Menu unclickable in VR if desktop resolution higher than 1080p

some1

Many thanks for your detailed and clear report.

Rik, hopefully this is a more useful post! Options and log.

Please fix this as soon as you can.

Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Do you use Windows scalable fonts? If yes - what is the font scale?

Screen_font_scale.jpg.7ec7b846d0607f9dd4d3269f06d49e98.jpg

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Not sure where to find that option in Windows 10. But if you mean Size of text in 'scale and layout' in Display settings, then it's 100%.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Desktop scaling seems to affect cursor in game (https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=219278) but this issue is present regardless of scaling options.

Maybe it's present only in Windows 10?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have the exact same issue. Half screen not clickable on 3840x2160.

What the **** are you doing in developpment ? Don't you test your software at all ? That is unbelievable and unacceptable.

You should hire for better developpers and review your testing worklflow from scratch. You are very bad developpers.

Just stay on release. No reason to be rude with them. If you can do better, do it. But I'm pretty sure you can't. There is an easy turn around until they fix it. But i bet you don't know it as you probably just came here to insult the dev's and didn't read the post.

For the dev's : thanks for the quick hotfixes you made for the other bugs. I'm sure you will find for this one too.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

If they gave me the source code, I would certainly do better than them, while you, just talk in the air and would not, any better.

I'm not insulting developers, but project managers, because they apparently do not know anything about regression testing, which is part of the basic learning process in computer development. Of course, you do not know anything about this subject either. The easy workaround you are talking about should not be necessary if they could do their job properly.

Please provide dcs.log and options.lua.

There you go. I hope it helps:

dcs_log.zip

options_lua.zip

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

If they gave me the source code, I would certainly do better than them, while you, just talk in the air and would not, any better.

I'm not insulting developers, but project managers, because they apparently do not know anything about regression testing, which is part of the basic learning process in computer development. Of course, you do not know anything about this subject either. The easy workaround you are talking about should not be necessary if they could do their job properly.

I'd love to see the flightsims you've developed, do you have a link?

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

I have the exact same issue. Half screen not clickable on 3840x2160.

What the **** are you doing in developpment ? Don't you test your software at all ? That is unbelievable and unacceptable.

You should hire for better developpers and review your testing worklflow from scratch. You are very bad developpers.

That is a really crappy thing to say. You have absolutely no clue what you're talking about and what it takes to code, much less code a 3 dimensional, highly interactive, environmentally changing, SIM with complex systems and about an infinite number of different configurations and user setups. Let's see you make a working version of Solitaire from scratch... a simple 2D card game... If, you can do that then you can at least voice an opinion...

Also, as someone else mentioned... THIS IS BETA meaning, you can bet your money it WILL have bugs and things to be fixed. That's why you have the option of only using the release version. Notice, there wasn't a patch for the Stable release this week as was supposed to be according to the schedule. The purpose of a BETA release is to aid in finding serious bugs within the community configuration. If, you don't want to be a part of that... uninstall OpenBeta and install the Stable release. Have a good day and stop putting other people's hard work down simply because you are impatient and have absolutely no understanding of what it takes to write a piece of software such as DCS.

P.S. The word is "developer" or "development".... If, you're going to make an a&& of yourself on a public forum, at least use proper spelling... When you spell something wrong, it is highlighted in red, right click and select the proper spelling. Another, neat feature some developer created. :)

@Developers: You're doing a great job! The advancements and changes to DCS are getting more and more exciting and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with next! The changes are rapid and keep all of us on our toes and looking at the forums ASAP every patch day. Keep it up!!!

Edited by Pac-Man

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

Open Beta is not for everyone. I personally love flying the latest test version in the Open Beta, and am well aware it can have issues. When I run across them I like to report them to help them also.

Thankfully by those of us participating in the Open Beta it helps to prevent some large issues such as the VR issues this version had from getting into the Stable Release version.

The issues associated with the Rift, did not affect every Rift user. I am sure in their in house testing it likely did not show up there, until it made it out into the Open Beta and got to a larger footprint of Rift users. I have a Rift and never had the VR issues many others were having with very low performance and black borders.

That is the great thing about Open Beta, it helps to prevent sometimes show stoppers for some users making it into the release version. And ED got onto it pretty quick, and am sure they will get the menu issue resolved very soon also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

If you have not guessed it and it seems to be the case, English is not my mother tongue. I do my best and my computer can not put words in red because it does not recognize English by default. You only scream in the air and breeze.

Beta does not mean not doing regression tests. You can test new implementations, but a patch or update does not have to modify the operation of the program after it has been applied. You do not know anything about programming, but it's not your fault. Take your time and stop talking about things you totally ignore. The stable version as it is supposed to be must be stable and can only be improved if it has no bugs for what it is supposed to do. Have you ever bought a car in beta? Surely not.

If you have not guessed it and it seems to be the case, English is not my mother tongue.

Apparently so...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Are you racist?

Be useful once in your life and do something useful rather than criticizing everything for no real reason !

This is too perfect.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

• ED Team

Thanks, guys.

dora, can you please discuss programming and testing issues in another thread?

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

Thanks, guys.

Rik, have you managed to make any progress on this issue yet?

• ED Team

It fixed in internal version yesterday and planned to the nearest Beta update. Not today :)

G.K. Chesterton

It fixed in internal version yesterday and planned to the nearest Beta update. Not today :)

Great news! (No chance of a hot fix?)