shedding this glorious knowledge with a simpleton like me!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Alis Aquilae Aut Pax Aut Bellum"

Veritech's DCS YouTube Channel

USMC_TREV nucluear bombs used after NAGASKI 9agust1945 is............

1 July 1946 ATOLL BIKINI

You may have noticed - that was a test. Or has there been a Bikini-War? :megalol:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

"I think this whole thing is an elaborate troll at this point." . I agree , and not the OP's first attempt . No one person can legitimately post so many arguably clueless wishes as he .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2