ASW mode does not work with today update

Gryzor

On the positive side; the image seems to be clearer/sharper.

I noticed that too. The image looked superb in only 1.0 PD.

-------------------

Having the same problems as all the guys above me.

FPS were great @around the merge, were okay before this update and are now rather low with this update + no working ASW.

@i7 4770k, 16GB, 11GB 1080ti, SSD, HDD

reboot the computer, it solves the laggy view

Have already tried that and doesn't work for me. Having terrible performance...game is unplayable and crashes on exit.

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

I just updated nVidia drivers to 399.07 (08/27) and same result.

I noticed that FPS in menu screen is not capped at 90 like before: now it reaches 120-130 FPS.

i7-7700K@4.8GHz, 16Gb-3200, GTX-1080Ti-Strix-11Gb, Maximus IX Hero, Oculus Rift, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C, Logitech G940 Pedals.

(EDIT: I am seeing a slight lag around the edges , as if its not rendering a wide enough field of view and it isnt quite keeping up with rapid head movements.)

(EDIT2: NM, it is jacked. the initial problems seemed to have gone away but whenever I try to leave a server or something it freezes up for a good while then the problem returns. I dont think its related to ASW, it seems more like some sort of memory error. It also hickups just opening the menu's while in a mission. Sometimes it goes into full broken mode and sometimes it recovers.)

It is definitely ASW not working. On the A10C ASW working can be seen when at 45 fps and moving your head the buttons around the MFDs distort (like a mirage), now they don't.

Amazingly, the people who turn ASW off on purpose put up with this all the time. I don't know how they do it, but I guess it really does affect people in different ways.

One way to "fix" the issue (until ED fix it) is to lower settings enough to sustain 90fps. After all, for the ideal vr experience 90 fps is a must.

System spec: Intel i9 13900KF @ stock,  Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB GDDR6X, Gigabyte Z690 UD DDR4, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz C18, Samsung 980 EVO 500 GB NVME M.2 SSD (system drive), Samsung 970 EVO 1 TB NVME M.2 SSD (games drive), Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler, Asus XG43UQ Monitor, Oculus Quest Pro, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Yep same issue here..

Can't force ASW on.. I never thought I'd miss the jello gunsight on the Spitfire so much :thumbup:

Its still "playable" for me although not comfortable and a lot less immersive.

D

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

Hmm... I go check this evening. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Same here. No way to flight this way ;/ How long do we have to wait for a fix.

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Same as I posted in the bugs thread on this topic...

Admittedly I didnt do the update before my first response. However after the update I loaded a mission and it worked fine for a few seconds then started the problems mentioned in the vr thread. I exited DCS and restarted the Oculus Process via the oculus debug tool and now its working fine. In fact it seems to be working better than before. Pre-patch I was never able to above 45 fps regardless of what ASW mode I tried. Now I can turn it off and fluctuate between 75-90 and turn it on for a solid 45. Time will tell if it starts having the problem again but for now it seems fixed.

Tested. Same here no problems. I use oculus tray tool instead oculus debug tool and project lasso.

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Just tested on my end, no apparent issues for me but I run my Rift with ASW off.

However I have had a couple of crashes when trying to make adjustments in controller menu while in VR.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

ASW mode does not work with today update

Used debug and tray tool both have black edges lagging behind head movement asw on off and 45 all the same going to update to release version so it’s playable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by rowdgordypiper

I initially had the stuttering problems, but computer reboot solved that.

I do get crashes when exiting missions, the game just hangs forever then crashes. Logs were already sent up by the DCS UI when it crashed.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Was only temporary. Black edges where still there and any attempts at menus cause total breakdown.

Well tonight i train with my club. I'll report back if i encounter issues or when things go well. :D

perfectly fine before the update...

...almost unplayable in VR now.

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Ok so just did some more extensive testing on my end.

My testing was done with the Spit in Normandy.

First flight was with ASW off (via Oculus Tray Tool) which is my preference and how I always fly.

I had no apparent issues. Performance was decent and it was very playable. Very smooth with no stutters. My fps fluctuated between 45-90 fps and in between depending on where I was flying over.

I then exited DCS and changed ASW to Auto (via Oculus Tray Tool). I then launched DCS and loaded up the same mission over Normandy in the Spit.

ASW appeared to be working , as my framerates were either 45 fps or 90 fps, nothing in between which is how it would be with ASW being active.

However, I did not get the squiggly gunsight reticle in the Spit nor the ghosting of the plane as I would view it in fly-by, which I would normally get with ASW active. So I am puzzled there.

According to the FPS it would seem it was active, but with the clean gun-sigh recticle and no ghosting of plane during fly-by, it would seem it was not. However even so, performance was very good, no stuttering at all and it ran well. So I am puzzled on whether ASW was truly active for me or not. Actually if that was how it was going to be with ASW active that would be nice without the graphic anomalies that usually accompany ASW.

In any event for me on my end, with this latest update my performance seems fine and for whatever reason I am not seeing what many others are with the Rift, only real issue I have had is trying to make changes in the controller GUI

while in VR which seems to crash DCS Open Beta.

So this is quite strange indeed. I certainly can not explain why I am not seeing what many others are.

Edit: Just checked the Hornet in the Persian Gulf, same results everything was good on my end performance wise.

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

The ctrl + num pad shortcuts for ASW don't work for me anymore. Still, I always disabled ASW on my RX480 as it just created a bunch of undesirable effects such as ghosting/stuttering objects and scenery. Much better and smoother with it off. DCS runs great in VR for me now. I figured they probably disabled it by default to stop people experiencing the issues I've had with it?

VR Still biffed.

Back on tonight after the crap patch yesterday ... the map is fixed but the cockpit in vr is laggy and jittery .. wooshy when moving to either side like the cockpit isn’t fixed ..

I have deleted the lua and the fxo and metashaders folders....

This is the worse I’ve seen in VR its horrendous, what have u done ED.

Specs: i7 8700K OC to 5ghz, ASUS Strix Gaming Z370 ... Zotac 1080ti amp extreme ... 32GB Ram, 500gb nvme drives for os and separate for games ...+.

Don’t know what you’ve done but really poor and almost unplayable in VR at this time... I did drop back to previous version last week .. all good in that .. then reapplied the new update and its dog ????.....

Jim

Dangermouse

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Back on tonight after the crap patch yesterday ... the map is fixed but the cockpit in vr is laggy and jittery .. wooshy when moving to either side like the cockpit isn’t fixed ..

I have deleted the lua and the fxo and metashaders folders....

This is the worse I’ve seen in VR its horrendous, what have u done ED.

Specs: i7 8700K OC to 5ghz, ASUS Strix Gaming Z370 ... Zotac 1080ti amp extreme ... 32GB Ram, 500gb nvme drives for os and separate for games ...+.

Don’t know what you’ve done but really poor and almost unplayable in VR at this time... I did drop back to previous version last week .. all good in that .. then reapplied the new update and its dog ????.....

Jim

Yes, this is the first time I have seen such a backward step.

I hope VR is fixed VERY soon.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box