>>AI vehicals cant pass bridges??<<

lightflex

Hi,

Yesterday i was building a big ass mission. I mean really really big. It was a full blown war. Whole citys where occupied by tanks. Moving AI vehicels everywhere. AI tanks where driving long distances to reach city's where they would fight verry big numbers of other tanks (in this way A-10's can give active support stopping the incomming tanks). As they where driving long distance (i was painstakingly putting all the waypoint on the roads. Some of them had 340 waypoints) they had to cross a lot of bridges. To make a long story short, when i pressed fly to see how they would engage eachother (if they would to it at all) i found out all the AI's stopped at bridges. I coudnt see why. When i zoomed in i saw a little bit of a tank sticking out a bridge. When i planned only one tank in a new mission to see whats happening, the tank just drove through the bridge and stoped at the riverbank. This is a huge bug!! Or did i do something wrong?

Rizla

...and I suspect that answer was setting the vehicles waypoint ACTION to be Turning Point and FORM to be ON ROAD ?

You won't need 340 waypoints that way, just a handful will take them clear across the map if you need to. ;)

Other hints that come to mind - Take them most of the way ON ROAD then go OFF ROAD for the final attacking. Be careful of OFF ROAD in towns as the AI can go on some very roundabout routes attempting to go around buildings.

There are limits to the steepness of hills that the vehicles can climb/descend if they are OFF ROAD. They will not cross water except using bridges and you know how to do that now. ;)

In open terrain, try out RANK and CONE formations with groups of vehicles, they can look nice. You need to check that each group of vehicles correctly changes formation as I dimly recall that groups of a certain size have problems changing formation and just stop dead in their tracks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....