Heatblur A-6 Intruder

I hope the A-6E mod proves successful and it turns into something ED will do more often - create high-fidelity, non-flyable aircraft. This is a good way to compromise on certain disputes. For example, I suggested they create an AI F-14D, so it can be in the simulation in an accurately-simulated fashion, while still being un-flyable due to a lack of data.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CheckGear said:

I hope the A-6E mod proves successful and it turns into something ED will do more often - create high-fidelity, non-flyable aircraft. This is a good way to compromise on certain disputes. For example, I suggested they create an AI F-14D, so it can be in the simulation in an accurately-simulated fashion, while still being un-flyable due to a lack of data.

Except it's not ED but HB doing it. The more quality AI units we get in DCS the better.

Except it really doesn't stand because AI units are modelled to an extremely simple level. They have a much simpler FM and hardly any systems modelling - to name one, they can drop LGBs without a targeting pod or any other lasing source and always hit the target perfectly. Having an AI F-14D would absolutely not constitute "an accurately simulated fashion", as you put it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

Except it really doesn't stand because AI units are modelled to an extremely simple level. They have a much simpler FM and hardly any systems modelling - to name one, they can drop LGBs without a targeting pod or any other lasing source and always hit the target perfectly. Having an AI F-14D would absolutely not constitute "an accurately simulated fashion", as you put it.

Obviously, trade-offs have to be made. But how accurately do they intend to model the A-6E? If they can at least achieve the equivalence of that with the F-14D, I'd be all for it.

They intend to have an accurate enough 3d model to build the future module on. That says absolutely nothing about its systems (which are the main reason the F14D won't be a thing in DCS any time soon) or FM because once again that does not apply to the AI in any way, shape or form.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:18 PM, Iron_physik said:

A-6E uses 70s Solid state computers, little in common with the analog computer of the A-6A

A-6E TRAM then improves on that computer and radar system with 80s tech

its radar for example would then also be able to track moving ground targets like trucks or cars moving as slow as 4mph (6km/h) thanks to the AMTI mode

I wonder if the A-6 was the first tactical aircraft to make use of AMTI?  The A-6A had this feature within its AN/APQ-112 track radar.

1 minute ago, Blaze1 said:

I wonder if the A-6 was the first tactical aircraft to make use of AMTI?  The A-6A had this feature within its AN/APQ-112 track radar.

that would indeed be interesting to know

What suprised me BTW is the extremely fast track rate of 100°/s, even many later radars dont track that fast

Here is another vote for a Post Tram variant.   As it’s early early days of development, and the Tram system is quite an old system, I’m hoping it will be possible for Heatblur to develop it. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

I want to say "both an 80s TRAM+WCSI and 90s SWIP please", but Heatblur is probably a little burnt out from the whole multi decade multi variant thing with Tomcat's development? Hopefully not, because getting both would be really cool, and systems/cockpit wise the difference doesn't seem to be huge.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

10 hours ago, WinterH said:

I want to say "both an 80s TRAM+WCSI and 90s SWIP please", but Heatblur is probably a little burnt out from the whole multi decade multi variant thing with Tomcat's development? Hopefully not, because getting both would be really cool, and systems/cockpit wise the difference doesn't seem to be huge.

I'm confused - the A-6E is supposed to be AI-only, right? So why does everyone keep talking about the cockpit?

30 minutes ago, TLTeo said:

Because HB have announced that it will also be their next full fidelity module, after the Tomcat and Viggen are out of EA. The AI will come before it though.

32 minutes ago, CheckGear said:

I'm confused - the A-6E is supposed to be AI-only, right? So why does everyone keep talking about the cockpit?

yep

here the original confirmation a few pages back:

I'll repeat it, so it comes "from our mouths" here as well, and there is no doubt:

Stay tuned for the A-6E and KA-6 being added to DCS World as AI units in the near future
as part of the development cycle of the F-14! 

We will be developing this aircraft as a fully flyable module together with our partners at Eagle Dynamics, 
as part of an ambitious roadmap for a growing and hungry Heatblur team! Stay tuned for more information as
we forge ahead through 2021.

However: good things take time. Please do not forget that. It is not just around the corner yet, far from it - that just on the side in all fairness, so you can manage your expectations accordingly. 🙂

@lcabc888Is this your mod?

If not, can you let the developer know the following:

early thoughts: very much version 0.1, but a promising start. Lots of not done or incomplete texturing. 
Issues to be fixed before its flyable:
Trim buttons need to be able to be set up. aircraft is very twitchy and has a tendancy to nose down
an auto-start or a 'how to startup' would be nice.
the B/N seat position is currently about 4 foot lower than it should be
Also, when using the 'VR spyglass zoom' function, it instantly CTDs. make sit hard to read the switches and start figuring things out.

Nice to have:
Multicrew, working radar (if it works and the various attack and VDI modes work, i didnt figure out how) and completed exterior and interior textures.

Don't get me wrong, its very cool to have and i definitely like whats been done so far. youre doing the right thing; now do MORE of the right things! 😄

great documentation:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

so I played a bit around with the mod and like it quite a bit

obviously its not finished, but I dont mind considering I can fly the A-6 in DCS 🥰🥰

only issue I have is that the AI doesnt know how to drop MK-84 and 83 bombs, and that the Mod uses MK.82AIR instead of MK82 snakeye

also the GPHD bombs are only on TERs, not MERs

Spoiler

Screen_210303_231133.png

Screen_210304_020231.png

best part however are the wallpapers:

Screen_210303_191206.png

Edited by Iron_physik
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Copprhead said:

IMHO very confusing to discuss a mod that is not related to Heatblur in this section. Why not use the "DCS Mods" area for this?

That's fine by us, if it augments the excitement and helps bridge the long wait that is before us, we really don't mind. As long as it is clearly marked as mod, feel free to discuss anything intruder here. 🙂

Edited by IronMike
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Now I'm kinda hoping HB might consider an EA-6A or even EA-6B AI for the full A-6E module - maybe even together with the USS Ranger or Saratoga. Just to really complete that 80's carrier deck. 

Edited by Skysurfer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1