New screen 18.05.2007

It looks all very sexy, but I am VERY worried if people can actually play with decent performance at all...

Remember that the initial LockOn at first was a dramatic experience for many people, at least performance wise. I surely hope Black Shark will have decent performance. But we'll see!

Great bones you throw at us, though, ED! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

Regarding a flyable Apache in "Black Shark", sorry, but not a chance. The team already has their hands full with the Ka-50 and including an Apache at the level of detail as the Ka-50 would add at least another year to the project. Will the Apache be flyable in a later Eagle product? Magic 8-ball says: Quite Possible.

Let me guess the Apache addon for Tank Killers:thumbup:

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

It looks all very sexy, but I am VERY worried if people can actually play with decent performance at all...

Remember that the initial LockOn at first was a dramatic experience for many people, at least performance wise. I surely hope Black Shark will have decent performance. But we'll see!

It was said that it will be 'slightly more' demanding than FC, so, for me, only one unit on the map in BS, yes, the Ka-50.

Until then, can somebody gove me a link for those EE: Commanche Hokum mods? I can't find the site.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Regarding a flyable Apache in "Black Shark", sorry, but not a chance. The team already has their hands full with the Ka-50 and including an Apache at the level of detail as the Ka-50 would add at least another year to the project. Will the Apache be flyable in a later Eagle product? Magic 8-ball says: Quite Possible.

Ha Ha...LO 1.3 Flaming Trees, a possibility:D

Don't get me wrong though, I cannot wait and will be quite content to fly the Shark!

Really nice model.

The only thing that worries me with these extremely detailed models is how the damage model works and how it will look, the illusion of realism could get taken away quite fast if a damaged and crashing helicpter just looks like they do in Lomac, smoking and spinning down... We need a more advanced damage model than in Lomac, more like the one in IL-2 where things can be blown off and be damaged realistically.

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

Really nice model.

The only thing that worries me with these extremely detailed models is how the damage model works and how it will look, the illusion of realism could get taken away quite fast if a damaged and crashing helicpter just looks like they do in Lomac, smoking and spinning down... We need a more advanced damage model than in Lomac, more like the one in IL-2 where things can be blown off and be damaged realistically.

If it's going to be anything like the Su25 damage model which I suspect it will be then I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Is there a release date for Black Shark? No?! Maybe 2008??? Pathetic!!!

*sigh*...some people. I once wondered how it could take game developers so long to put out a game (especially the good ones). Then I joined a development team myself...and I've learned that there is SO MUCH going on in development that the average player never even THINKS about...

I definately have a new-found respect for the challenges and difficulties developers face. Unfortunately some others appear to lack understanding and/or perspective.

If you're rig can run Lock On V1.02, IMO, it shouldn't have much of a problem with FC. Honestly. All models are built with LODs so the only way it can have a noticeable effect on FPS is if you're looking at 15 of them close up on your screen (which is unlikely).

If it helps, I've been doing a lot of beta testing on my laptop - 1.73 Chz Intel Mobile processor with an X300 graphics card, and it more than suffices for low settings (can crank up some parameters to "medium"). My PC, a P4 3.2 Gig, 1 Gb 533 Mhz RAM and X800XL, didn't suffer ANY performance loss from V1.1 to the current betas - I retain all my previous settings as before. Again, because of the implementation of LODs, the practical effect on performance is negligible except in certain extreme circumstances (e.g. a situation where 10 models rendered with their most detailed LOD).

So basically, the sum it up - PERSONALLY speaking - the new models didn't noticeably hurt my performance until I was looking for ways for it to do so.

sigzk5.jpg

This might be ALSO an odd request but could ED please NOT release Black Shark before 2008 because with the building of my new home I have no money for a new rig for Black Shark.

Just kidding if D-Scythe can run Black Shark on that piece of crap then I am good! :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Is there a release date for Black Shark? No?! Maybe 2008??? Pathetic!!!

Whirlwind over Vietnam is out - They seem to have had more your attitude towards getting it right before release. Perhaps you could go & play that in the meantime.

Cheers.

lol! guys! U guys are pissed against a single noob who doesn't understand how ED and the lock on community supporters work. Check out games like BLC 07 at codemasters. Its full of noobs....also planetcricket.net. Its insane. lol! in that case, the lockon.ru forum community rules. :)

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Until then, can somebody gove me a link for those EE: Commanche Hokum mods? I can't find the site.

Have you tried using the auto-updater?

http://home.planet.nl/~ek000114/gotcha/download/eechupdater1.3.exe

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

plus the ubi forums is kinda full of noobs too. Btw, congrats witchking on becoming a senior member.

lol! yeah! I have been here soo long....for like an year I gave up on lomac as I didn't have a PC to run it properly...now I can fly decently on the laptop which I never tried before. :p I nowadays just have fun doing bombing runs with the A10 using ironhand's wonderful tutorial on how to do "CCIP" "auto bombings" I love it.....just stay straight...and the bomb releases automatically. The Mk82's are such a treat.....immense power. :)

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Great work on the Apache, I'm looking forward to the release of BS.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.