Heatblur A-6 Intruder

6 minutes ago, coughlinjon said:

I'll preorder the A6 as soon as it's up. lol doesn't matter when you launch it 😉

Have to agree, HB's earned more than enough goodwill with me from their products for me to open my wallet at the earliest opportunity for an Intruder.

• Like 4

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Thank you Heatblur for making the two naval aviation aircraft that stole my heart since I was born in 1979. The Tomcat and Intruder made me love aviation. 

The cat was always everyone’s favorite but for some reason I was always drawn towards the stars that are outside the spotlight. The Intruder is such an aircraft, it ain’t fancy, it ain’t as pretty as the cat, it ain’t fast, it ain’t agile but damn does it look good and it can move foam and mud. 

She grows on you! 

(sweet baby Jesus grand us the version that underwent SWIP so we can carry Mavericks, Harms and Harpoons)

• Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

Until the F-14 was slinging bombs, I wasn't half as interested in it as I was the A-6 Intruder. Growing up, the Intruder was the jet I wanted to fly if I had my choice. The Tomcat was pretty, but I lived by that quote "fighter pilots make movies, bomber pilots make history." I love the F-14 for all it can do now, but the A-6 will always be my first jet crush.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

Well, you had my attention but now, you have my money. This is a day one buy for me. 

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

So...one thing is not clear to me.

Are we getting JUST the A-6E as a full on module or is it a double full module, as in A-6E and KA-6?

Personally, I more into the A-6E, not the tanker. Its only useful in MP...for SP, its just flying circuit and refueling others. But that is just me....:angel:

14 minutes ago, Skysurfer said:

I dont see why not - its basically the same plane without the TRAM and with an integrated boom mechanism. I would expect it to be.

Well would like to hear it from Heatblur as some guys say that dcs mechanics don't allow that. 

1 hour ago, Defside said:

Well would like to hear it from Heatblur as some guys say that dcs mechanics don't allow that. 

Yeah, as far as i know in the past looks like was not possible to create a human tanker on DCS. But looks like the things are changing, and ED starts to listen more at the community, so I hope they have changed the code to permit this mechanics, and with HB they can make the first ever flyable tanker on DCS, the KA-6. It will be amazing 😄

I hope it will be flyable as well 😉

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Exciting times...this will be an epic module!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

3 hours ago, IronMike said:

I'll repeat it, so it comes "from our mouths" here as well, and there is no doubt:

Stay tuned for the A-6E and KA-6 being added to DCS World as AI units in the near future
as part of the development cycle of the F-14! 

We will be developing this aircraft as a fully flyable module together with our partners at Eagle Dynamics, 
as part of an ambitious roadmap for a growing and hungry Heatblur team! Stay tuned for more information as
we forge ahead through 2021.

However: good things take time. Please do not forget that. It is not just around the corner yet, far from it - that just on the side in all fairness, so you can manage your expectations accordingly. 🙂

Thanks for the update IronMike. Keep up the good work! 🙂 

Speaking of other things to finish though, any update on the Draken AI

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Hey everyone,

Just crossposting some thoughts from hoggit;

We were super happy to take part in ED's wonderful cloud video today with an early version of the AI A-6's - hope you enjoyed a taste of the WiP artwork. 

Last time we showed off the A-6, we said that we'd love to take it on as an official module and part of our roadmap - and today we've had the absolute pleasure of being able to confirm those plans. We remain very committed to DCS and couldn't be more pleased with being afforded the honour of building more great products on the platform.

Our short term goals are fully focused on wrapping up the F-14 and Viggen- but as we forge ahead, we'll be growing the team and developing the A-6 as part of a broader roadmap. It's still *very* early days and "announcing" the A-6 will probably be one of the earliest announcements we'll ever make, so don't expect anything soon - but hopefully we've at the very least asserted the fact that we're not going anywhere and that we have plans far beyond those that are public. (even after today) 🙂

Thank you for all of your excitement and support. We owe you all everything,

Sincerely,

Team HB

• Like 24
  • Thanks 5

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

3 minutes ago, Cobra847 said:

It's still *very* early days and "announcing" the A-6 will probably be one of the earliest announcements we'll ever make, so don't expect anything soon

Earlier than the Tomcat announcement? In that case I guess we won't get our hands on the A-6 within the next 4 years, probably even more.  :pilotfly:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

“We will be developing the A-6 as a fully flyable module together with our partners at Eagle Dynamics”, does this mean collaboration on your A6 module with ED? And ED will have a hand in your work in the future? 

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

6 minutes ago, westr said:

“We will be developing the A-6 as a fully flyable module together with our partners at Eagle Dynamics”, does this mean collaboration on your A6 module with ED? And ED will have a hand in your work in the future? 

It would make sense. Cloud integration will be very important to the A-6's element was hiding in a cloud layer and using its avionics to see through it all.

• Like 2

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

18 minutes ago, westr said:

Partners as in Eagle Dynamics develop the platform. 🙂  They're a HUGE part of our success, and so anything that we do, no matter how new or detached, is really in great part thanks to them. 

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 9

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

The standard was set all those years ago. 😆 in all seriousness i had it and it was an amazing game for its time. But we’ve come a long way. 

695136A0-A0DF-4904-A7F5-242EEB3D00AF.gif

Edited by westr
  • Like 3

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV