VPC Configurator Software

1. Don't update

2. Scroll is for scroll wheels eg on the Alpha or delta grips, encoder for every other type

3. You will need to use an axis to button for this , my tutorials have more info https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kRNYjsz2IDZWueRjHKHMqHvpYJnA8wD

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

1 hour ago, galinette said:

Hi,

Few questions about the software

1) Is there a way to avoid HID GUID change when upgrading the firmware? This breaks all the binds as DCS sees the control as different hardware. I can rename the input diff files to the new names with the new GUIDs, but this is quite cumbersome with 3 controls and many modules...

2) What is the difference between Encoder Dial and Encoder Scroll button modes?

Thanks!

1) when this happens, I just import the previous device profiles within DCS for each  module. BIt of a pain, but a lot easier than your suggested method!

2) just a little tip here. I always use Encoder Dial Buffer option.  Then when some dial inputs are lagging behind in DCS compared to the dial movement, it is held in a buffer and eventually gets actioned.  Also, just acts like a 'normal' encoder dial when moving slowly/normally. Best of both worlds.

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

On 12/1/2020 at 1:34 PM, imacken said:

1) when this happens, I just import the previous device profiles within DCS for each  module. BIt of a pain, but a lot easier than your suggested method!

Hi, I looked in DCS yesterday... Where do you import/export device profiles? I could not find the feature.

Thanks!

In Controls, just click on the device you want to import, and 'load profile' from the boxes above.

Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb G2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there any way to have one physical button output two alternating logical buttons?

If not, would it be feasible for the devs to implement that feature in future software updates?

Cheers!

Edit:

Also: the sum of two physical buttons returning a third logical button.

Edited by Shrimp
Additional content
On 1/7/2021 at 2:12 AM, Shrimp said:

Hi,

Is there any way to have one physical button output two alternating logical buttons?

If not, would it be feasible for the devs to implement that feature in future software updates?

Cheers!

Edit:

Also: the sum of two physical buttons returning a third logical button.

you will need to use joystick gremlin for that

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.